Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Of Rosaries and Vampires

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/13 21:55:08 )
Max looked around as well, and nodded.

"Yes." he said.

"I suppose we should." he agreed.

"Do you need a ride home?" he asked her.

"I brought my car with me, so it'd be nothing to give you a life." he told her further.

"Unless you're getting back by, ah, other means." he then added with a small smile.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/13 22:03:21 )
A man only sees what he wants to see
When he's in his mind, where he is, what he wants to be

Desiree just chuckled.

'I'd gladly accept a ride." She answered.

"Thank you." She added as they got to their feet to head off. On the wya out though, Desiree paused and looked around, something akin to paranoia on her face for a split second.

.... they aren't here... are they? She wondered, panic in her mental voice.

She'd felt someone's eyes on her.

---

Deisree dove behind a half demolished wall and continued running. She'd found herself, somehow, stuck in an abandoned warehouse. It was in such a state of disrepair that she was trapped, and lost. She had managed to get into the basement somehow, and had quickly lost the door.

And whom she hated to admit was there.... was there. .... chasing her.

She pressed a button on her headset, and said a quiet name as she ran.

"Sydney! I'm in trouble." She managed to get out, her voice panicked and winded.

"Deryck found me." She then said before giving the address between laboured breaths. Sydney, of course, agreed and was currently stepping into a portal. She'd gotten what she needed, and had Desiree staying on the line just so tha tshe could get some more immediate help if need be.

"Someone will be there within a minute, I promise." she assured the magician as she knocked on the door of the person she was looking for.
Living in a world where he's safe from reality
Won't you take a chance on this night and follow me?

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/14 02:37:40 )
After about 30 seconds, the door was opened, revealing the one she was seeking.

"Oh!" Max exclaimed.

"Sydney, I didn't expect to see you he-" he started to say, before he noticed her expression.

"Right." he then said, his expression serious.

"Where and when?" he asked her.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/14 02:39:19 )

Sydney, who was still on the phone, met Max's gaze before sighing and giving him the information. She gave him the address that Desiree had given her, and stressed that it was something that had to happen ten minutes ago.

"I really think she's in serious danger." She told him before stepping past him and into the house. Once in, and out of possible view of any passerbys, she threw a portal onto the wall.

"That'll take you to the building. It'll be outside, because I don't know where anyone is inside." She added

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/14 02:55:44 )
Max just nodded.

"Right." he said.

With that, he jumped through the portal, ready to help his daughter.

Meanwhile, inside, Desiree heard her mother's voice echoing around her.

"Nowhere to run NOW, you little error!" she screamed.

Desiree had known that Deryck was here, but she hadn't heard him ever since she went into the basement. Instead, her mother was after her as well now.

"Here's where it all ends!"

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/14 03:19:35 )

Desiree was panicking internally.

No! Not both of them... she screamed mentally. She couldn't handle both. She knew one was enough of a task, a challenge, but both? both was nigh on impossible for her to deal with.

"Nonononononono she thought as she tried to sink into the shadows that she'd found in a closet.

She had to try. It was all she could try.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/14 03:35:18 )
As she sank into the shadows of the closet she was hiding in, she heard her mothers footsteps.

They were getting closer. And closer.

To the point where she could FEEL her mothers presence just outside the door. Her mother had stopped there, but why? Did she know where she was hiding?

"Come out, come out wherever you arrrrre..." she said in a sing-song tone.

"Momma's got a little something foooooor yooooou..." she added, as Desiree heard the footsteps start to walk again, seeming to fade away.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/14 03:38:09 )

Desiree felt her blood run cold, and was finding it harder to properly breathe. She was panicking, far too much, and it was past the adrenaline.

It was far past giving her the adrenaline to keep going.

She was terrified of those that were considered family, those that she shared her blood well - well, 2/3 of them - and it wasn't unknown.

No.... please stay away... I don't want anything to do with you Mother... i left so you wouldn't have to deal wit hme... She thought, tears in her mental voice as she just stayed where she was. She didn't know if she could get to her feet and move anywhere for the moment, anyway.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/14 03:53:44 )
As she finished her thought, there was silence.

Sheer silence. She could hear nothing around her, the darkness seeming to combine with the lack of sound, and swallow her into a vast sea of oblivion...

...until the door to the closet was forced open, and her mother stood before her.

"Heh. Heh." she chuckled.

"You always DID like to hide in closets. Even as a little girl." she commented darkly.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/14 03:57:46 )

"Get... the fuck... AWAY FROM ME!" Desiree screamed, far more force to her voice than anyone could have predicted she'd have, and it was loud enough that Max could hear it (considering he was a lycan). Mere seconds later, her mother was blasted back by a strong pulse of wind. She hit the wall, and hit it hard. Desiree scrambled to her feet, glanced at her mother, and once she saw the woman was dazed, if not more, Desiree bolted out of the room.

She had to get out of there, she knew that.

She knew she had to get away from the pair of them.

It was a question of finding her way out though. This place was huge, larger than it looked from the outside.

And she was thoroughly lost.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/14 04:40:30 )
She continued to run, winding this way and that, but she was lost.

