Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Bringing Ragnarok

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/23 04:29:48 )
The destruction was immense.

The damage incalculable.

But it was something that the robed duo were used to. Whether that was a good thing or a bad thing was up to interpretation, but that was beside the point.

It seemed that two buses had collided with each other... one of them a packed city bus, the other a pretty full school bus. And there were very little survivors, as the initial impact was... explosive.

The two of them stood up on a small 2-story building, when the male took his scythe, and slammed it down on the roof, causing a shockwave that caused all those that were panicking to stop and look at them.

"You will now be taken to judgement!" he declared.

"Adults, come to me! Children, go to her!" he then ordered them, gesturing to the female beside him, before he started to slowly float down towards the ground.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/23 04:37:20 )
A man only sees what he wants to see
When he's in his mind, where he is, what he wants to be

She was silent before sighing. That could have been a bit nicer, less forceful. There were plenty of children, after all.

She didn't say anything though, before stepping off of the edge and making her way to the ground as well. She looked over to the one she was with before nodding and heading off a bit away. She was making her way into the crowd, into throng of children that were by the bus still.

As they werre doing their thing, they both felt it.

They both felt the reason for this.

The mana upset on the planet.

She looked over toward him, something akin to shock in her features. There was no way for her to know what it was.

But he knew.
Living in a world where he's safe from reality
Won't you take a chance on this night and follow me?

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/23 05:03:22 )
The male had a different look in his eyes.

He wasn't so much shocked, but shock was there. He looked more... horrified. Almost panicked. He then shook his head a bit, and looked at the adults before him.

"Close your eyes!" he commanded.

"You will all feel your stomachs knot. When they stop, open your eyes. And then form a single line in front of the man at the desk with a computer!" he told them further.

"Any and all families will be reunited in the lineup!" he added.

We need to get this done quickly.' he then sent mentally to his female partner.

'And then we need to go see Vincent. STAT.' he finished, before raising his arms and causing all the adults to disappear into thin air one at a time.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/23 05:32:30 )

The redhead he was with nodded before doing waht she could with the children. She had to make sure they weren't aware of the almost panic that was going through her partner at the moment.

---

She was sitting on the front step of the courthouse, wondering what was going to come next. She was there particularly early, and no one else was really arounda t the moment, so she wasn't in anyones way thankfully.

As she was there, there was a kickup in the wind. She felt something hit her, but had no idea what it was. All she knew, was that it wasn't pleasant, and it caused her to cough - a lot. Almost enough she coudln't breathe after, but that faded with time.

"At least I'm here early... but I really hope that wasn't anything hazardous." she muttered as she looked around, wodnering what it was that she'd ended up inhaling.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/23 05:52:19 )
As she looked around, she saw nothing out of the ordinary.

At least, not at first.

Soon, she saw that there were arguments starting to happen on the streets. People were bumping into each other, which resulted in heated arguments, which then devolved into actual fistfights.

However, she then noticed that the traffic lights were on the blink, and that multiple crashes were occurring... but what was even more worrisome was that even the most injured of the victims were getting out of the vehicles and starting street brawls with other drivers.

It looked like complete and utter chaos.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/23 05:55:23 )

"The hell...?" She wondered as she dug her cell out of her pocket and dialed the number of one person that would hear her out.

Her uncle, Lindsay.

"Yo, it's Adrian. Sorry if I interrupted your morning work out, but some weird shit is happening, and I thought you might be the best to mention it to." She started with once he'd answered. After he gave her the go ahead, she launched into the explanation of what she was witnessing, in between some coughs of course.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/23 06:12:21 )
"........" Lindsay was silent as he heard what she said.

"That... that DOES sound alarming." he admitted.

"But... it sounds... I don't know, vaguely familiar? But I can't place it, for the life of me." he muttered.

"Regardless, try not to get involved." he told her. "It sounds like things are very volatile there, and I don't want you getting hurt." he reasoned.

"Are you all right?" he then asked.

"You didn't get caught up in any of that, did you?"

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/23 06:16:05 )

Adrian shook her head, even though hec ouldn't see it.

'No, I'm on the courthouse steps." She answered.

"that's all on the roads, as the closest it seems they are to me." She paused a moment.

"Although I might skip court today... because of this. This is frikken insane." She sighed lightly.

"You be careful, hey? Don't know how far this reaches. Could be something in the air here."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/23 06:36:00 )
"Could be a mage attack of sorts." Lindsay responded.

"Just be careful." he said.

"Try and avoid conflict, and possibly stay inside." he went on.

"If things start to get dicey, call me. I'll make my way there." he then told her further.

"In the meantime, I'll check to see if this is happening elsewhere in the city."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/23 06:38:18 )

"Let's keep each other informed, as to what we find. Because I'm checking online." Adrian said before sighing as she got to her feet. She was going to make her way into her car

She paused though and looked out toward the throng of people again, wondering what it was that was going on. She looked toward the parking lot that was close to where everything was going apeshit, and honestly considered if it was a good idea. In the end, she figured that she should be all right to get there.

