Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Entertainment Your Top Ten Fantasy Films

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/19 20:10:59 )
What is your top ten fantasy films?

Mine:
10. Legend
09. The 10th Kingdom (it is a miniseries but I consider it a film.)
08. The Last Unicorn
07. Enchanted
06. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe
05. Spirited Away and most Ghibli Films
04. Willow
03. Harry Potter Franchise
02. Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit
01. Labyrinth

This thread was locked due to inactivity, if you wish to unlock your thread please issue a ticket. Instructions to unlock thread found here.

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/20 09:51:15 )
Labyrinth, as in the one with David Bowie?
That's one of my girlfriend's favorite movies.
She wore out like 6-7 video tapes of it as a kid apparently.
Along with Wizard of Oz and Beetlejuice
Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/21 15:52:02 )

In no particular order:

1. The Sea Prince and the Fire Child
2. The Fantastic Adventures of Unico
3. The Last Unicorn
4. The Labyrinth
5. Howl's Moving Castle
6. Frozen
7. Pebble and the Penguin
8.The Dark Crystal
9. Happily Ever After
10. Quest for Camelot

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/21 23:45:06 )
Rallaa:
Labyrinth, as in the one with David Bowie?
That's one of my girlfriend's favorite movies.
She wore out like 6-7 video tapes of it as a kid apparently.
Along with Wizard of Oz and Beetlejuice

All great films. And yes, David Bowie was Jareth the Goblin King.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/5 20:32:52 )
Oh! This is my new home. lol

1. Willow. Loved the story, loved the characters, and obsessed with Val Kilmer since the 80s thanks to this movie.

2. Red Sonja. She is AMAZING. When I was a kid I found this perfectly shaped stick that was thick enough and just the right length to be a "sword." I always pretended to be Red Sonja when I played outside. But one day my little brother took my "sword" and broke it into pieces for something he was doing outside. I was too embarrassed to tell him that was MY stick. lol! Soundtrack, amazing.

3. Conan the Destroyer. I know people like Barbarian better, but I saw Destroyer first cause it was tamer, so I just loved it first. Soundtrack, super amazing.

4. Conan the Barbarian. Obviously I am in love with Arnold Schwarzenegger. And the soundtrack is amazing. And it was actually cool to see this one AFTER Destroyer, because the other movie was all about his longing to have his love back, and this film shows you not only how she died, but how they met and fell in love. I mean, it's about a crazy snake cult, but it's still kinda romantic. lol

5. Fire and Ice. Incredible animation, incredible setting... And I just really, really love the villain. He's the ultimate spoiled mama's boy with unlimited powers...

6. Ladyhawke. It's just such a classic, tragic set-up: she is a hawk by day, and he is a wolf by night. Just beautiful.

7. Beastmaster. It's a little sad because I hate when animal characters are killed in the storyline, but wow, Marc Singer was gorgeous as Dar. Very creepy baddies in this film. Makes you wonder about the people who thought them up. Ew.

8. 단적비연수 (Legend of the Ginko). I don't think people liked this Korean film very much. It was a sequel (but not really) to Ginko Bed. I didn't see the first film and I don't think it's fantasy, but this "sequel" has the feel of something that might have actually happened in ancient times between warring clans, one fighting to protect a young girl and the other fighting to make her into a sacrifice.

9. The Black Cauldron. I haven't read the full book series but I like the animated film version Disney made. They really did capture the spirit of the setting and characters.

10. Merlin. A made-for-TV miniseries. I'm obsessed with Arthurian lore, and this series made Mordred into my favorite character in the histories. Loved the actor so much, when I saw this show in high school I did my senior thesis on Mordred. I wrote my whole term paper as a defense of his actions. Even though he's a "villain." lol

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.