Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Higher Consciousness

Voltie — Alien Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/30 12:45:12 )
Do you believe that human beings can expand their consciousness through meditation, energy work, personal growth, etc? I feel like a lot of humans are stuck in an egotistical mind set and in order to attain that level of awareness they need to suffer some sort of ego death. I have had experiences whilst under the influence of psychedelics and they have completely altered the way I view reality. I meditate often and try to work on myself and my health but I always get sidetracked by mental illness or some other earthly matter. I feel like it is possible for human beings to achieve mental clarity and extreme focus through these methods, but I feel I suffer from such turbulent changes in my life, it's hard for me. :vanora_sweat:

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/1 20:45:28 )
@Astral Ninja: I definitely think it's possible to "expand" one's consciousness, but it's also such a hard thing to gauge because, truthfully, we have very little understanding of the nature of reality. (Or, rather, reality is only defined as what we perceive). The Buddhist monks who set themselves on fire during the Tibetan Independence protests are more or less proof of this, as they were able to sit there completely still despite literally burning to death.

I too have had some psychedelic experiences (crazy seeing matter and molecules move, huh? THE FABRIC OF THE UNIVERSE) and agree that some sort of ego-death needs to occur; the person in question must be convinced to relinquish their perceived control over reality.

Meditation is hella difficult, many people find that it takes hundreds if not thousands of hours to achieve that state of internal stillness.
also, I love the fact that we both have "Alien" as our pronouns omg xD
P.S. Your signature art is PERFECT
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 23:06:43 )
I certainly think our brains have more to them than we generally experience day-to-day. Whether it's accessible through meditation or drugs or near death experience or illness. It's all very interesting to me and I think it comes down to your own personal experience.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.