Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Utterly Irritated

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/15 22:01:51 )
So, this morning before I had to go into work, I took my dog out, like I normally do. My next door neighbors dog was out also. She had a leash on but my neighbor wasn't holding the leash. So, my next door neighbors dog came charging at my dog and picked him up by it's teeth and started throwing him around like a rag doll. (My dog is only 10 pounds and is the sweetest dog you could meet, he wouldn't even hurt a fly. My neighbors dog on the other hand is 60-80 pounds and is a raging piece of ****)
My dog, Roscoe, has been severely hurt and have very bad bite marks where he's been bleeding for hours.
This is not the first time this has happened. This is the third time. And this morning, my neighbor didn't even say sorry or anything that his dog came on my property and attacked my dog or anything.
So, during the day, I had my parents monitor my dog while I was at work, cause I wasn't allowed to call off or anything for my job.
Once I finally got home, I decided to call the police to see what I can do about this. I talked to them and they said they can't do anything about it because it was a dog on dog fight. And the dog didn't hurt a human. But, this has been the third time that it has happened and the dog can hurt little children and other small dogs in the neighborhood cause my neighbors are careless about the dog and sometimes lets it run loose around the neighborhood.
The police said that if this happens again, call them. But, I do not want there to be a fourth time or anything cause I do not want my dog getting hurt by a viscous dog again.
And yes, there are laws in the state where I live about viscous dogs.
Like this makes me so livid. I hate I can't even take out my dog to even go do his business for even 5 minutes. This is complete bull.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/15 22:51:26 )

I am sorry to hear about that. And it seems the police is just to lazy to do anything about it. The they can't do anything about sound BS to me. Are you the type of person that can be mean? Because I would definitly have a firm talk with owner. Or maybe a friend who can do it for you?

I know what my dad would do. He could kick that dog a couple times and tell the owner if it happens again the dog's dead

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/15 23:03:59 )
The police probably won't do much, but you may be able to get animal control involved. Unbelievable the lack of respect and consideration some have towards others. Your neighbour definitely shouldn't have a dog. It's somewhat ridiculous but you might take a sprayer full of water with you when you take your dog outside. Most dogs hate getting sprayed in the face so it might deter the bully from attacking.

please ping me if you need my attention! || stardust || be excellent to each other ♥
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/15 23:37:03 )
I would never personally recommend any sort of foul play, but it would be a shame if someone gave their dog a new home while it was being unsupervised.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/16 03:15:55 )
@Zuggy: Did you need to take your dog to the vet? Dog owners are financially responsible for damages their dog causes.
Ask them to pay the bill. If they refuse, contact someone in animal law, and you could take the neighbor to small claims court.
Hitting them in their wallet should make them pay attention, and not let their mutt run amok.
Just get some picture evidence of your dog's injuries, vet statements, and get your facts straight on the event. Time, date, where it happened, what the owner was doing, how they reacted to the fight, etc.

Either way, it's an aggressive dog. Animal control can probably do *something* about it.
If it's done this in the past, you really should have called them back then too.
Since this is a third offense for it, they might have had it put down, but idk if this would be the first time calling them about it.
Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/16 05:13:25 )
@Zuggy: I hope that your dog heals and stops bleeding, I think I sent you a message elsewhere?
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Voltie — they/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/16 17:26:16 )
Get one or both of your parents and have a talk with the owner. If animal control is an option there, definitely call them. Otherwise I really dont know. Its not really the dog's fault the owner can't handle them, so i wouldnt recommend hurting the dog. Maybe call animal control when the dog is roaming around?
tumblr.
literally always ping me

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/31 22:23:30 )
Someone misinformed you. You can DEFINETLY do something about your dog being attacked. It doesn't have to be just a thread to a human.
That's absurd.

Here: https://realestate.findlaw.com/neighbors/neighbors-animals-creating-problem.html

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/31 22:24:04 )
(*Thread* Forgive the typo, can't seem to find a edit post function.)

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/31 22:24:21 )
Wow. *THREAT* Third times the charm I guess, sorry for the spam.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.