Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Literature Any Philip K Dick fans?

Voltie — they/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/16 11:23:59 )
Locked due to 6+months of inactivity in the thread. If you would like this thread unlocked, please PM a mod.

I discovered him in my highschool years after dabbing in different kinds of fantasy/science fiction and fell in love with his work
I've read around a 7-10 of his books, the most recent being dr. Bloodmoney, and I've started re-reading Ubik but stopped put that on hold as I started Dune.
I still have to read the electric ant, which my sis has read already
Overall he is my second favourite writer, and even though I love every book of his I've read, my favourite has to be Ubik, followed by the book that inspired blade runner, Do androids dream of electric sheep

What about you? How did you discover Philip K, what is your favourite novel and what about his work attracted you?

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/17 00:32:32 )
YES YES YS YES

The first Philip K Dick book I ever read was A Scanner Darkly. Also a fan of the movie. The only other one I've read was Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? and I loved that one too--Blade Runner is one of my favourite movies 8D cyberpunk ftw! PKD and William Gibson are two of my favourite authors 8D

please ping me if you need my attention! || stardust || be excellent to each other ♥

[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Voltie — they/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/17 11:33:09 )
@Vii: OMG!!! honestly i wasnt expecting any replies but you made my day!!
God i loved the last blade runner movie so So much! i Live for the cyberpunk aesthetic!! It reminded me of the deus ex games tbh
Speaking of games, have you heard of "The Observer"? It looks and plays out exactly like a Philip K Dick novella. Its one of my favourite games because it reminded me so much of him, his worlds and ideas. If you can, I really recommend checking it out.
I half read - half listened to a scanner darkly. Weird and hopeless just as i like my novels tbh. How was the movie? Also I think there's a miniseries adaptation of the man in the high castle, i never checked it out myself but my boss told me its p neat
tumblr.
literally always ping me

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/19 10:42:59 )
I read and loved Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? and I'm currently reading A Scanner Darkly. I also have VALIS, but I haven't started it yet.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/26 01:23:11 )
YES
I want to read all of his books
I like his dark mood tbh

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.