Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Tapping into The Abyss

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/11 02:08:27 )

The water shot into the air from the small spout hidden with the marbled ceramic, creating a marvellous umbrella of liquid, that trickled and flowed down the various tiers and layers of the centrepiece, giving the area a classy and welcoming aura.

He, however, didn't notice this.

He was too wrapped up in his own affairs, even though he was sitting on the bench that was connected to the fountain.

He didn't even notice the people that walked by and looked over at him, their gazes lingering for longer than would be socially acceptable, meaning they were technically staring.

But he didn't notice. He was leaning forward some, his hands on his temples, as he muttered and mumbled to himself, as though talking to someone.

But nobody else was there.

"...stop staring at him." a female told the male she was with, as they walked past, and away from, him.

"If he's going to be crazy, then he deserves to be stared at." the male responded.

"Gerard!" the female snapped back in a whisper.

"They have medication for that." he retorted. "If he doesn't take it, then he suffers the consequences... mental, physical, AND social."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/11 02:24:28 )
I don't think I can ever heal,
Ever replace that hole your death tore in me.

"Ahh, so I assume if you were in his position, you'd be perfectly all right and chill with people staring at you, talking about you?" Another woman asked coolly as she stepped up to them.

"Because think about it. Whether he's crazy or not isn't your call. Whether he's been diagnosed with something to classify him as, as you put it, crazy," she brought her logn slender fingers up and make air quotations here, "That is not any of your business."

"Now, how about a more informative piece of information from him... with no assumptions filled in by you. Who is he, and what plagues him?" She voice was calm, cool, and inquisitive. They could tell she was inquiring out of concern for the one they had been talking about.

Feb 17/69 - November 07/16
I miss you more than you can ever know.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/11 02:48:36 )
The male, Gerard, jumped when the woman suddenly spoke to them.

"Ah!" he exclaimed.

"What? What's there to say? He speaks to invisible boogeymen and mumbles nonsense to himself." he told her... before the female smacked him upside the head.

"Hey! What the hell, Dianna!?" he exclaimed.

"Shush." Dianna said sternly.

"His name's Levi." she then told the woman. "He spends most of his time alone, though he does seem to have a friend. Just one, at least..." she went on.

"...that's real..." Gerard muttered, which net a glare from Dianna.

"Most of the time, he keeps to himself, seeming to be talking to... people... around him, when he's alone." she told the woman further.

"From what I've heard, he was clinically diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. He was given medication for it, but seeing as he still seems to suffer, it's been assumed that he doesn't take it." she added with a small sigh.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/11 02:54:38 )

She sighed lightly.

"You could stand to learn a lesson from your friend. She actually knows how to answer questions in an informative way." She stated before looking to Dianna.

"Don't assume that. It's always possible that they haven't found one that works for him yet." She stated coolly, calmly.

"So don't just assume something without knowing the details. I'd put money down that part of the problem is the animosity that some people here seem to have." She paused here, glancing to Gerard for the most fleeting second before looking back to Dianna.

"Where is this friend he has? I don't see anyone acting as a friend at the moment."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/11 03:16:52 )
Gerard looked ready to say something, but stopped and just looked off to the side.

"She's probably off getting something to drink for him." Dianna told her.

"Or she's still in class." she went on.

"They have quite different schedules, I believe." she added, before pausing.

"...aren't you Doctor Fyrane?" she then asked.

"I read you were scheduled to be a guest speaker here today." she commented.

This caused Gerard to rise to attention once more, and looked panicked.

"Yes, Gerard, you made an ass of yourself in front of one of your idols." Dianna told him.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/11 03:20:53 )

She just laughed lightly.

"Yes. Yes I am." She answered.

"To both comments. I'm doing a few things in a few different classes of different levels today, and yes I am The Fyrane you speak of." She added with a small shake of her head and a chuckle.

"And idols?" She asked.

"I must admit, I'm charmed, but ... you do realise that I am perfectly fair with picking on you because you proved to be... shall we say.... a brat." She then said, to put it lightly, all the while with a smirk on her face.

"You in a class I'm going to be in?" She then asked Gerard, her voice curious

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/11 03:46:25 )
Gerard froze for a moment when she asked her question, and Dianna chuckled.

"He is." she told her.

"D-Dianna...!" Gerard stammered.

"Advanced Practical Chemistry." Dianna told the woman.

"I believe that's.... two periods from now." she then added.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/11 03:50:12 )

"Oh! In Mr. Devro's class?" She asked with a light laugh.

"He's actually one of my previous professors." She then added.

