Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk weight stuff and depression

Donator — Any Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/8 00:07:44 )
》::: ✿・`.*
b4 this bs (probably around 135)

now :,,,,)

jee where do i even start
So uhhh i used to be 120ish lbs (im 5'2). Then I got onto prozac and gained 30lbs. Wasnt too big of a deal. Then birth control basically made me hate myself for 3+ years D: I gained over 40lbs and almost hit 200..
So I switched my medication and I go to get this stupid implant out thats been making my life shit. It made my depression off the wall and obv weight gain, and alot of other hormonal issues. Since switching my medicine I have suprisingly been waaaaay less hungry and lost 5lbs within 2wks which is pretty damn awesome.
Still have days where i could probably eat a small villiage though. Ive started buying way less sweets (help me i love sweets more than my dogs) and learned I actually LOVE veggies with hummus??? Trying to goto the gym is pretty hectic so I bought a yoga mat and weights, and started running AND OH BOY DOES THAT SUCK.
I feel a little better knowing that im making some progress but ugh. My self esteem is awful. Always has been but i seriously cry when I look at myself now. I used to love buying new makeup or clothes and I really REALLY wanted to work to be a model and now I just..dont wanna even brush my hair. I hate myself so much :(. Even shittier, alot of people who I know have lost HELLA weight and I just feel like I cant do it? uuhghhhhhhg. Its so shitty. Anytime I go somewhere im in a terrible mood bc I dont want people to see how ugly I am :(. I used to be really social and now I feel so awkward. My legs hurt from walking, and im super awkward at times bc im not used to being this size at all. I mean.. I dont look too bad I guess but UGGGGGHHH.
*.`・✿ ::: 《
Please ping me!

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/8 12:17:01 )
First of all, you look amazing. You need to start telling yourself that, though. Do the things it takes to make you feel like you used to. Go out and buy those clothes and that makeup, get your hair looking awesome. If you're still not feeling it, jam out to your favorite empowering song before you start your day. You can still go after your dreams, models of all shapes and sizes exist. I personally prefer a model that looks more like me, and I'm sure I'm not the only person out there that does.
Getting healthy, getting that birth control sorted out.... that is all very important, too, but its going to be so much easier if you're not doing it because you feel like you're ugly. In my personal experience, what you believe and what you present to the world dictates how the world sees you and what you become. Believe it to achieve it, m'dear.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/8 20:34:34 )

Your beautiful, don't let something like this affect you, just be thankful you have your health & flawless skin btw.
Be you. Wear make-up, dress up, feel beautiful in the small moments when you don't expect it.

Just chillin'

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/10 22:07:57 )
Medication and aging sure don't help with weight. I've had struggles myself over the years, mostly with work changing from physically demanding types to cushy office types with long hours of inactivity.

One thing that helped me lose weight pretty easily (going from size 12 to 8) was switching to drinking mostly water. I mean, once you look into the effects of caffeine on your body, you really stop wanting to even put soda and coffee in your mouth, anyway. I went down 2 sizes in 6 months and my only switch was cutting the soda out of my diet.

I had a coworker lose 200 pounds and he told me all he did was start walking. He stopped using elevators and only used stairs, he parked as far away from the doors of stores as possible, and he did some walking on the weekends. I was really impressed, especially cause he was in his 60s!

Small changes like that can really add up and help counteract some of the negative effects of birth control, sedentary employment, and depression and things that can make you want to overeat. Also, getting plenty of sleep actually helps your digestion (so I've heard).

But honestly, you look great. It's useless to compare yourself to others cause our bodies all work differently and we all have different stresses, habits, and lifestyles that affect us in different ways. You can try and just go for walks (listening to music to walk in step to is helpful), drink more water and less soda/juices, and buy fewer snacks (if they aren't around, you can't eat them!) for an easy start. Every little bit helps. And regardless, you should wear whatever makes you happy.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.