Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat The pharmacy lady does not like me

Donator — They/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/9 17:32:54 )

I wonder if one of the reasons she has an attitude is cause you're picking up BC for your sister & the pharmacist is the type to judge ppl on that. Even tho bc is not always for bc. >.<

That or she's looking down on you because she's a bigot.

Voltie — Moody Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/9 17:35:25 )

Batsy Says. . .

@Zuzu: Even when i pick up mine she's unpleasant.
so I just pick mine up on weekends instead of weekdays now
since i figured out that loop hole.

Sunday someone else was there and was SUPER Nice which was great.

Donator — They/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/9 17:43:10 )

Thats good the lady doesnt work weekends so now you can avoid her. Tho maybe still complain to someone. She might be giving an attitude to others as well, even if she's pleasant to those you've seen her interact with.
(Avatar Closet)

Voltie — Moody Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/10 04:07:00 )

Batsy Says. . .

@Zuzu: Yeah I might. But idk the whole thing kinda just stressed me out.
But for now I am okay with just picking it up on sundays.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/11 04:33:33 )
@MoodyBats: sorry to here that, there are some in my town that don't like me either but that is because I went to school with them and they know that I don't like them.

Voltie — Moody Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/11 04:37:20 )

Batsy Says. . .

@Unicorn: For me i don't even get why she doesn't like me.
Every other person i get is nice to me.
so idk if that one woman just thinks i am stupid because i couldn't think of the world "refill."

But i think my sis talked to the same woman today over the phone.
She kinda acts as if she rather be somewhere else.
And the woman wouldn't really know it's my sister's because i've only seen her when i had to get my sister's prescription.

But i just avoid her now and go on weekends.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/11 06:58:48 )
@MoodyBats: well it is good that you go on the weekends when that lady aint working maybe that job isn't the right job for her.

Voltie — Moody Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/11 07:48:26 )

Batsy Says. . .

@Unicorn: Probably.
so for now just going on the weekends is the perfect way to avoid her.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/11 16:26:47 )
@MoodyBats: well that is good to hear, it is probably best anyhow.
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/14 18:50:24 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

My tactic with these sorts of people is to kill them with kindness. Put them in a position where they should reciprocate kindness.
"Your hair looks so lovely today by the way!" "My gosh, I love your earrings." I go out of my way to make it seem like I have
zero clue of their attitude/can't tell/not affected." Usually squashes any subliminal intimidating games/microaggressions. And sometimes for the positive in the sense they start to treat me /genuinely/ better.

I had this sort of thing happen with a a company I had to work side by side with at a previous job and it seemed they started to dread working with me because I had (politely but directly) corrected their errors. I could tell there was a misunderstanding of intent but it'd be too awkward/unsuccessful to be like 'Hey I could be wrong, but it seems you have a problem with me- could we talk about it'. Something like that for sure would make them feel worse towards me. So the best way to tackle it for me was to go out of my way to squash any preconceptions that I accidentally gave. And it worked! They even started requesting to work with me more after.

the scenario is different but I'm sure the overall tactic should bear some fruit.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.