Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing A Hunter with Mana...?

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/19 06:23:09 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

The man sighed as he walked down the street, looking at the night sky.

The moon was full, and the stars were shining brightly, as they all illuminated his figure, alongside the street lamps that dotted the sidewalk.

He ran a hand through his black and red striped hair, before looking around, almost seeming to be on the lookout for something. Something... specific.

'All right, where is it...?' he asked himself.

'That order said that it was loose somewhere in this neighbourhood...' he thought further, before shaking his head slightly and growling to himself.

"Who the hell keeps a Dagger-mouth as a pet, anyway...?" he then mumbled.

He was on the lookout for a canine of sorts. One that was about the size of a German Shepard, but had sharper ears, and a distinctive striped fur pattern. But its most distinctive features were its tendency to hate being cooped up, its defensive nature, and its teeth... which were as sharp as steel, like miniature swords.

Its real name was the Austrailian Mucro Hunting Hound, but most hunters called them Dagger-mouths... as being bitten by one felt like having a mouthful of daggers clamp down on you.

It seemed some rich mage wanted to keep one as a pet... and somehow managing to get one into the country. They were currently under investigation, but the canine needed to be wrangled... before it caused any harm. And that's why HE was there. He knew they were nocturnal, and it would be active right now.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/20 01:31:49 )
I don't think I can ever heal,
Ever replace that hole your death tore in me.

Searching for that hound was proving to me more difficult than he had expected, but at the same time, that wasn't too much of a surprise. He had expected it to be well hidden, but in this central point in the city, he found it was more difficult than expected. How was he supposed to find the hound without drawing attention to him, and the fact that he was looking for something that some people would perceive as 'not real'?

As he was walking, and trying to find it, he heard something that had brought attention to the hound. Specifically, a house. He heard a cry from within, followed by a harsh voice screaming orders. It was very possible that the first was merely someone who was scared, the hound was pretty scary to those who didn't know what it was, and the other was merely someone barking orders to try and protect their family.

But there was no way to know for certain without heading in there to find out for sure. As he approached the house, he heard a bark from the quarry he was after, followed by what sounded like a crash. That certainly wasn't good.

He made his way to the back of the house, just in time to see the hound he was hunting leaping onto a child while an older woman (who looked to possibly be the child's mother) was off to the side with a young boy. She was protecting him, but letting the hound attack the child...

As he saw the hound bite her on the shoulder, obviously ready to drag her off to wherever, he knew he had to react before she was dead. At least he would have, had the woman not met his gaze and thrown a knife that she'd had in her hands at hime.

"Get lost!" She ordered to him.

Feb 17/69 - November 07/16
I miss you more than you can ever know.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/20 01:56:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man looked over at the woman, and saw the knife come flying towards him. However, he didn't react how she had probably expected him to.

Instead of dodging, or running, or panicking, he simply brought his hand up, and caught the blade between two of his fingers, mere inches from his face.

"I think not." he responded.

"I have a vested interest in that animal over there." he told her, looking at the hound.

Then, before the woman knew it, he dashed over towards the animal and child, grabbing the canine by the scruff of its neck... very roughly, but not in such a way it hurt it.

When he eyes met the creatures', he levelled it an intimidating glare.

If he could get the hound to let go on its own, that would be optimal, but he was ready to fight the thing right here and now... while still keeping an eye on the woman that was clearly not to be trusted right now.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/20 02:00:22 )

The hound wasn't stupid. Upon realising that it wasn't along, and it would be weighed down if it kept the child while trying to defend itself, it dropped the girl and growled lightly, seeming like it wanted to attack the man that had come for it.

Meanwhile, the woman had merely growled.

"You're a fucking freak, just like her. Get the hell off my property. NOW." She half screamed, not giving any information as to what it was that she was referring to.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/20 02:31:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash continued to hold the hound by the scruff of the neck, and narrowed his eyes at the woman.

"....fine." he said.

"I'll get off your property." he told her.

"But I'm taking the canine with me." he then said further, finality in his tone. "It shouldn't be here, so I'm getting rid of it." he continued.

"And the girl." he then added.

"It's clear that you were going to let the dog kill her. I'm not going to let that happen." he told her.

"And if you want to stop me... then feel free. Please. Give me a reason." he finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/20 02:34:00 )

She just spat at him before growling.

"Go ahead, take the freak." She snapped.

"Either that or she'll end up dead." She added, as good as saying she would do it herself. Of course, there was no way to know for certain what it was that she would do, or wouldn't do, in the future if she was left there.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/20 02:56:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man remained silent, but he memorized what he could of the woman. Her face, her build, her hair, her voice, everything. He wanted to remember her for later, in case she became relevant again.

"...I want to sic this beast on you so badly." he told her.

"But I won't. I'm not like you." he growled.

He then lifted the child in one of his arms, holding her at his side, before looking at the canine.

"Behave." he told the creature.

"Behave, and you'll get a Quillmouse." he then said, knowing that the dog could understand human speech, but wondered if that particular bribe would be enough.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/20 03:03:57 )

Teh hound growled before looking over to the woman and child, seeming to be desiring to desperately go and feast on them. It looked back to Ash for a moment, almost as if it was asking, before looking back, ready to tear at them if given the chance.

