Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Bringing Ragnarok

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/26 05:56:39 )
She laid there for about 30 seconds or so, before she received a text.

She barely had the energy to look at it, but when she did, she saw it was from Vito.

Hey, how are you doing? it read.

Things seem to be going nuts all over. You safe, at least? the next one asked.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/26 06:01:35 )
A man only sees what he wants to see
When he's in his mind, where he is, what he wants to be

She read it, before sighing and just letting her hand drop. She didn't have the energy, the strength, to reply to that text at the moment. She could barely keep herself conscious even.

Unbeknownst to her, there was someone standing over her. As her eyes closed, they just smirked.

"Lovely." the figure said, their off white cloak seeming to be moving on a breeze that wasn't there.

"You're faring too well though.... 3 weeks to get to this point, and just a nasty stomach bug you'll recover from? Fuck that." They continued as they withdrew an arrow from the quiver at their hip.

"How about we make that a lot quicker." They stated silkily before plunging the arrow into the womans chest, with it seeming to be absorbed into her.

Just as they heard footsteps.

"Adrian!?" The voice was worried, and the figure could understand it.

"You too" They said with a smirk as they took aim with the quiver, and another arrow. They took aim at the door, and as soon as he was at the door way, she let the arrow fly.
Living in a world where he's safe from reality
Won't you take a chance on this night and follow me?

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/26 06:20:40 )
Vito saw Adrian on the floor, and his eyes widened.

"Adrian!" he exclaimed, before starting to race towards her... only to pause for a moment, feeling a sort of breeze out of nowhere.

"...what...?" he mumbled.

"What was that?" he asked, before getting back to Adrian.

"Adrian!" he said, kneeling down.

"Adrian, say something!" he said further, checking her over.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/26 06:25:31 )

The figure smirked before pausing.

"Order mana..." They said quietly before smirking.

"Well, you are infected now. Something to attack mana, too." Was the last thing they said to the quiet air before vanishing from where they were standing, leaving something in the air.

It would attack anyone who stopped by. It was one of their favourite ways of leaving a little of themselves behind.

Meanwhile, Vito slapped Adrian across the face lightly, but with enough force to sting a bit, to get a reaction from her... but got nothing. She was barely breathing, and there was vomit, along with blood, in the porcelain that she'd obviously been holding before lying back.

And he wasn't feeling top of the line now, either. It wasn't so bad he couldn't shove it aside though, not when Adrian was in a bind like this.

Something had attacked her, but how had it gotten that bad, and what was it that was doing it? There was no way to guess, or know, either.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/26 06:43:55 )
".....shit." he cursed.

With that, he lifted her up in his arms, and disappeared from where they were, appearing in the special emergency wing of OLA, where physically ill patients were accepted.

"Someone help!" he exclaimed.

"I don't know how much time she has!" he said.

"Please! She needs treatment!"

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/26 06:47:17 )

He was met with silence, there was a lot there that people had to deal with, and it was understandable that he wouldn't be quickly accepted. It would take someone a minute, at least, to pull away.

Meanwhile, Adrian weakly laid a hand against his chest, as she couldn't reach up to his face.

"Th-thanks... Mene..." She managed to get out, sounding about as bad as she looked. It was just after she'd said that, that someone approached. Someone they both knew.

"Come on, Vito." She said, her voice firm.

"Let's see if we can save Adrians life, at least." She added, a certain emphasis on her name before leading him off into the hospital, deeper within the building. She couldn't help but think that bringing her here was just going to sentence her, but she had to try.

She didn't have the supplies back home.

She couldn't leave, either.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/26 07:02:41 )
Vito followed the woman, and looked at Adrian as she said what she did, and laid a hand on his chest.

"....Adrian..." he said quietly.

"Please... please hang on." he told her.

"We'll do all we can to help you." he went on. As he looked at her... saw how frail she looked... heard how weak she sounded... he couldn't help but feel a lump in his throat.

He wondered if the unthinkable would happen.

He didn't even seem to care that he was starting to feel worse right now. Adrian was all that mattered.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/26 07:06:25 )

"I really should admit both of you. " She said after a moment, as he laid Adrian on the bed.

"Because you're looking like you might be burning up too." She added before stepping up and laying what felt like an ice cold hand against his forehead.

"Yeahhhh, you too." She said with a sigh.

"For now, do you know anything that could help me save Adrian's life?" She asked, realising that the part-lantha was the critical one.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/26 07:19:10 )
Vito was silent as she said what she said, and did what she did.

"Alice, I'm f-" he started to say, before sighing.

"Okay, I'm NOT fine." he then muttered.

"But Adrian's in worse condition." he went on, describing the scene in the bathroom that he had happened upon.

"I think I remember her saying that her parents would give her a mixture of ginger root powder, beast berry extract, and gum root water whenever she was sick to her stomach like this." he told her.

