Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Ernyan Hangout Thread

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 16:53:28 )
@Elithiya: Fingers crossed for sure!

@blinkini: I think my biggest struggle with trying to get as active on Ernya as I was on my homesite, was that by the time I had joined Ernya it had been opened for quite some time. People had already created their circles of friends and who they chatted with. For me, who is mostly introverted, it's hard to find a way in to that circle. My homesite I had the pleasure of joining a few months after it opened so I was able to be there when everyone was coming in, it felt easy to make friends there, because we were all the same.

Donator — pancake Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 17:36:36 )
@Niamh: That's completely understandable. I felt that way on Solia.
I joined Ernya December 10th of 2009, but I didn't become active until probably May of 2010. So the site was almost a year old and there were so many people. But I had only been on Gaia up until that point and so I kind of just forced my way into the BS and went from there. I met so many amazing people in the BS and finally worked up the courage to branch out and explore the rest of the forums.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 17:56:17 )
@blinkini: My Gaia citizenship was purely due to roleplaying, it was where I was able to find the best and most diverse roleplays. I didn't venture much into other areas of the site. Once it got too extensive for me to keep up with I moved on. Roliana was the first place I actually talked to people and made friends. But eventually life sort of scattered us all and that's when I started just lurking about on other sites.

Donator — pancake Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 18:02:01 )
I joined Gaia back in 2004. It wasn't too horrible and I'd never seen anything like it-closest was Neopets which was still in it's infancy. I was completely enamored with the idea of avatars and dressing them by earning items in various ways. It helped me to develop my art skills, my people skills, and my attention span. I still remember what forced me into Ernya's arms. I was on the Marketplace showing my mom how the site worked since she was curious, and I was getting rid of one of the most expensive items I had because I never used it. Since I was distracted I left off a 0 and ended up selling it for much less than I'd intended. It got swiped up before I could take it off the market. I tried to reason with the buyer, but they pretty much told me tough luck and I was so distraught. I logged onto Solia to get away from Gaia, but I still couldn't get into it. Then I remembered the ad I'd seen on Tektek and ran straight over to Ernya. Granted I only played the games for the first several months. Lol.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 18:08:37 )
@blinkini: That is a horrible experience but one I'm not surprised you had. I hadn't had too many negative experiences for myself but going into the forums, it didn't really look like a place I wanted to be anyway.

Ahhh... no I'm really getting nostalgic about Ernya. I wish, at the very least, I had taken a screenshot of my last avi. I didn't even know Ernya was gone till I came back around in 2016, I had been offline since 2014. :vanora_cry:

Donator — pancake Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 18:11:48 )
@Niamh: Honestly, I can see the lack of appeal. Most people there have become so rude. Most of the forums are literally trolls trolling trolls. =/

Oh glob, right? Dread called me and let me know about it and when I got on I just couldn't believe it. It went down like a week or two before they said it was going to. They said they were going to give us time to get a hold of all of our friends and make sure we could keep in contact... But I think the behind the scenes drama turned worse and it just got away from them. =/

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 18:16:55 )
@blinkini: It's a shame really, they had something great going with Ernya. It was all I read about even when I went to other sites.

I've really enjoyed my time here so far, though only being a day isn't a testament to the long term. But I do keep finding myself back here when I get free time, so that says a little something.

Donator — pancake Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 18:26:19 )
@Niamh: It really was a magical place...

I've been on since they opened the Alpha on the 18th or 20th? I can't remember, anymore. D;
But it's the first thing I check when I wake up in the morning and the last thing I'm on when I go to sleep every night.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 18:39:27 )
@blinkini: I'm hoping I will be like that too. It was nice having something like that before, something that I looked forward to. Not that, I don't look forward to other things... obviously, haha... I definitely look forward to my morning cup of coffee.

I'm glad I was at least able to come in on Beta. I've never really been on a site in it's earlier stages, only when it's been more established. Gaia had been a few years, so had Ernya, Roliana had been a few months... but now, I'm excited to see what is coming for Voltra.

Donator — pancake Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 18:44:07 )
@Niamh: There are only a few things I truly enjoy, and Voltra is towards the top of the list. /nodnod

Most sites I join in the early stages don't last long, but it's always because a certain someone seems to be involved and fricks it all up. D:<
Fozzy definitely has a good head on his shoulders and I'm sure that paired with Baz, Voltra will be going places. <3

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 19:43:50 )
@blinkini: I guess I should clarify that I have actually been on two sites at it's beginning. I didn't bother mentioning them because of them going under so quickly after open, both had the same owner. It was a horrible experience. So much money donated to get it going and then so much drama right off the bat.

I would say that was probably the starting point of my inactivity with avatar sites. After getting burned I was really wary of where I went or how invested I got.

Donator — pancake Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 19:48:17 )
@Niamh: I'm sure most of us were on those sites. =/ It's a shame that he had to go and ruin what would have been such amazing sites with his greed.
I can understand not being active on avatar sites after that.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 19:58:35 )
@blinkini: Ahhh yes I would say we all have been.

And random bit but woohoo for being a December baby! I was browsing the birthday thread and saw yours was the 9th, mine is the 5th.
Please @ me.
My mind wanders so that ensures I come back.

Donator — pancake Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 20:02:05 )
@Niamh: Oh, how neat!

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 21:45:06 )
blinkini:
I joined Gaia back in 2004. It wasn't too horrible and I'd never seen anything like it-closest was Neopets which was still in it's infancy. I was completely enamored with the idea of avatars and dressing them by earning items in various ways.
Yes! I was on Gaia in 2005 I think. Neopets just before that myself.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 06:40:09 )
I was on Ernya for a LONG while (with a different name) then poofed for real life reasons. By the time I was able to come back to it, it was gone forever. The saddest part is, I've got a ton of art saved and no freaking clue who made it because I failed to label it correctly.

Donator — Minya Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 14:21:50 )
@AelloTyphoeus: I doubt I would remember who each artist was but I'd love to see your collection one day.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 18:35:50 )
If other people are okay with it, I may post some of them up later today when I get home and see if any are recognized.

Donator — Minya Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 20:58:29 )
@AelloTyphoeus: cool! Or you could always make a gallery of them. See if anyone else remembers.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 21:19:52 )
@The Youngest Granny: I was tempted, but I'm not sure how allowed that would be since it's art from another site.
Quest Link
Please Mention. I tend to poof and need reminding.
44.1/50k

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.