Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing A Hunter with Mana...?

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/22 06:13:07 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"Well, I would like to try and speak with her." Ash responded. "Well... I mean... you know." he then said with a heavy sigh.

"Whether you stick around or not is up to you." he told her.

"I don't know how busy you are, or what you need to get done." he said with a small shrug.

"But... well... yeah. It'd be nice to have a little 'chat' with Desiree." he reiterated.

"Get to know who I saved." he finished with a light chuckle.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/22 06:18:38 )
I don't think I can ever heal,
Ever replace that hole your death tore in me.

Emma just chuckled before nodding.

"Of course." She said before sighing lightly and looking to Desiree with a smile. She then wrote in the air (backwards no less) for her to read, figuring that might be a better option.

Ash is a good man. I'll be in the office across the hall. If you need me for anything, just think it. I'll hear you. She wrote. When Desiree nodded to show she understood, Emma got to her feet, laid a hand on the child's foot almsot motherly, before turning to leave. She paused and looked to Ash before smirking lightly.

"Have fun." She said before leaving.

Feb 17/69 - November 07/16
I miss you more than you can ever know.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/22 06:41:59 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"See ya." Ash responded to Emma as she left.

He then looked at Desiree, wondering how they could communicate. He didn't really know ASL too well, as he'd literally just started reading up on it, and it seemed Desiree didn't know it all too well, either.

He thought for another moment, before snapping his fingers, and taking his phone out.

Hey Vyn, can you do me a favour and use your portals to get me my tablet? he sent to Vyn, before looking at Desiree again.

'How are you feeling?' he signed to the child.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/22 06:43:31 )

Ash didn't get an answer to his inquiry, moments before the tablet in question fell through a portal in the ceiling, right onto the bed.... which made Desiree jump and scramble back a bit. She had no idea what was going on with that, after all.

And even then, it was something that had happened before she could even answer his question, etiher.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/22 07:05:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash raised an eyebrow when he saw that happen.

'......that was fast...' he thought.

He then grabbed the device and did some finagling on it, before handing it towards her, gesturing to it. It seemed to have been opened to a chat-like program.

He set it down in front of her, before using his phone, typing something out. When he sent the message, it appeared on the screen of the tablet.

'No need to panic, that was just a speedy delivery service. But you can use this to 'talk' to me if you want to.' the message read.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/23 01:14:19 )

Desiree was silent before pausing and looking to him. After a few seconds, she carefully, almost hesitntly, replied.

...ok.. She sent.

that's.... handy.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/23 01:51:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Very much so. Ash responded.

So how are you feeling? he then asked here.

You were in bad shape when I got to you, but Emma here is a real miracle worker. he sent further.

You feeling any better?

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/23 03:30:05 )

Desiree was silent before sighing, not responding to him quickly.

I.... She paused before continuing, there was hesitation, unease, I was fine when you grabbed me. I'm fine now. That answered his question... in a way. Probably not the way he'd expected it to be though

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/23 03:30:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash was silent as he read her response.

That... answered his question, but at the same time, didn't answer it at all. It could be taken a number of ways... some of them were really not good.

Did she actually think she was fine back when she was being attacked, so she would naturally be fine now? Was 'fine' another way of saying she wasn't doing all right? Was she lying on one of the halves? On both? Was it honestly the truth? He had no idea what to really make of that.

So he decided to let it slide for now, and opted not to push it... yet.

By the way, you'll be staying here for now. he sent her.

The people here are pretty awesome, and the food's good as well. Plus, a really comfy bed can be set up for you, where nobody will disturb you. he then added.

He was thinking his office for her bed, as she couldn't stay in the med wing forever. And odds are she'd want her privacy, so he could close his office down for the time being to give her that.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/23 03:35:04 )

Desiree didn't say anything before nodding.

All right. She said.

Thank you. I.... I should probably... probably go home though... There was hesitation as she typed it out, and he could read it too

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/23 03:59:11 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

You don't have to. Ash sent her.

We're making it so that you never have to deal with those people again. he then typed further.

