Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Feedback Event feedback (Summer 2018)

Donator — nyan? Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/30 09:57:39 )
neko says;
Honestly I really like the items, the header, the sandcastle contest. I like basically everything about it.

Except for one thing: The RIG (Random Item Generator) way of achieving the event items.
I liked in the past how event items were in the event shop.
I understand that the RIG system was recently developed and you probably wanted to use it again, but it's really quite frustrating getting the same items after flushing 100 seashells down the drain, especially for lurkers who are already having to post a lot more than usual just to get items. (Which I'm not complaining about having to post, realize that please. :3)

My suggestion is possibly making one rig option as opposed to as many as there are now. It costs say 25 currency. It has a very high chance of dropping the cheaper items, and a rarer chance of the higher ones. Because if I'm going to drop 100 of a currency, I want to be able to choose what I get. Then leave the shop and make everything else purchasable like past events.

I'm sorry if this offends anyone!

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/30 10:35:06 )
@Neko: I agree. It can be hard to earn shells if the site is quiet, as well.
Then to get 3555664567 pairs of arm floaties for all your hard work is maddening. XDD;;

I hope we at least have the chance to purchase our missing items later on, either after the event ends or toward the tail end of it. :3

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/30 11:10:25 )

I agree. There is also no reason why some event items should be rare. I mean they are just event items.

Donator — Lucifer Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/30 11:10:51 )
@neko: passing this on because I agree with a lot of it

Donator — nyan? Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/30 11:12:11 )
neko says;
@vengeance: I agree with this as well. Isn't the whole point of event items that they are readily available and they will be considered rare later because you could only get them when the event was occurring?

@Lucan: I'm having an extremely hard time getting the event items. I have three. Two of those items I have received more than once after doing the 100 seashell option. You shouldn't receive doubles of anything until after you complete the set.

Donator — Lucifer Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/30 11:12:39 )
^^^^ I agree with that too, i'll pass this on
relocated to Death c:

Donator — nyan? Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/30 11:13:23 )
neko says;
@Lucan: Thank you so much~ Greatly appreciated.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/30 11:17:11 )

@Neko: Yes. They could always become rare later on. On my old home it took me 2 years to get an event item I was after. Either not many people had it or many people did but they all left.

Admin — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/30 14:18:00 )
Hey Everyone, thanks for your feedback! We're always trying to be innovative - to come up with fun new ways to keep you all active and interested in Voltra and the events. As we test out our ideas and learn from your feedback I hope you enjoy our events to their fullest potential!
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Donator — penguin Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/30 16:16:11 )
I agree with the OP as well. I also don't like getting Volts from the event. I want the event items not Volts and the amount of Volts we get is pretty low.

Voltie — He/Him/His Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/1 03:10:16 )
I'm 100% agreeing with this one. Thumbs up!
There is something haunting in the light of the moon;
It has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery.

Donator — nyan? Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/3 01:13:48 )
neko says;
Yeah, I'm giving up. I've spent so many seashells trying to get these two items and it seems like it's impossible. Nope. I'm done.

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/4 00:42:11 )
I haven't had a hard time getting shells so I can't comment about that.
But I do feel like the random chances were weighted well at least.
I've mostly played the 100 shell, and I almost never got the lower tier items as prizes.
I'm glad for that at least, because it seems it's rarer for people to get something like a duck floatie for spending 100 shells. (Though it may still be possible, idk) ((Edit: It's totally possible. Just happened to me. <_> ))

Maybe being able to just straight up buy them from an event shop would be better. I wasn't around for past events where that was the case, so I can't compare.

I also wanted to say that Vreg's Treasure Hunt thread is so much more fun than Vyc's Volleyball thread.
I participated in the volleyball thread, but it was not that fun for me. I just did it for participation items, and it was more of an annoyance than enjoyable.
Vreg's thread though has been fun to problem solve together with my other Volties.
Also Vreg is adorable. Can we have more of him?

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/4 00:58:08 )
I agree, I'm not a fan of rigs at all D:
also I like having even sets.

Voltie — He/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/4 02:26:46 )
I agree, it's summer and I'm a mom of two and it's a bit hard to get on all the time. Plus I noticed that most are just tying to buy event sets in the Exchange and there is like hardly no one selling any. Unlike the Alice event were you could get items from playing a game for that day. And if you didn't you could get it in the store.
But yeah I agree with putting the items in the shop so we can have a better chance to actually GET the items.
Back from the land of anime

Donator — He Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/4 03:57:43 )
I am actually okay with the rigs tbh
A new unique way to distribute event items
All of our other event pretty much the same..
Gather currency -> buy event items
This is actually good

However i am not okay with the number of rigs available
4 rigs is way to much + there is basically 1 rig that contain all the items
Same problem with our orb rigs all over again xD
If there is a rig that contain all of the item, why bother with the other rigs? Lol
It would be a different case if all the 4 rigs actually give different items

The event itself ( volleyball + treashore hunt ) is actually great
But basically the event is only for 3:30 PM -> 5:30ish? PM Voltra time every day. The rest of the day we basically got no event at all
Not everyone can be online at voltra at that time

And with the time of the event never changes basically some people wont be able to join at all
Like that is basically 3:30AM for me lol

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/4 05:17:59 )
I must say I agree on the rig part there should have only been one or two rigs. Not four. And we shouldn't get doubles until after the fact of getting one whole set.

I ain't a fan of volleyball. I didn't get the chance to do the treasure hunt. As to I've been very busy because it in summer time. I still have to get a hold of family, about a family reunion.

@Neko: I agree with everything that you have said.

Donator — nyan? Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/4 21:58:33 )
neko says;
I just got 5 beach backgrounds in a row. :^)

sell me rigs please♥

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/5 00:39:14 )
@Neko: Yeah. That happened to me too.
I had 125 shells and played the 25 shell until they were all gone. Nothing but backgrounds.
Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/10 22:24:11 )

I agree with everyone 100%.
I super loved the last event. And I know that not every event can have the same layout but it was so easy to buy the items in the store and they were almost all the same price.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.