Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Magika Academy [Sulley and JamJam]

Donator — Monster Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/21 05:23:50 )

Character 1:
Name: Iris Adrena
Species: Cyclops
Appearance: 4'10" with pale pink skin. One big purple eye hidden under a mountain of sandy blonde hair.
Bio: Iris is a B+ average student with immense anxiety. She is shy around everyone who isn't her friend, but bold when she is among friends. Her element of choice is fire and she loves making ghosts out of the flames.

Side Characters:
Lizzy - Iris' Roommate

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/21 05:49:40 )
Character 1:
Name: Jake Infernio
Species: Human
Appearance: 5'8" with slightly tanned white skin. Brown eyes and short black hair with a short and well groomed beard.
Bio: Jake is a very athletic student who is captain of most of the sports teams Magika Academy has to offer and is very popular though he doesn't let it get to his head. He's incredibly kind and will go out of his way to talk to the more shy people around school especially if they're being picked on by others. His element of choice is fire and he loves going out to the woods behind the school and make bonfires with his friends.

Donator — Monster Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/21 06:13:26 )
March at Magika Academy; when the air is crisp, the flowers are blooming, and the students are grumpy. It's almost as if spring was invented to torture students. Iris, the young, small cyclops, was just waking up to start the day. Her roommate Lizzy left the alarm going for a good five minutes, how sweet, Iris marched over to the alarm and shut it off.

"Oh hey yeah, morning Iris!" Lizzy chuckled awkwardly whilst holding her plate of eggs.
"Morning." Iris grumbled, grabbing her things to get ready for school, "Don't suppose you have an extra plate of eggs?" "If I did," Lizzy began, scooping some of the yellow mash onto her fork, "I'd be taking it with me for lunch."

Iris was not one to cook, or prepare properly for school. Though she was a decent student, she found getting up early to be a pain. Might as well sleep right before having to leave. Iris finished getting ready and grabbed her bag, Lizzy looked up from her plate and over to her, "You're leaving without eating?" Iris shrugged, "I have class in ten." She then darted out the door, not too eager to start the day.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/21 06:29:06 )
Jake is soundly sleeping after a great night of celebrating his Broomstick relay team's 8th win in a row, although he had no intention of staying awake until 3 hours before he's supposed to go to class. Suddenly he's blasted with a rush of water to the face. His Assistant Captain and roommate Riley looks at him disappointed yet amused.

"Wake up Infernio, you have class starting in 3 minutes and if you're late again coach says you'll have to spend our next practice in detention!" Riley yelled in a barking tone. "Don't think you could have done that a few minutes earlier? Now I have to sprint to class and not eat any breakfast!" Jake grumbles in a half asleep voice. "Now what would be the fun in that? plus the running will keep you in shape for tomorrow night against Nakamura's squad." Riley chuckles. Jake grabs his bag in one fluid motion and runs out the door as fast as he can determined to get inside the classroom just as the tardy bell rings.

Donator — Monster Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/21 06:37:50 )
As students begin treading into the Pyro-glyphics class, Iris sees people going in and she changes her jogging to a slight sprint. A student walking in keeps the door open for her to come in, "Thank you," she says, slightly winded. She follows inside and looks around, her seat is always wherever there is one available; today its right at the very front where the teacher talks, great.

She marched over to the seat and slumped down into it, placing her bag on the empty seat beside her as she rummaged through it to get her notebook and a pen. She both loved and despised this course; she knew most of the basics of fire magic, but she needed the credit. As she finished getting her things the bell rang and the teacher stood up from her desk.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/21 06:54:39 )
Miss Frizzle, in her 21st year teaching the Pyro-glyphics class walks to the door to close it when suddenly she's startled by a yell from the hallway. "Don't close the door, I'm here!!" Jake dives into the classroom and says in an exhausted but calm tone "Sorry about that, Mr. Woodsbury wanted to congratulate me on the win last night and made me late" Miss Frizzle looks him in the eyes and can tell immediately that it was a lie. "you do know that being tardy again means you'll have to spend tomorrow morning in detention right?" Jake's skin begins to turn white knowing how important it is to him that he makes it to practice. "Is there any way you could let this slide? I promise to never be tardy again and I really need to be at practice tomorrow!"

"Just this one last time Jake, or else I'll have to report you to the Headmaster" Miss Frizzle says in a scolding tone. "Thank you Miss Frizz, you're the best!" Jake exclaims. "Now take a seat so we can begin, we're at capacity today but I see that Iris's bag is taking the last available spot." Miss Frizzle says while returning to her desk. Jake slowly approaches Iris with a shy grin on his face. "Hey is it okay if i sit beside you?"