You were really hurt when I found you, and Emma found a lot of bad injuries on you. he continued to send, biting his lip a little, and sighing lightly.

It really didn't seem safe there for you. he finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/23 04:05:28 )

.... Mother is the only person who can handle me. Desiree rplied with.

Mother is the only person who has any chance of handling a freak like me... She'd likely been hearing that since she was a child, and as a result, she was quite a... stressful case, most likely.

Whomever adopted her would certainly have their hands full, it seemed.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/23 04:20:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash was silent as he read that.

I know what you mean. he sent.

I was told the very same thing when I was young. he informed her further.

But it ended up... not being true. he went on, before pausing for a moment.

...would you ever give someone a chance to 'handle' you? he then asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/23 04:22:27 )

There would be no need to ask. was Desiree's response. Now, the question remained... was that because she would be grateful for anything that could be given in terms of help? Or was it due to how she seemed ot have been raised: Raised to not ask any questions, to make no requests... nothing.

There was no way to know for certain though, sadly.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/23 04:45:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......." Ash didn't know what to make of this.

It seemed that this girl had really be damaged by her life with that woman. And it was clear that whoever took her in would have a hard time understanding her.

Worst case scenario, she'd be bounced from home to home, never having a proper permanent place to call 'home', which would result in her psyche being even MORE damaged.

I see. he sent her.

He then pondered something for another moment, before looking in the direction of Emma's office.

"Hey, Emma?" he called out softly. If she heard him, great, if not, he'd wait. He didn't want to yell in the medical wing, and didn't want to leave Desiree alone at the moment.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/23 05:07:50 )

Desiree didn't say anythingmore, but that was mostly because she didn't know what more she could say.

When Ash called for Emma, he was met with silence for a moment before his cell chimed. He had a notice from a.... non-number. It was a text, but it didn't say anything about a number that it was sent from. It was literally merely a case of no number or anything being there.

He checked it though, out of curiosity... and a suspicion that it was from Emma. Her phone didn't have a number for some reason, yet there was never any problem with replying to that text to contact her. It was quite odd, to say the least.

I'm over by the window. was all it said.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/23 05:26:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..........." Ash was silent, and just sighed.

All right. he sent her, before looking at Desiree.

I'll be right back. he sent to the child. Just need to go and see Emma for a moment. he added.

When he received a reply, essentially saying 'okay', he got up and made his way to where Emma was.

"Hey." he said when he approached.

"I have a question for you." he told her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/23 05:29:42 )

Emma was silent as Ash approached, seeming to be reading a book at the time. When he greeted her, she closed the book with a light chuckle.

"Ask away, AJ." She said, her voice calm, kind, welcoming. It was everything he was used to from her. Emma was one of the nicest and most welcoming people he'd ever known.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/23 05:39:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash just smiled when she spoke.

"Desiree's going to be a ward of the guild, right?" he asked. Emma nodded in response. "But that's just until someone adopted her, and it's not permanent, yeah?" he asked further.

Again, Emma nodded.

"Just out of curiosity, what sort of living arrangements need to be met for someone to adopt?" he then asked her.

"Like... I mean, clearly, someone that lives in squalor or is homeless can't, but... like... what's the minimum needed in terms of, say, an apartment?" he asked her.

"Space-wise, that is." he then clarified. "I assume someone that lives in, say, a bachelor apartment would need to upgrade if they were wanting to adopt?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/23 18:46:30 )

Emma nodded.

"Yes. There would have to be a minimum of two bedrooms, for she is old enough to warrant her own." She answered.

"Why do you ask, do you have someone you think you want to bring this up with?" She asked, her voice curious.

"Almost any of the hunters have the financial backing to be able to take care of her, so that isn't an issue, but there might be a slight issue with the ones that do not have anyone else living with them.' She continued.

"Desiree is young enough that she will need someone with her. But... as long as it can be proven that a single person has someone they can call on to be a babysitter for her while they are here, or on a hunt, then I don't think there will be any issues." She finished with.,

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.