"Anyhow! Gerard... do be wary. I may pick on you while in there." She stated with a smirk before waving and heading off toward the one in the middle, Levi.

She sat down next to him, completely beyond his realisation for the moment, and sighed as she held what looked to be nothing more than a tic-tac container in front of his face, and shook it.

"Here." She said simply.

'Have a mint."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/11 04:21:26 )
The boy seemed to not notice her at all. At least, not at first. He was bust muttering and mumbling to himself... but she could tell that he seemed to be having a conversation.

Or an argument. And not with himself.

However, when she rattled the container, and spoke to him, he suddenly jumped, clearly on edge.

"Huh!?" he exclaimed.

"O-oh..." he said, accepting the container and shaking out a couple of the contents within.

"Sorry..." he apologised.

"I forgot to brush my teeth this morning." he said quietly.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/11 04:24:49 )

"Never noticed that." Kiah commented as she leaned foward, her elbows on her knees.

"It's more that you seem like you could use some to .... have a bit of silence in your life for once." She added with a light shrug.

"If you're interested at all." She then said with a smirk, not knowing if she would be denied, but was reasonably sure he'd agree with that.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/11 04:48:51 )
Levi was silent for a moment, before he looked at Kiah.

"....mm?" he mumbled.

"These can... do that?" he asked.

She just smirked again, and with a light nod, she sold him. He took the two that he had in his hand, and downed them quickly, before pausing a moment.

He then leaned forward returning to his usual position, but was quiet now.

He remained like that for close to 3 and a half minutes, before she saw a very slight change in his eyes. They went from quivering and shaking, as well as shrunken pupils, to a moment of calming realization.

And she knew what that meant.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/11 04:50:37 )

"Feel better, Levi?" Kiah asked, her voice calm.

"Heard your name from a couple others." She then said before he could ask.

"Seriously though, feel better?" She asked, her voice serious, yet also inquisitive. It almost sounded like she honestly cared for him, and he wasn't sure why for now.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/11 05:12:01 )
Levi looked over towards her, and nodded.

"Y... yeah." he said.

"I do." he told her.

"The voices... they... they're quiet now." he told her further.

"But... but how?" he then asked her.

"How did... what... what ARE these?" he asked, looking at the container again.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/11 05:14:20 )

"Mana blockers." Was the blunt straight to the point answer that he was given.

"Keep them. Use them as necessary." She told him.

"I'm going to need some blood from you in order to make some that are catered specifically for you and your body though." She added.

"they'll be more effective in that event, as well."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/11 05:34:02 )
"....mana?" Levi asked.

"Mana as in... like... magic-mana?" he asked her further, before shaking his head.

"If you need blood, come on." he then told her.

"Let's go to the nurse's office." he said. "Should have all we need." he went on.

"...been poked and prodded and worse in the past. Losing a little blood is nothing." he then reasoned, as he stood up. "And if this can help me, then I'll give you all of my blood."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/11 22:13:29 )

"Uhhh, that would do more harm than good if I took all." Kiah commented with a light laugh.

"So I'll just take a little bit, enough for what I need, but nothing beyond that. " She assured him before getting ot her feet.

"Come on. Let's do what needs to be done. " she paused a moment before checking her phone.

"I've enough time before I'm due in class. So come on, let's get this on the road." She didn't address the 'magic-mana' comment from him, solely because she wasn't sure how to address that for the moment.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/11 22:41:48 )
As they started to walk, Levi was silent for a moment, seeming to be thinking about something.

"Class?" he asked.

"Are you... a professor here?" he asked her.

"Or... a student?" he asked further.

"You don't seem familiar to me... and I've pretty much seen all the people here." he commented.

"Yeah, I... kind of have a photographic memory." he then admitted.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/11 22:48:45 )

Kiah just laighed lightly before shaking her head.

"Oh no! I don't have the patience for that." She told him honestly.

"I'm a chemist. Kiah Fyrane. I'm here for some presentations to a few of the chemistry classes." She added after a second or two.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/11 23:04:24 )
"....oh!" Levi exclaimed.

"That's cool." he said, before wincing slightly.

"Nngh." he groaned.

"Now that they've shut up, I've realized something." he told her.

".....I have a headache." he mumbled.

"Guess I was usually... distracted... whenever I had one."
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/11 23:11:08 )

'Considering that the mints help, I'm not surprised you've noticed a headache." Kiah commented with a light sigh.

"Sadly, that I don't have anything for." She added with a chuckle.

"And I can understand that ... yeah, you're likely a bit distracted normally. It does make sense, after all."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.