Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing A Hunter with Mana...?

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 06:20:20 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash just nodded slowly.

"Yeah..... yeah, sure...." he said.

"Let's... let's check out the basement." he agreed.

"Might... might as well." he reasoned.

It was clear that his mind was blown right now, and he was a tad on the overwhelmed side, to put it lightly.

But he hadn't reacted negatively... yet.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 06:26:01 )
I don't think I can ever heal,
Ever replace that hole your death tore in me.

Rowena was silent before leading him through the kitchen. On the way she paused and motioned to a window.

"There's a large backyard, as well." She told him. "I'm backed by forestry, being on the edge of the city. So if your kids want to be able to play outside, there' splenty of space, and being in the trees and the forest area may do well for them for learning how to navigate a map, or learn how to stay on their toes in the event that they need it." She said before they continued on.

As they stepped into the basement, he could tell that the air was notably cooler down there, but it wasn't cold. If anything, it was better.

"To the left is hte laundry, and beyond that is a storage area that I'd reccommend staying out of. There's lots that could fall on someone's h ead - even mine." She commented. "I... tend to send Lindsay and his durable ass in whenever I need something that's a bit precarious for someone that can actually take the damage and sufgfer." As she spoke, she made her way to a door and unlocked it before opening and stepping out of the way.

Feb 17/69 - November 07/16
I miss you more than you can ever know.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 06:44:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Right." Ash responded.

He then looked inside the room that Rowena had unlocked.

It was a room, all right. A nice, big room. There was nothing in it, but a lot of space. It was almost as big as his entire bachelor apartment.

"Lotta space here." he said.

"Good to see there's a window as well. Let a little light shine in down here." he commented further.

"I assume the other rooms are the same?" he asked. "Like... I mean, just unused rooms waiting to be filled?" he asked further.

"And also, it's just the one kid." he informed her.

"She's not mine yet, though."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 06:47:03 )

Rowena nodded.

"Yeah." She said as she made her way to the fireplace before tossing an orb of fire into it, causing it to ignite. It gave the room a gorgeous glow.

"Minus the fireplace." She commented.

"I know down here gets cold, and I had my room down here while the house above was being built, so I had the fireplace put in to allow some heat." She said with a shrug before motioning to the walls, where there were three doors.

"The two rooms. In the middle is a mini bath. It's got nothing more than a sink and a toilet though. So any bathing will need to be done in one of the other bathrooms in the house." She paused a moment.

"And yet?" She asked, addressing what he'd said.

"Adoption?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 07:05:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash nodded along with what she said, before looking at her.

"Yeah." he said.

"Adoption." he confirmed.

He then bit his lip, and sighed.

"She's... had a very rough life so far." he told her, giving her a brief explanation of the situation he'd found Desiree in, and the injuries she had sustained.

"If there's anyone that can relate to her, and help her move on, it's me." he said.

"I'd never forgive myself if I just let her go."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 07:07:08 )

"Oh... geez..." Rowena said quietly before shakiong her head.

"I can only imaging the horrors she's gone through." She added. "And... honestly? I'd much rather not."

"But... at least she's got someone looking out for her. Really, that's the biggest thing she needs right now."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 07:24:42 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Mm." Ash muttered.

"But yeah, I just have a bachelor apartment right now." he told her. "NOT something to raise a kid in, and the suits won't look too kindly on it." he said.

"So I need a place with more space." he shrugged.

He was then silent, and looked at her.

"So." he said.

"You've been keeping tabs on me?" he asked her. "For how long?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 07:28:23 )

"Ever since I reconnected with my sister." Rowena answered.

"One of hte first thing she told me... was that she was in contact with you, through her daughter." She added.

"So... I've been getting information about you... pretty much anything you told Demi, she passed to her mother, and Rocky passed it to me."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 07:34:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".......I see." he said.

"Guess it's true what they say." he mumbled. "There's no secrets in this world." he said.

"...you know, I always thought I'd be angry when I met you." he then told her, out of nowhere. "Or, I wouldn't care." he said further.

"I never thought I would feel... THIS way..." he admitted.

"I feel... sad... but also... a little bit... you know..." he mumbled further, trailing off near the end.

".....happy...."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 07:37:54 )

Rowena paused for a moment before smiling softly.

'I was scared, terrified even." She admitted after a few seconds.

"I thought you'd reject me. When Vincent asked if I was still offering the basement, well... when he told me that you were the reason he was inquiring... I was terrified of how horribly that this could go..." She paused before sighing.