And she knew she was lost when she kept seeing the same 'landmarks' again and again. Which didn't help her calm down. At all. To say the least.

Her being lost ended up costing her, too. For when she turned another corner, she literally ran right into her mother, who grabbed her by her neck.

"...miserable little whelp." she hissed.

"How dare you continue to exist?" she asked, slamming Desiree up against a nearby wall.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/14 04:42:39 )

Desiree hit the wall with enough force to cause the expensive headset she had to clatter to the floor, and away. Claire then kicked it farther, and hard.

"You should be dead." She snarled, as Desiree's hands came up and tried to get her mothers hand off of her throat.

Sadly, that blow wasn't helping. She just didn't have the strenght for it for the moment.

No... I can't die like this! she thought, mere moments before there was an extreme expulsion of air around her. It cut her mother up a fair bit, but the woman stood strong, held onto Desiree surprisingly well.

Seemed she'd expected it this time.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/14 04:52:56 )
"That won't work THIS time." the woman hissed.

"You can't save yourself. And THAT MAN isn't here to help you." she then said, anger in her tone... moments before a larger hand grasped her wrist... and squeezed it so hard that she was forced to let go of Desiree.

"You mean ME?" Max asked darkly, before throwing Claire to the side, almost effortlessly.

"I daresay I AM here to help her." he commented.

"And I'm going to make sure that I finally do something RIGHT in my life."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/14 04:54:25 )

'M... Max..." Desiree managed to get out as she sank to the floor. She needed to regain her breath, and her head was spinning.

"You bastard! The hell are you doing coming to a MAGE's defence!?" Claire screemed as she got to her feet.

"You're a hunter! DAmmit!"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/14 05:12:52 )
"I am." Max replied.

"But not the hunter you WANT me to be." he told her.

"What I had been doing for so long was wrong." he said. "And the Lord punished me by giving me a child that was a mage." he went on.

"Not that a mage child is a punishment." he quickly clarified. "However, it forced me to see that what I had been doing all this time was killing those that, often, didn't deserve it. And I broke up families." he growled.

"So, I decided that the best thing to do would be to run away, and try and make it so that I was no longer a part of Desiree's life. I didn't deserve such a wonderful daughter, and she deserved better than me." he went on, before some faint streams of light illuminated his golden eyes.

"That thinking was wrong. I was being a coward. And I was further punished for it." he then told his ex-wife. "But now it's time I finally start to make things right, and show you what a coward can become." he finished.

With that, he seemed to concentrate a little, and his muscles bulged out noticeably. His hair grew longer, into fur, and his teeth sharpened up considerably. It wasn't a full transformation, but it was one that heightened his senses and strength.

"It's time I stopped running away from the past, and BURY it."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/14 05:16:08 )

Claire let out a shriek of pure fear. She knew of everything that was in the mage world, she'd been married to a mana hunter after all, but that didn't mean she was used to it.

"Fuck you Max." She snarled before turning and heading toward Desiree while he was changing.

Just as he finished, and said what he did, she reached the downed magician. She kicked her, hard, before she felt Max grab her by the back of the neck.

"You're not going anywhere, Claire." Max snarled.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/14 05:29:28 )
Claire felt herself lifted off the floor... effortlessly.

"This ends tonight." Max told her.

"You have been terrorizing Desiree for far too long." he said.

"And now... it's time you finally get the consequences that are coming towards you." he then finished, before his grip around her neck tightened.

With that, he whirled her around, and slammed her face against the wall.

Hard.

And then he did it again. And again. He did it about 2 more times, before he threw her into a pile of boxes that had been filled with heavy dense objects.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/14 05:33:30 )

Claire didn't move after being thrown into the boxes. Whether she was even alive or not... that was something that couldn't be easily identified. As he made his way over to check, he found that she was still breathing, just unconscious. It was a question of what he was going to do next though.

Would he finish her off? Or deal with Desiree and leave her be?

It'd be easy to finish her off, and it wasn't hard to guess that Desiree would need help getting out of there, as well.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/14 05:59:33 )
".............." Max was silent as he found himself with Claire's life in his hands.

"....if I kill you... I would be considered a monster. Perhaps even by my own daughter." he said.

"However... if I let you live, knowing that you will just continue to make Desiree's life a living hell... then I truly AM a monster." he then reasoned.

"As a parent, this decision hurts me. But it must be done." he then finished, before slamming his fist right down on Claire's throat, collapsing it and cementing her death.

He then stepped away from her, made his way to Desiree's headphones, picked them up, and then made his way back to where his daughter was.

"....forgive your father his sins..." he whispered as he got close, and knelt down to check on her
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/14 06:01:50 )

Desiree was conscious, barely. He could see a bit of blood in her hair, but that wasn't too surprising. He'd seen Claire slam her against the wall. The impact likely split her scalp, which was not a concern. It would hurt, surely, but it wasn't life threatening. A busted skull, that would be, however.

Although he quickly felt the area and was able to tell that it wasn't broken. At the very least, it was just a split.

"Thanks." She said as she accepted the headset. She didn't meet his gaze though as she slid them back onto her head.

It wasn't because she was ashamed or afraid of him. More it was because after all that, she was dead tired.
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.