Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Bug Reports Copy/Pasting issue

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/8 20:11:10 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

I assume it's a bug with this site as I don't have this issue on other sites or anywhere else that I type on my computer.

I know this is probably super low priority, but it's something I've noticed a few times.
of course when I hit "Paste" only the fragment shows up since it only acknowledges the fragment your mouse hovers rather than the
entire highlighted piece.

(So with these screen shots, even though I highlighted the entire post, when I right click- only the word "highlighted" got copied and when I click paste it only says "highlighted".

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/8 22:29:57 )
Hmmm, this is odd. I haven't encountered this issue and just tried clicking around myself -- things are copying for me just fine. But I'm also on PC and it looks like you might be on a Mac, not sure if that makes any difference. Does it happen every single time you try to copy+paste? Do hotkeys (cmd+c and cmd+v) work properly for you?

I'll bring it up in our dev chat to see if something in the code could be causing the issue.

please ping me if you need my attention! || stardust || be excellent to each other ♥
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/10 17:08:56 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

Vii:
Hmmm, this is odd. I haven't encountered this issue and just tried clicking around myself -- things are copying for me just fine. But I'm also on PC and it looks like you might be on a Mac, not sure if that makes any difference. Does it happen every single time you try to copy+paste? Do hotkeys (cmd+c and cmd+v) work properly for you?

I'll bring it up in our dev chat to see if something in the code could be causing the issue.

please ping me if you need my attention! || stardust || be excellent to each other ♥

It might be a mac thing, but it would be a mac thing that happens only on this site. :O I don't have the issue on my mobile phone so it makes sense.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.