"I'll talk to you later" She then said before hanging up and running to her car

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/23 07:01:59 )
Lindsay hung up the phone, and sighed deeply.

"Oh, dear." he said.

"Normally I would suspect Vanessa... but she's been dead for a while, now." he muttered.

"But WHERE have I heard of something like this happening before!?" he then asked himself, growing irritated that he couldn't remember it.

Meanwhile, as Adrian ran towards her car, she was almost struck by someone driving a motorized scooter. They had been going faster than they should have been, ended up swerving, and falling over... to which they then stood up.

"Hey!" they called to Adrian.

"The hell you think you're doing, just running about like that!?" they exclaimed angrily.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/23 20:08:43 )

Adrian was silent as she got to her feet. That had hurt, and she may not be in the best shapes from it, now.

"I was merely makign my way to the fucking car." She snapped before she could stop herself.

"You're the one that came tearing through here. This is a fucking parking lot, dammit." She snarled.

"How about some decency when you're out in about? That's more than you can do, I'm sure."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/23 20:47:16 )
The one that had almost run her over now took off their helmet, and threw it to the side.

"All right!" they exclaimed.

"That's IT!" they said.

"Seems like you're one of those types that just don't learn!" they went on as they started to walk towards her, rolling their sleeves up.

"I'll make SURE you learn." they then threatened.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/23 20:50:25 )

'That's the pot calling the kettle black, of course." Adrian commented calming as she dug her phone out of her pocket.

Yo. Little snafu. Might have a busted rib or two. Hi. She sent to ... well, she intended it to be Lindsay, but for all she knew, she'd sent it to someone else.

Of course, she'd likely find out quick.... although when her phone was smacked out of her hands, she watched it shatter on the pavement.

"Ugh. Great. You owe me money for that, now." She added

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/23 21:12:25 )
Just as she finished saying that, the person grabbed her by her collar.

"And YOU owe me money for my damaged 'cycle!" he responded.

"A substantially larger amount." he growled.

"However... I'm in a more... 'retribution over restitution' mood." he then said further, as his other hand balled into a fist.

"So let's get started." he finished.

With that, he pulled his arm back, and brought it forward quickly, aiming a hard punch right at her gut.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/23 21:15:52 )

Adrian felt the impact and fell to her knees.

She wasn't a fighter, despite her father trying to train her... she just... she wasn't a fighter.

That didn't mean she didn't know how to though...

The next thing that her attacker knew, her foot had hit him in the torso, and he was flying back after swearing he felt at least one rib break, and possibly feeling a ruptured spleen.

"Try again, you fucking asshole." Adrian snarled.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/23 21:37:16 )
He landed in a heap, and groaned in pain as he felt the pain in his torso.

"Nnngh..." he grunted, before shifting a bit.

He then got to his feet, pulled out a handgun, and pointed it at her.

"Screw it." he said.

"I'm too mad to care about anything besides getting you out of my face." he told her.

"I don't care HOW strong you are, you can't survive a bullet!" he finished.

Then, several things happened in rapid succession. The first thing that happened, was that the one that she sent her text to appeared close to her. The man then squeezed the trigger of the gun. At that point, the one that had just appeared flicked their finger, and swirling sand seemed to immediately fill the barrel of the gun. This, of course, jammed the weapon, causing it to essentially explode in the man's hand, causing burns and lacerations, which caused him to yell out in pain as he dropped the gun and grabbed his wrist.

"Seems I got here JUST in time." Vito commented.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/23 21:43:15 )

As everything happened, Adrian was ready to do anything and everything to ensure her own survival. It took her a few seconds before she realized that she didn't need to fight any longer.

"I..." she started before shaking her head.

"Don't touch me." she warned.

". . . I got caught up in ... this mess." She was choosing her words carefully. Seemed that she was finding herself able to actually do so now that there wasn't an immediate flame to fan.

Not like their had been previously.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/23 22:09:55 )
"......." Vito was silent as Adrian said what she did.

"Adrian?" he addressed her, concern in his tone.

"Are you all right?" he asked.

"You think you need to get to OLA?" he then asked, looking around.

"Geez... this place is a disaster." he then commented.

"You need any help or anything?"
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/23 22:11:49 )

"Going there would be the worst fucking thing that could happen right now. They'll be swarmed as is, and having to deal with people getting all up in arms over little shit." Adrian answered after a few seconds.

"I'm just... I'm going home." She told him.

"Where there is no one else. Going to lock my doors and stay in there." She paused to cough before sighing.

"At least maybe whatever this is can fade. My temper has an extremely itchy trigger finger at the moment.'
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.