"I... I know that you... well... I've heard your thoughts on me..." She trailed off before sighing, again.

"I just hope I can help you overcome those thoughts. Maybe... maybe I could actually finally be a mother to you?" She asked, biting her lip slightly.

This was completly different from what he'd always been led to believe about his mother.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 18:49:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....you know, I was always told you were a monster." Ash told her. "That you abandoned myself and my brother to rampage all over Europe." he said.

"Aunt Rocky always said that we were essentially kidnapped, and your rampage was brought on by... well... excessive and massive emotional trauma." he then muttered further.

"I don't know if I ever really truly believed her, but now... I think I can." he said.

"Plus... looking back on it... considering where the first bit of information came from, I really shouldn't be surprised that it's more than likely a lie." he then sighed.

"I guess I just... hung onto that belief because... I dunno, young and stupid, and then it got set in there?" he said, seeming to be not really sure.

"I just know my mind is a mess of conflicting messages right now, but I'm pretty sure everything I've ever 'known' about you has been proven to be a lie."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 20:27:25 )

Rowena was silent as Ash said all he did before sighing.

"..... probably not everything." She told him quietly before grabbing the chain and quickly and easily removing it from the hat in one swift movement, proving it was something she'd done - a lot - over the years. She tossed it over to him.

"That is only part of what I did, only part of all those I destroyed." She commented as it landed on the table he was by.

"The rest is locked away. I detached it and only keep the ones from Salem with me at all times, as a reminder. There's nothing that can be done to erase the past, but there's plenty that one can do to try and grow from it." She told him before running a hand through her hair.

"It's all I can do. I know my past is littered with shadows, and I was terror in Europe for.... generations, actually.... but at the same time, while I believe I should have been put to death, I also realise that everyone deserves a second chance to live their life right. I'm grateful to have been granted it.... I mean hell, I was able ot meet both of my sons for cripes sakes."

"I just.... that fucking bitch of an elf may have been one that I wish to personally disembowel, yet keep alive, but I doubt everything she told you was a lie."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 20:49:46 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"............hm." Ash mumbled, as he looked at the hat and the chain.

"I see." he said.

"Well... hm." he merely repeated.

"I'll say it now, my mind is at war with itself over what I should do." he told her frankly.

"That being said... I'm going to do something different with my life." he went on.

"When can I move in?" he asked.

"How soon?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 20:51:17 )

Rowena just smiled softly as he asked about when he could move inb. She hadn't expected him to be interested still, and was quite relieved that he was.

"When? You could move in tomorrow for all I care." She told him honestly.

"The rooms are empty, clean,a nd clear, as you saw." She then commented.

"They're ready for someone to move in today if they really wanted to."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 21:03:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hmmm... I see." Ash responded.

"And I can just teleport into the rooms, as the barriers will let me pass?" he asked her.

Rowena just nodded.

"Cool." he said.

"I've got stuff to move, then." he told her. "Just stuff from my own apartment, but I need to grab some furniture for the den area, and stuff for Desiree's bedroom." he went on.

"And I need to tell Emma that I have a proper place to raise a child." he then said, pausing for another moment.

"Though odds are she already knows it..." he then mumbled quietly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 21:06:12 )

Rowena just shrugged.

"I dunno if she knows, don't know who you're referring to, anyway." She commented.

"But I can help with moving stuff, or organising it when it's here." She added after a few seconds.

"If you wish for my help. I've got no presentations or anythign today, or even any orders."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 21:21:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hm, some help would be appreciated." Ash said.

"It'd make things go a lot quicker at any r-" he started to say further, before pausing.

"Wait." he said.

"Presentations? Orders?" he asked, looking at Rowena.

"What... what do you do, that requires those things?" he asked her.

"Almost sounds like some kinda desk job."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 23:03:47 )

"Oh heavens no!" Rowena exclaimed.

"I'm... technically in the show business. And by that, I mean I do things for show." She told him.

"Ever heard of Fyreworks? Spelled with a y, instead of an i." She added with a subtle smirk.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/26 01:05:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash was silent as he heard that, and thought for a moment.

"I... yeah." he said.

"I have, actually." he told her.

"I've used one of their rockets before. The Crimson Jet, MK II, I believe it was." he went on, before pausing a moment, processing the information.

"Wait..." he muttered.

"You work for Fyreworks?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/26 01:19:23 )

Rowena paused as he asked what eh did before laughing.

"Oh Lord!" She exclaimed before shaking her head.

"No. No I don't work for Fyreworks." She told him honestly.

"I Own the company."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.