Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Breaker Beach Vyc's Volleyball Tournament [LET'S CELEBRATE!]

Npc — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/6 18:55:53 )

"Hey," Vyctor calls up to the lifeguard in charge of the beach. "Can I borrow your megaphone?" The buff young man blinks in surprise at the strange request, but throws down the item in question. "Thanks man," Vyc nods and turns to walk away, but then looks up again. "Oh, and can I borrow your tower too?"

"Uhh... I don't know, buddy. I think I'd get in trouble if..." His voice trails off as he squints down at the recognizable figure. "Hey, wait a sec. Aren't you Vyctor?"

Vyc gave a shrug, "Yeah, don't worry. I'll clear it up with your boss or whatever-"

The man's eyes lit up and he practically fell down the tower to get eye level with the body modification guru. "Man, I am a BIG fan of your work! It's freakin' awesome, you know? Look, I got a tat just the other day but it's nowhere near as cool as what you coulda done, and..."

This continues for a few minutes with Vyc paying only half attention until the tower temporarily belongs to him, and the megaphone is safely in his possession.

"Eyes forward, boys and girls," he shouts over the beach. "I'd like to announce a volleyball battle! Prizes are... well, good and all. So if you like hitting people with balls, this contest is for you. And I'm not just hosting this because I'm bored and want to hit people with balls. Okay? Good. Glad we understand each other."

Npc — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/6 18:56:28 )
SUMMARY

Vyctor has decided now is the perfect time for a volleyball tournament!
Some of your favorite shopkeepers are bound to compete.
Cheer 'em on and win something nice!

MECHANICS

Matches will start on the 23rd and end on the 28th
They commence on the same time everyday and changes to this, if any, will be announced
In each match, points are scored every 5 minutes for the team that earns the most user votes
You vote by pinging Spark a cheer for the team you want to win
The first team to 15 points wins that round

PRIZES

Now that we have our winners, congratulations (myself) Vyctor and my buddy Virgil, let's celebrate! We're not just celebrating our win, but also all the participants.

There will be Page Prizes throughout the celebration which goes through Saturday, 6/30!
Starting on page 60 the first post on each page will get a prize!

What are the prizes?
Even pages: Deep Sea Diver
Odd pages: Breaker Beach Goodie Bag!

That's not it!
If we reach page 100 before the end of 6/30 everyone will be granted 1 free Breaker Beach Goodie Bag!

The teams in each match will represent an EI
All participants in each round will get the EI linked to the winning team
EIs will be granted at the end of the Volleyball Tournament
Check back to this post for all the information regarding teams and items

CHAMPIONS: LET'S CELEBRATE!

Match 5 (Finals R2)

Fishing Fanatic will be awarded

Match 4 (Finals R1)

Seafloor Fashionista will be awarded

Match 3 (Redemption 3rd & 4th Place)

Beach Babe will be awarded

Match 2

Beach Background will be awarded

Match 1

Duck Floatie will be awarded

Npc — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/18 01:06:01 )
MEET THE TEAMS

Hello and gooood afternoon, VOLTRA!

You may know there's a volleyball tournament going on right now and who better to broadcast the event than your boy Spark? I may not have done this kinda thing ever before, but there's a first time for every shindig, and your favorite idol's up to the task!

So without further ado, what's a game without its players? I'm gonna drop some big names we'll witness in a new light on this sandy arena! Help me out here and make some noise because one bird can only be so loud!

ELECTRIC

Vregory R. King and Vontell Capala are two of the chillest dudes I've come to know, and they'll be shootin' for Electric. Their charm levels are through the roof, but will they have the muscle and mindset to crush those on the opposing team?!

SOUND

Vanora Aria and Vivienne Harper are a fierce duo whose partnership transcends the ring! They're nice girls but when a prize is on the line and they're allowed to hit some balls, who knows what noise they'll make! All the better since they'll be representing Sound!

METAL

Valentina Tinker and... wait, is that a bug?! Yes, yes it is folks! Bernard needs no introduction because you all know and love him, but he's got one anyway! This familiar pairing has got to be the most bizarre but awesome team I've seen rockin' for Metal. What will our master gadgeteer pull out of her bag of tricks to help level the playing field? But here's the question we all want to know: how will Bernard even affect the ball?!

ICE

And that brings us to our last team, folks. You mighta thought a zany inventor joining up with an expressive bug was news, but have I got an announcement for you! Flyin' the Ice colors we have a man as cold but as cool as ice itself - Virgil FROST!

But that ain't all. There's two to a tango, and his partner is none other than the man who got this show off the ground! He's got a mysterious air and about the only thing I know is his name, but here it is. Vyctor! I wonder if that means their vyctory is for sure?!

Npc — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 20:05:59 )
Hey Volties, Today's match is between Sound and Metal teams!
Can Vanora and Viv crush Val and Bernard - OR - are Val and Bernard very tough bugs to squish?

Who are you cheering for!?

The match begins at 3:30 pm Voltra time.

Ping me, Spark, to cheer on your team ONCE within the 5 min period.

Donator — He Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 20:08:41 )
@Spark: Team sound

Donator — Puzzling Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 20:16:26 )

@Spark: Team Metal

Have to cheer for my girl Val ^^ :bernard_happy:

|

Voltie — Baby Yoda Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 20:19:25 )

" @Spark: Team Sound!"

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 20:27:21 )
@Spark: Team Sound! (cutest couple ever)

Plus I want the ducky. <_<

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 20:29:52 )

@Spark: Team Sound

Npc — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 20:31:12 )
Whoa whoa whoa.. The game is just starting and there's already cheering! Hold your horses! :bernard_happy:

*Schreeeetch*
Was that a whistle I hear!?

Npc — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 20:32:09 )
You all have 3 minutes to cheer on your team until the first point is made!

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 20:32:58 )
@Spark: Team Sound!
Cheering for my favorite girls.

Donator — pancake Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 20:33:25 )
@Spark: team metal

Npc — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 20:36:09 )

That's 1 : 0 Folks!

Start Cheering! Will Metal pull ahead or fall more behind?

Npc — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 20:41:35 )
*Whistle* Interruption.. Vregory, please keep your little friends under control.

@Raxton: COME
@Miss Kitty: ON
@Vladimir: Y'ALL!
@Faust Sheep: DON'T
@Another Movie Addict: LET
@Lovey: YOUR
@blinkini: TEAM DOWN!

5 mins!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 20:43:27 )

Go team sound!

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 20:46:03 )
@Spark: C'mon Team Sound!

Npc — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 20:46:22 )
Looks like Team Sound might have this point too.

Make sure to cheer every 5 mins to help your team win!

Npc — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 20:47:11 )

That's 2 : 0 Folks!

Start Cheering! You have 5 Minutes to help you team score!

Donator — He Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 20:52:23 )
@Spark: team sound

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.