Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Literature I want to start writing...

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/3 04:07:20 )
Locked due to 6+months of inactivity in the thread. If you would like this thread unlocked, please PM a mod.

a magical girl graphic novel! I just finished Madoka for the first time. I've always loved magical girl stories, I grew up watching Cardcaptor Sakura, Sailor Moon, Tokyo Mewmew, etc.

*starts scribbling concept art* :vanora_upsidedown:

What's something you've been writing? or would like to?

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/3 04:22:39 )
I've wanted to write children's books that relate to math somehow, but it's a really competitive area. /facepalm.

I had a random thought in the shower for a story that involves clothing trends. It's super dumb, but bear with me-

You know how all clothing trends come back around? What if- WHAT IF you fell asleep in a particular outfit that was reminiscent of, let's say, the 70's and you woke up IN the 70's or any decade based on what you're wearing. BUT it can only be if the outfit is authentic looking enough- that way you wouldn't stand out too terribly as you're walking around frantically looking for some outfit that looked like it came from the decade you belong in. People would be trying to fall asleep in clothes to wake up in a decade to change the past, but you only land in that time-year- when your clothes were popular. Also, you wake up in the same spot you fell asleep in. If your house didn't exist 40 years ago, you're waking up in the middle of the woods or a field and you gotta find your way to civilization, find an outfit to get you back, AND THEN find the spot to fall back asleep in to get back in your house. If you are falling asleep in a particular outfit to change the past, you have to find a way from your house to the place where you want to make your change.

shower thoughts.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/3 04:28:13 )
@Mousy: that would actuallybe insanely cool. I like that idea! it would make a cool movie or story or even a comic/manga!

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/3 04:36:54 )
@nyreen: It's all yours. However, if you get rich off of it, I ask that you remember the little people. XD

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/3 04:40:04 )
@Mousy: oh nooo, I'm good! I already have so many stories... I shouldn't even be scribbling magical girl concepts rn. XD I have like... 9 unfinished projects

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/3 04:47:57 )
@nyreen: XD it's good to have a brain break every now and then! you're just taking a break, and then you can tackle those 9 projects feeling refreshed!

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/3 04:49:41 )
@Mousy: but now it's gonna be 10 XD

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/3 04:52:15 )
@nyreen: shhhhhhh, shhhhhh..... XD
think positively!

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/3 04:53:40 )
@Mousy: truuuu, i got a lot of fun characters and stuff. o wo

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/3 06:46:57 )
@nyreen: now that my idea is down “on paper” my brain is sort of running with it. I need to get this stuff down! XD
Maybe I’ll just go with it and see where it takes me.
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/3 08:32:22 )
How interesting >.> I am currently writing a magical realism/sci fi novel, split into four sections. It's kind of complicated to explain. It's fun so far but I'm sure I'll get sick of all the research soon! XD

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/3 14:34:35 )
@Mousy: you gotta show me some of it when you can

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/3 14:37:47 )
@sunny: I know how you feel regarding research! I spent a lot of time researching for. my fantasy universe, and I still am. it has to be the most fleshed out world I've ever built.

I need to do the same for my scifi world. I haven't narrowed down how the first contact experience occurs, how the tech is powered, etc

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/3 14:41:13 )
@nyreen: it feels like the research never ends :o but I'm so glad we have the Internet now, I can't imagine trying to write a book before the Internet was invented :o

My story is set in 4 different time periods so I have 4 different types of research to do RIP

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/3 14:48:07 )
@sunny: oh my goodness, that sounds like a lot of work but sooooo fun and cool! what periods? is it the same character throughout?

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/3 19:18:12 )
@nyreen: It's a story about reincarnation so kinda the same character? It's about how the universe is metaphysically linked by numbers etc lmao it sounds silly now. The time periods are: prehistory (caveman), medieval England, present day England, and 24th Century.

Tell me about your stories :) what are your ideas for the first contact experience?

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/3 19:59:23 )
@sunny: wowww, that sounds SO cool! * A*

so my first contact idea rn is that humanity gets REALLY lucky. and the first aliens that they come across are not only super advanced in medicine, technology, etc but are also SUPER kind and welcoming. they even have their own sentient, full AIs that have become citizens of their own and were given their own planet to inhabit and grow on. it's just literally the most ideal situation.

but a year later humanity and their new companions come face to face with the brute force on another race, that isn't kind or welcoming but instead violent and looking to claim their new allies, and colonized planets, as their own since they destroyed their own homeworld with war, poverty and pollution. after some time this threat is defeated and the remaining of that race flee to dark space where they proceed to hide, living in what little space ships they have left. they end up becoming the junk rats of the galaxy and are often known to be hired mercenaries, assassins, thieves, do runs for the black market, etc etc.

i got a bunch of lore actually. i found some docs on my computer and now that i'm talking about this stuff i'm starting to remember what i've written weeee. i have a terrible memory. o wo

and yeeeah.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/3 20:05:52 )
@nyreen: that all sounds exciting! It sounds like you have a lot of it worked out already tbh. I really like the sound of the first aliens, the nice ones, since I tend to hope that if aliens are out there then they would be kind :) or at least benevolent. And I love the idea of them giving their AIs their own planet, that's quite unique ^.^

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/3 20:11:30 )
@sunny: yeah i've read so many scifis where the AIs become self aware and a war breaks out. instead there wasn't need for a resistance or fighting or anything. ofc there were still people who disagreed with the AIs being self aware but yeeeah. o wo
call me grem
they/them

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/3 20:34:41 )
@nyreen: yeah same but lots of writers ignore the fact that AIs are basically humanity's children and children don't usual destroy their parents xD I really like your idea :) I hope you manage to get more of it written soon.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.