Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Mythical Meetings and Demonic Dealings

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/1 04:07:39 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"Izzy? All right then." Evan responded. "And... no family name?" he then asked. "That's... interesting." he said. "Never seen or heard of that before." he admitted.

"And feel free to call me Evan." he then said. "Whatever you feel most comfortable with." he stated with a small smile.

"I admit, I wasn't expecting you to be so young." he told her.

"Guess that's what Agent Sharp was referring to when he mentioned I should expect the unexpected." he chuckled.

"Anyway, pleasure to meet you."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/1 04:09:29 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Izzy paused a moment.

"..... oh, right." She muttered. "I came straight from a meeting with someone else." She added before taking a ring off, allowing Evan to watch as her skin tone changed, her figure shifted, and her ears grew.... a lot. There were also a couple of crystalline elements to them, and around her one eye.

"Forgot I had the glamour still on." She admitted.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/1 04:40:20 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Evan rained an eyebrow.

"Ohhhh! So THAT'S what he meant." he added with another laugh.

"Fair enough." he said.

"Anyway, from what I've read, you've been more testy than usual, been verbally lashing out more often, and just seem to overall be suffering from some strong stress." he commented, looking at the file.

"So. Let's have a chat about that." he suggested.

"Any ideas as to where this stress may be coming from?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/1 05:14:41 )

"The fact that I'm a freak among my own kind?" Izzy asked in response.

"because seriously, I am." She added. "Normally it's not much of an issue. But the commnets I deal with in my position, it just... it builds, and eventually I break." She added after a few seconds.

"I'm a goblin with mana, and with the glamour, I look so young that people talk over me and don't take me seriously. It just gets to me from time to time."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/1 05:28:23 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Evan nodded as Izzy said what she did, and waited until there was a break before he spoke.

"Perfectly understandable." he said.

"It would only make sense to be only able to withstand such comments for so long, before something got to be too much." he went on. "Can only be water off a duck's back for so long." he reiterated.

"However, whether you meant it seriously or flippantly, terming yourself as a 'freak' is really something that you need to watch out for." he warned. "It's important to know that it's all right to refer to yourself in that manner jokingly from time to time, but a little can go a long way, if not for yourself, then perhaps in helping others' perspectives of you." he told her further.

"That being said, being talked down to for what you are, or what you look like is really something that can get to a person." he then said. "Believe me, I can understand." he added, removing his glasses.

When he did so, Izzy saw his pupils turn to slit-like feline eyes, and pointy cat ears pop up from seemingly out of nowhere.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/1 05:30:28 )

Izzy was silent before sighing.

"Yeah.... it's fun, no?" She asked, referring to his last point.

"Loads. And, for the record, I don't consider myself a freak. I'm unique." She commented with a shrug.

"My warren though? They consider me a freak. A lot of people who meet me and find out I have mana, yet am a goblin, consider me a freak." She continued.

"And those that ask about the crystallised mana that is scattered across me, they never believe I exist."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/1 05:50:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Evan put his glasses back on, and his eyes returned to 'normal', and his ears disappeared. He then nodded again, before slightly leaning back in the chair he was sitting in, and raising a hand up a little.

"I'm not going to sit here and tell you to forget your warren. To forget about the people that call you a freak. Or the people that never believe you exist. You seem like you know that already, and you're good at it, until you're not." he reasoned. "Life is hard for one that can truly be called 'unique'." he said further.

"And I'm sure you already know that your life could be so much worse and all that perspective blah-blah-blah." he went on, sounding more and more like someone that actually 'got her', as far as a professional shrink went, anyway.

"But I DON'T know how you assert yourself." he then admitted. "You are an individual, and you deserve the same accordance as any other person here. Or anywhere else." he said. "Anyone that would think less of you because of who you are or what you are, deserves to be put in their place." he continued.

"No, I don't mean the cliché of 'living well is the best revenge', though that IS solid advice." he quickly said. "However, if you are holding back smaller outbursts for fear of repercussions, don't." he told her. "From what I know, this place is run by some very understand people. Or... well, to be more specific, the one atop it all." he clarified with a small laugh.

"If people are going to call you a freak or act like you don't exist, or look down on you, then let them know that you are here to stay, and make sure they know you're not going away. You deserve to be treated with respect, and if they don't like it, then you can raise a ruckus for them until they try and take action, and have the consequences fall RIGHT back on them." he went on, getting a little on the passionate side near the end... before he stopped and cleared his throat lightly.

"Sorry, was getting a bit carried away there." he admitted, a slight hint of sheepishness to his tone.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/1 06:13:07 )

Izzy was silent for a moment.

"I know." She commented.

"However, yeah. It's not easy sometimes." She added after a few seconds.

"And I'm sure you can unde4rstand that."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/1 06:31:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..." Evan was silent at her response.

It seemed like he wasn't saying anything she didn't already know. She knew how to deal. But the people that kept giving her stress and grief were not letting up. Izzy had the right attitude, she was doing the right things, she was living life as best she could, but... people seemed determined to just keep pushing her down.

And he wasn't able to do anything about them.

Izzy had some serious problems coming from other people.

So he just sighed quietly, almost in resignation.

"Yeah." he said. "It's not." he told her.

"All I can say it, bring the weight of the Unit onto them. If they won't change, or at least acknowledge you as someone that deserves respect, get them out of here." he said further.

"Beyond that, feel free to rant at me if you want to." he went on, writing his number down on a piece of paper and giving it to her.