Donator — Monster Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/21 07:01:57 )
Iris looks slightly annoyed by her teachers remark, picking up her bag from the seat and placing it on the ground between her feet. Not saying anything she clicked her pen and glanced over to him, nodding her head for him to take the seat. But something changed when she looked at him, her frustration turned to fear, oh crap.

"Yeah, go right ahead." She muttered, not making any eye contact, but certainly giving off odd vibes. Suddenly this class didn't seem all that bad.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/21 07:15:41 )
Jake quietly takes the seat feeling slightly ashamed knowing that it upset Iris, he glances over to her but she looks away and wont even look him in the eyes. Jake takes this as a sign that Iris doesn't like him very much and stays quiet. As the class progressed he wanted to make her know that he was very thankful that she moved her bag for him so he looked at her and gave a shy smile. He noticed that her cheeks may have flushed slightly, but he wasn't entirely sure. Near the end of the class Jake was trying to think of something to say to her, but didn't want to come on too strong. "Psst" Jake whispers terrified. "Hey I was wondering if I could treat you to a coffee or something after class to make up for today?"

Donator — Monster Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/22 03:27:06 )

(Coffee? Why not bowling? ;D)

Iris was putting her things back in her bag when she heard Jake's question; something about the question seemed odd to her so she looked over at him, "Make up for today? You didn't do anything wrong. Well, I guess besides disrupt class." She trailed for a second, then glanced at her bag, oh, he was referring to that. "Oh I'm sorry; I hope I didn't seem upset about moving my bag. It was fine, really." She forced a smile; she wasn't one for conversation.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/22 04:25:23 )
Jake was relieved to hear she wasn't as upset as he originally thought. "That's a relief, I'm usually not the best at first impressions as you can see and I've actually been wanting to talk to you for awhile now Iris, but it never seemed like the right time." Jake immediately analyzes every part of what he just said and worries that he may have come on a little too strong. "Actually I'm kind of starving, I didn't eat breakfast this morning so if you're interested maybe we could grab some lunch or something? I'll treat." Jake says in a relaxed tone with a confident smile, when in reality he's having a nervous breakdown.

He stands there thinking of every little thing he could be doing to blow it. "Do I have good posture? Am I still smelly from running here without a shower? Did she have a big breakfast and isn't even hungry?" Every millisecond feels like an hour as he awaits Iris's response.

Donator — Monster Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/22 04:39:45 )

A sudden look of confusion was plastard on Iris' face, what was going on here? He was talking so abrasively that she wasn't quite sure how to respond. "Oh well uh, I have another class..." She muttered, getting up from her seat, "Some other time maybe?" She slipped her arms through the straps of her bag, she felt bad for having to pass, but it was a little weird.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/22 05:04:54 )
Jake knew he'd find a way to blow it, she seems different than any of the other girls he has had an interest in which only made this rejection hurt that much more. "Oh yeah for sure, I guess I'll see you around then." Jake says in a positive tone trying to make it seem like he wasn't that upset over it. Jake leaves the class and he swings by the cafeteria for a quick slice of pizza before heading to the back woods of the school where he likes to invite his friends to sit around a fire and hang out, but this time he went by himself and needed time to be alone and think.

Donator — Monster Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/24 03:04:40 )

(Aw, making me feel bad for rejecting him! D;)
iris watched him leave and sighed, it was pretty obvious he was upset. She couldn't help it though, she had things to do! She got her stuff and left the room, heading for her next class. As she walked down the hallways the sounds of explosions and shouting could be heard; two students were having a duel right in the middle of the hall.

"Nariss will be my boyfriend!" One of the girls cried, throwing a spell of gusting winds at the other, "I told you he's mine and we love each other!" The other yelled whilst defending herself with an impromptu brick wall. As this attack took place, one of the gust of winds broke nearly all the windows in the hallway, including ones that lead to the back woods outside.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/24 08:11:17 )
Jake sat by the fire and pondered why no matter how hard he tried he couldn't get Iris out of his head. He'd never had problems talking to girls before, and whenever he got a rejection it wouldn't bother him at all, but this time he felt so defeated and embarrassed that he made such a fool of himself by asking her out like that. "Of course she said no, I came bursting in late like an Idiot and probably smelled terrible" he muttered to himself as he looked into the blazing fire.

Suddenly he hears the sound of glass shattering back at the school and quickly puts out his fire and goes to investigate. All the windows appeared to be shattered on the third floor and he could tell that there was some misuse of magic going on. Jake rushes up the winding staircase and into the hall where he sees two girls dueling using a powerful variant of wind magic and tries to intervene before someone gets hurt. "Hey, break it up before one of you..!" Jake steps a little too close to the fight and is blasted backwards right into one of the schools trophy cases nearly knocking him unconscious, the glass shatters and gives him several small cuts on his cheek and neck. "THAT IS ENOUGH!" Bellows a powerful and intimidating voice, It was the headmaster of Magika Academy.