The question... was whether or not he would let it.

Chances were that it wouldn't, since the girl in his arms didn't seem to be faring the best, and needed some medical treatement.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/20 03:19:02 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I know." the man responded.

"I want to let you. So badly." he said.

"But I have other concerns right now. More pressing concerns. And YOU need to be taken back where you belong." he told the canine further.

He then looked right into the woman's eyes.

"This isn't over. Not by a long shot." he told her.

"As long as you remain here, you'll never sleep soundly again. I promise you that." he threatened her, before pocketing the blade she had thrown at him.

With that, before she could respond, the man, dog, and girl were surrounded by a swirl of black flames, causing them to disappear from where they were, leaving the woman and the boy alone.

"...mother...?" the boy said quietly, looking at the woman.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/20 03:29:19 )

He appeared outside of a large and imposing building. The grounds around were abso9lutely beautiful, and while the building seemed to clash and stand out, if one stepped back and took a good look at it, they'd see that there were enough vines and rustic'ness to make it blend in rather nicely. Plus there was an almost impossible enough of mana barriers around the building that anything and anyone that isn't supposed to know of it being there... wouldn't know.

He didn't have time to be amazed at the scenery though, before approaching a large door and pounding on it.

"Name and Code." a voice echoed around him. One thing that his boss had done awhile ago, because she'd gotten irritated with the constant destruction of it, was to have it tha tno one could tell where the speker was.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/20 03:42:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man sighed.

"Name. AJ." he said.

"Code. 56-Alpha-Inferno." he said further.

"And hurry!" he then exclaimed. "I have an injured person here, and she needs to be treated. NOW." he told them further, looking at the girl.

"She was attacked by the Dagger-mouth." he finished, looking at the dog now.

"5 minutes." he told the canine.

"Behave for 5 more minutes, and you'll have all the Quillmice you can hunt."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/20 03:52:12 )

The hound growled, as he was very unsurprised regarding, before sighing as he waited for the doors to open. It took about a minute before they did, which was pretty quick all things considered. The doors usually took a couple, as they were large, and there were several locks.

"Come on, get in here AJ." A familiar voice stated.

"And get her," the person by the door started, "down to Emma quick."

". . . don't linger with her, please. Not sure how well I can hold back right now. So move fast."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/20 04:07:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"You got it." AJ responded.

"Thanks, Vyn." he then said.

With that, he stepped inside, and quickly made his way through the guild. As he did, he stopped by the holding area for the animals, and dropped off the hound in a closure for it.

"I promised it Quillmice." he told the one in charge.

"Give it some." he finished, before leaving and making his way to the medical wing, more quickly now.

"Hello?" he asked, stepping through the swinging doors.

"Emma?" he asked further, looking around.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/20 04:14:34 )

He was met with silence for a few seconds before soft footsteps approached him.

"Come with me." a small woman said as she approached.

"I have a bed already prepared for her." She added with a soft smile before heading off to a bed that was near her office.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/20 04:37:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

AJ was silent for a moment, and then sighed with a smile.

"Of course you do." he said.

"You always seem to know these things before ANYONE else." he commented as he started to follow her to the bed she had prepared for the girl.

"And I'll find out how, one day." he promised her.

"Regardless, I'm sure you already know the details, but protocol states I have to tell you anyway." he then said further, shaking his head a little.

"Dagger-mouth. Clamped down right on her shoulder."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/20 05:09:36 )

'I do know that." Emma said with a soft smile.

"Please, lay her down." She added. "I will tend to her. Meanwhile, you should go tell Dani that you are back, although word may have reached her by this point." She then said.

'I will tend to this one, and will have news for you in about an hour."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/20 05:32:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

AJ laid the girl down on the bed, and looked at Emma.

"Probably." he said.

"Vyn was manning the door, so odds are Dani knew I was back before I even got down here." he told her.

"But all right, I'll get out of your hair." he went on, looking at the child.

"........" he was silent as he looked at her with sadness in his eyes, before he turned and left the medical wing, making his way through the halls, stopping at the closed door to Dani's office.

"Dani?" he called in, knocking.

"It's me, AJ!" he said further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/20 05:37:45 )

"Enter!" A woman's voice called from within. When he stepped in, he saw the woman he'd expected, an almost delicate blonde woman sitting at the desk.

"Vyn gave me a brief rundown - that you're back and brought a girl with you." She said as she met his gaze.

"Can I get more information from you?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/20 05:51:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He made his way to the desk, and sat down in one of the chairs in front of it.

"Sure." he said.

He then proceeded to tell her the details of his mission. How nothing had happened until he'd heard the scream. The scene he'd come upon, the damage that had been done to the girl, and the woman's actions, as well as her words and attitude.

"To say that the situation is messed up, is an understatement." he then said.

"That woman was ready to let that Dagger-mouth kill that girl, and she was willing to kill ME to keep me from interfering." he went on.

"And the fact that she called both me and her 'freaks' is... concerning." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/20 05:55:51 )

Dani was silent before sighing.

"Do you have the address?" She asked.

'Because she will need to be tracked." She added.

"There's a possibility that she's a hunter. Or at least has a hunter mentality." She then said.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.