"I don't work here, and I certainly can't affect those people that are determined to keep you down, but if you ever just want to rant or vent, I am trained to listen, at the very least." he smiled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/1 06:41:49 )

Izzy was silent for a moment as she accepted the paper.

"Cool, thanks." She said as she pulled her wallet out of her pocket and stick it inside.

---

They sat in there for awhile, neither of them truly sure of the time, or even paying attention, before Evan's phone rang. When he checked, Izzy told him go ahead and answer it, and he saw it was his mother calling, as he'd asked her to. He wanted to be back home at a decent time, mostly because his uncle was doing dinner, and he always wanted to be there if he could.

"Hey Evs. You asked me to call at 6 for us here, so I'm calling. Dinner will be ready in about thirty." Casey said with a light chuckle.

"Are yoi going to be here for it, or am I telling Ash to make sure to save some for you?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/1 07:03:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Evan was silent for a moment, before he looked at the time on his phone, and then brought it back to his ear.

"I... had no idea it was already 6." he admitted.

"I mean, I-" he started to say, before he noticed Izzy giving him a gesture that essentially said "don't you go rescheduling". And she seemed adamant about it. "No, I'll be there for dinner." he told his mother.

"Thanks for the reminder." he went on.

"...love you too." he finished, before the call was ended, and he cleared his throat.

"Seems our impromptu and unofficial session went on for... a while." he commented. "To understate it." he went on.

"Didn't expect that." he admitted with a small laugh.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/1 07:07:05 )

Izzy just laughed lightly.

"Tends to happen. Even with the on call ass hole who usually was the one I was speaking with." she said with a light shrug.

"Anyway. I got your number, and I'll clear out so as to give you a chance and time to pack up and clear out or whatever." she added.

"And... Thanks. Was good to just.... Say all that."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/1 07:27:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Evan shook his head a little.

"From what you've said, yes, he seems to lack... decorum, at times." he mumbled. "And I am being as professional as I possibly CAN with that descriptor." he added quietly.

"At the very least, I'm glad I was able to alleviate a little of your stress and frustration." he then told her.

"Just... yeah, if nothing else, I'm glad I helped minorly." he said.

He was sure that this was not good for his professional advancement, in terms of staking out on his own, but at least Izzy was feeling better. That's what counted.

"Bye for now, Izzy." he finished with a smile and a wave, as she made her way to the door.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/1 07:30:41 )

"See ya." Izzy said with a wave before leaving. She left the door open a bit, as it was when she'd initially arrived, due to not knowing if he wanted it closed, and headed off. She paused after a few steps though, thinking about something.

If Evan was here for any reason, she was sure that Sharp wanted to hear about her thoughts with him, onsidering he'd set up the appointment and all.

So, she turned to head up to his office, figuring she'd give him the update now, before he tried to hunt her out. And she had time to do so before her shift was due to start, which was good, too. What she didn't expect, was to run into him about five minutes later.

"Oh! Hi" She greeted.

"Just the man I was looking for."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/1 07:44:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ah, hello again, Izea." Sharp greeted her.

He then quirked an eyebrow and smirked.

"Seems you're a little more chipper." he commented. "Guess that talk with Dr. Kiczys helped a little." he went on.

"And you were looking for me?" he asked.

"Anything to do with the past while?" he chuckled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/1 07:55:05 )

Izea was silent for a moment.

".... He's on the payroll, right?" She asked.

"Seriously. He actually takes me seriously, doesn't talk down to me, doesn't care that I look stupid young, nor that I'm a goblin with mana, and unlike the asshole you keep on call..... he doesn't look at me like a fucking science experiment." She stated candidly.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/1 08:29:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The sudden candidness of Izea's statement caused Hal to be taken aback for a moment.

"Wait..." he said.

"Wait, hold on." he mumbled.

"Our previous, on-call, psychiatrist looked at you like that? Treated you like that?" he asked her.

She could see he was genuinely surprised by this. He had NO idea that this had been happening, and she saw that it shocked him... and she could see the anger behind his eyes now.

"...well, suffice to say, he'll never be returning." he growled.

"And Dr. Kiczys gets your stamp of approval, does he?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/1 09:49:41 )

Yeah, he really did."[/b] Izea told him honestly.

"And I'm not the only one that has.... stories.... of him." She added after a few seconds.

"Seriously, ask around." She then said before sighing.

"He just made my skin crawl, and I have a pretty long list of what all he did that I really didn't like." She paused a moment before shrugging.

"And yes. I like the cat."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/1 21:24:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...I see." Hal responded.

"Then I shall do some digging with the people that I know have seen him for one reason or another." he told her. "Find out if there's any legal action that can or should be taken." he reasoned.

"But! Dr. Kiczys seems to be good, eh? Well, that's good enough for me." he then told her with a small smile.

"Good to see you feeling a little better, too." he said.

The next day, Sharp called the land line for the manor that Evan and his family lived in, and it was answered by Lindsay. After some brief conversation, he called Evan to the phone.

"Agent Sharp wants to speak with you." he told him.

"All right." Evan said, taking the phone and speaking into it, as Lindsay walked outside, where Casey was.

"Agent Sharp called looking for Evan." he said. "Hope it's nothing too serious. Evan seemed a little down about how that unofficial appointment with that other agent went." he commented further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/1 22:26:18 )

Casey was silent for a moment.

"Huh." she muttered.

"Sharp's generally good with people, I wonder why Evan would be down about it. Anytime I asked last night, he always said he was fine, and I never believed that." She added.

"Because... yeah. I'm not sure."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.