Donator — Monster Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/24 08:23:44 )

The two girls stop their fighting and much of the crowd backs up, allowing the headmaster space to get to the combatants. The Headmaster, or Headmistress, was a tall monstrous woman. She bore massive bull horns at the center of her forehead, along with long dark hair surround them, wrapped neatly in a bun at the back. Her fangs that remained protruding out of her lower lip appeared sharper than usual somehow as she marched towards the girls.

"Why do I see broken glass all over the floor and a newly constructed brick wall in the center of my hallway?" She asks bluntly, mouth barely moving as she speaks.
"She's trying to steal my boyfriend!" The girl with the builders magic responded, pointing a commanding finger at her rival.
"Such childishness. Both of you, in my office immediately, As for everyone else," She looks around at the sea of nervous pupils, "Get back to class and avoid the glass." She then snaps her fingers, causing the glass to elevate off the floor and form into a massive ball in the air. As she walks the two students to her office the ball disbands and the glass goes back to where it once was.

After the commotion and glass repair, Iris and a few other students noticed Jake sitting against the newly fixed trophy cabinet. Iris awkwardly made her way over, noticing the cuts on his face, "Are you alright? You look like you're hurt."

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/24 09:02:27 )
Jake slowly snaps out of his half unconscious state and looks over at Iris approaching him, "You think this is bad you should've seen me in the regional finals last year, at least those girls weren't throwing fireballs!" he chuckles while getting off the ground and on his feet. Iris giggles as Jake stands up a little fast without realizing he's still quite dizzy from the blast and stumbles.

Iris looks at him worried and he knows that maybe she cared more for him than he thought. "Thanks for checking up on me though, and sorry for putting you on the spot there earlier I shouldn't have been so forward. Jake starts to slowly make his way down the hall but notices his balance is really off and worries he may have suffered a concussion from hitting his head.

Donator — Monster Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/25 01:41:35 )

Upon seeing just how off-balance Jake was, Iris felt inclined to help him. She walked over and slung his arm over her shoulder, supporting his footing, "Here, let me help you." She said with a nervous smile, "I'll take you to the nurses' office; I think you hit your head too hard." She started walking with him carefully.

As they walked, she thought about what he had said, being forward? So was he actually asking her out? She had never been asked out before so she wasn't too sure how that worked.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/25 04:06:17 )
Jake was impressed at Iris strength in being able to support him with ease. "Thanks Iris but let's take the long way around so we don't have to pass the Athletics wing, don't want word getting around I may be injured." While they walked he thought back to his last major injury and how the girl he was seeing at the time didn't even bother visiting him in the infirmary.

They eventually made it to the nurses office, "Thank you so much Iris, I really owe you one for this so don't hesitate to ask if you need anything at all." he said with a sincere smile. Jake looked into Iris's radiant purple eye and almost got lost in its beauty, "I like the green makeup by the way, it really makes your purple eye pop."

Donator — Monster Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/25 04:14:10 )

"Oh!" Iris touched her forehead rather awkwardly, "Thank you, I was going for a different look, I'm glad you like it." She smiled, then remembered the situation and helped him sit on the patiences bed, "Here, you need to relax, I'll go get the nurse." She started walking towards the door but then turned to look over her shoulder, "And um, actually, I'll take you up on that coffee thing...Since you owe me one." She said with a nervous laugh, hopefully he didn't find that lame.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/25 05:01:35 )
Jake was ecstatic to hear that "awesome" Iris left to get the nurse and as soon as she left the room let out a hushes "Yes!" He couldn't believe the roller coaster of emotions he'd been through so far today but felt his luck was finally turning around. Then he snapped back into the reality of the situation, if this is any more than a minor injury he could miss morning practice tomorrow or worse the game that night!

Jake sits in the office in absolute fear as Iris returns with the nurse. "Mr Infernio, Iris here told me you took a heck of a bump" she said in a neutral tone. "Yeah but the pain only seemed to be temporary and we came just as a precaution because my balance was a bit off, but I'm actually feeling a lot better now" Jake said knowing that his head was still pounding from the incident. "Miss Adrena could you excuse us for a few minutes, I need to run a few tests on Jake but you're more than welcome to wait in one of the chairs outside." said the nurse. Jake became even more worried knowing these tests were more important than any of the academic tests he'd taken in a long time.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.