Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/9 23:41:02 )
@Glume: haha! that's legit. i wish i could do makeup. oh, tom savini from the zombie movies right? dawn/day of the dead? (trying not to be a cop-out and just look him up lol) that's so cool. i remember there was some kind of head explosion scene in one of them that haunted me for yearrrssss. ah yeah, the art industry is very competitive. film, graphic design, games, etc. :( networking is a big help. i hope you can get your dream job someday!

@Saeyra: i'm with rockstar. our parent company is an exhibitor, so i'll be helping out at their booth. my school was a bit small so i'm afraid saying it here might lead to some identifying information, but it's a fairly well-known one in nyc. ^^ did you go to an art college too?

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/9 23:54:37 )
@neku: Uhmm sortof. I studied graphic design. Not quite "art college" haha but related! I really wanted to go into Fine Arts but my parents didn't think it would make any money later in life. So they made me go Graphic Design. :vanora_xd: Oh I love Rockstar games! I used to play Midnight Club and GTA as a kid. I am guessing you are working on Red Dead Redemption right now?

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/10 00:29:11 )
@Saeyra: ahh i see. that's cool! i think that situation is quite common, heard it a lot in my department (communication design). the nice thing about visual communication though is that its applications are pretty broad, so you could totally combine fine arts and graphic design if you wanted to. guy i knew got into doing book covers that way and is doing well, all about finding your niche i guess! and yeah, i work on rdr2 ^^ there's so many cool things in it that i want to tell people about but can't because nda :(

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/10 00:51:31 )
@neku: Yeah the lessons you learn in graphic design can be applied to fine arts too and vice versa so it doesnt matter what you pick, the fundamentals are the same. Color, shapes, and composition. Did you work on any games before that or is this your first? Yeah I know that feeling haha. Don't worry I won't ask about it.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/10 17:52:47 )
@neku: cuuute avatar, welcome to Voltra
call me grem
they/them

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/11 01:50:25 )
@Saeyra: yep exactly! what kind of fine arts were you interested in studying? painting, sculpture, etc.? this is my 3rd AAA game so far. although, i haven't been in the industry very long, maybe 2-3 years by now. it's been an interesting journey X) haha, thanks for understanding!

@nyreen: thanks! :D

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/11 12:00:46 )
@neku: All of it really! I wanted to learn to paint and sculpt and paint sculptures haha. I mostly wanted to be an illustrator for books and stuff. With my computer I can do all of these things but I am just missing some teachers XD Teaching myself is okay but I feel like its going really slowly. Is working for a AAA game company stressful?

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/12 22:15:30 )
wow neku, you have the coolest jobs. can we be best friends?

not awkward welcome.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/14 07:49:50 )
@Saeyra: ahh i see, that's cool! very diverse skillset :) maybe you can find some online classes on lynda.com? and yeah, it's very stressful at times. often we have whats called "crunch (time)" around major deadlines or releases, which is pretty much mandatory unpaid overtime—it sucks lol. sorry for the delay btw, E3 keeping me busy this week. are there any games you're looking forward to? ^^

@Eruca: haha thanks! are you interested in the games industry? :)

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/14 10:51:36 )
@neku: oh hiii heelloo!!! :D
how are you liking it here so faarr?
im also from tinierme whats ur name there? maybe I know u :D

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/14 10:53:29 )
@neku: Hmm Lynda.com only teaches the basics and I know that already, I was aiming more for schoolism when I am more financially stable. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Wow unpaid overtime? That sucks! I'm sorry man, I hope its not TOO often.

The new Skyrim is really exciting but far away, Cyberpunk and Anthem intrigue me but I don't know if they will be good but I am hoping they are. I am VERY excited about the new Assassin's Creed! We finally get to play a girl! Not like I didnt enjoy playing a guy but sometimes I wanna be pretty and have my hair flying in the wind. Its a feature I didn't realize I needed in my life. I played the 1st Ori game and loved it so I am hoping Ori 2 will be just as good. Unravel 2 looks really gorgeous and the gameplay is really cute. I want it!!

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/14 18:22:41 )
@neku: I am interested in playing games and supporting creators. c: I only fantasize about working in the gaming industry because what I'm doing right now has very peripheral connections to it. lmao

What part of the game-making process do you work on? If that question even makes sense.
I see that you already talked about it. What exactly does it entail anyway?
Ping me

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/15 07:13:08 )
@Queen: hey there! i like voltra a lot, the community in some ways reminds me of tinierme! i was neku there as well. how about you? also, i stopped by your profile, taga-saan ka sa pilipinas? :) lumaki ako sa US pero my family is from manila haha.

@Saeyra: ah i see, sorry i couldn't be of more help! i hope you can find the classes you're looking for :) crunch time often happens due to poor planning/inability to meet prior deadlines, so it unfortunately it's quite common. but it's manageable! there was a time i pulled an all-nighter at the office over halloween, so my coworkers and i ended up eating all the office's halloween candy hehe. that reminds me i totally missed the ubisoft conference lmao. that's awesome though! i had the opportunity to attend sony's showcase earlier this week and it was so much fun. cyberpunk and anthem caught my eye as well, i can't wait to see more trailers/gameplay of them! do you play mainly on xbox?

@Eruca: i see, that's cool! what games do you like playing? generally i'm given descriptions/references of places or things (weapons, vehicles, etc.) that are going to be in the game and i make tons of concepts of them until the director approves the design. in early preproduction stages i can do hundreds of sketches for simple stuff like trees, it gets crazy sometimes lol.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/15 07:48:37 )
@neku: my name there is mouru and kise-chi hahhaha.
taga biñan city ako haha. sang state ka?
Ping to notiiicee!!

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/15 11:41:45 )
@neku: Nah I am PC master race all the way. :vanora_xd: Mostly because I can't keep up with buying a new console everytime one comes out. Super interested in VR though. I think it looks like a promising new technology.

Always ping me please.

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/16 20:00:25 )
@neku: Welcome! I’m usually over in my hangout or the word games forum, if you’re bored. Though, it sounds like you’re being kept very busy! I, for one, welcome our new gaming overlord. XDD;;

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/17 02:06:05 )
Hullooooo! I'm here and I'm naked without eyes! lol. This will be my first avie site since mene way back when. I did gaia before that. I tried logging onto that but I can't remember my stuff xD.

Donator — nyan? Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/17 02:09:26 )
neko says;
comin for my gig with a name like that

its ok
you can have it

sell me rigs please♥

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/17 02:14:15 )

Hello! Welcome to the site! Hope to see you around Voltra a lot!

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/17 02:17:48 )
Yar! I tried to take Kvothe straight up but the first time I tried, it was taken. So, I pondered (for about 3 seconds) and was like I shall be Kvothaniel and Kvothaniel I have been ever since. It's my name on almost everything and it was pretty unique to me until recently. I saw someone had stolen it on something.... but I can't remember what.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.