"Well... maybe not THIS bad, but still." he muttered.

The mixture he mentioned was more a folk remedy for the lanthan race, but it was based in fact and medicine, and it had worked wonders for Adrian in the past.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/26 17:04:05 )

"I'll try that." She then said.

"But for now, you need to sit your ass down, Vito." She added, a sternness to her voice.

"Seriously. You look like hell yourself. Sit down so you can at least not stress your body out more than you need to." She said.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/27 01:30:57 )
Vito was about to argue, but his intelligence took over for a moment, and he sat down.

"Right." he said.

"........" he was then silent, and looked at Adrian.

'Please don't go.' he thought.

'Don't leave... me.'

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/27 01:49:25 )

She did all she could to save the woman, and tended to Vito as well. Adrien was, after a bit, finally pulled out of the critical sate she'd been in before, thanks to Vito's mix suggestion.

While they were there, Sammy was out for a run. She needed to clear her head, and get a breath of fresh air. She realised that shit was going sour, a lot, and knew that she needed to maintain a calm and cool head.

So she was running.

Alone, of course.

As she ran through the trees though, she felt herself run through something. It caused her to lose focus and trip over a branch on the ground. She hit the leaf littered ground hard enough, but didn't realize it as she was getting to her feet a few seconds later.

That .... whatever... that she'd run through, it had killed her.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/27 04:09:45 )
As she looked around, she saw that nothing was there.

Nobody was around.

She was alone. Or at least, it seemed to be.

"........" the figure was silent, as he watched Sammy get to her feet.

"...intriguing." he said.

"I must admit, that is a new one." he commented.

"Spawn of the phoenix, perhaps...?" he then wondered further, as Sammy seemed to feel a cold piercing gaze on her now.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/27 04:20:48 )

"The hell...?" She asked as she looked around and found no one there, nothing there. All she saw were the trees and leaves around her.

"What...." She started before sighing and reaching a hand out toward where he was, not knowing he was there. She couldn't see him, but she felt the cold air of death as her hand passed through. Could see the death spread up her arm as she pulled it back.

as she collapsed, and died, she was able to see an echo of something, or someone?, that was there around her. When she revived, there was nothing.

". . . Who's here?!" She called out, demanding an answer by this point.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/27 04:44:36 )
She received silence at first.

However, she felt a cold presence near her... as though right up beside her.

"...it's me." a voice whispered in her ear.

"Your frail, frail mortality." it said further.

Then, before she could answer, she felt the death in her neck this time, which caused her to collapse to the ground, again... and then get up. Again.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/27 04:47:25 )

She was getting irritated, but also a bit disoriented from the constant deaths here.

". . . . Great." She muttered with a groan.

"Whoi are you. I know you aren't those I usually know." She then stated as she crossed her arms beneath her breasts.

"Then again, I do realize that you likely will give me some smart ass answer without answering me." She added.

"Look. You tell me who you are, and I'll tell you who I am. And why you're probably quite fascinated by me, if I were to hazard a guess."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/27 04:56:52 )
"WHO am I?" she heard.

"I suppose that is correct." the voice said. "Though, also, WHAT am I works as well." it went on. "Or who WAS I?" it continued.

"A riddle wrapped in an enigma, one could say." it continued.

"Oh, and those you usually know?" it then asked. "Seems the reapers here are soft. Shouldn't be surprised." it spat.

"And I'm willing to bet you're the spawn of the phoenix." it then added.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/27 05:05:42 )

"You're still not telling me who, or as you said, what, you are." She stated, impatience in her tone.

"So whatever. SEe ya." She added before heading off. After a few paces she started to run again, picking up speed as she normally did. She had a feeling that she wouldn't be able to get away from whomever that was, even if she were to honestly try.

There was something about her thinking she knew exactly who, or what, he was, and what he symbolised, but ... she didn't want to assume, of course.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/27 05:24:04 )
"You can't run from me." she heard as she ran.

"No matter how much you try to stave me off, you can't avoid me." it said.

"It's pathetic." it went on.

"But you want to know who I am?" it then asked.

"Very well." it said.

She then suddenly stopped, and she felt like someone was holding onto her very heart. And she felt extremely fragile and frail at that moment.

"Tell me... how do you feel?" the voice asked her.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/27 05:26:34 )

She stopped, and managed to, somehow, keep her face free of the pain that was coursing through her, free from the fear that she felt as well.

"I feel like you're avoiding answering me directly." She stated.

"But fine. So you can't answer directly because you're just a little shit? I dunno. How about you correct me." She then said. One thing she'd never learned, and it was largely because she had her fathers reviving tendency, and her uncles ability to fight.

To say she had a bit of a streak of cockiness... well that would be quite an understatement all in all.
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.