Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Voltra Discussion A question poised in blood...

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/4 20:23:02 )
This thread was locked due to inactivity, if you wish to unlock your thread please issue a ticket. Instructions to unlock thread found here.

You come across a skeleton whose bones are weathered. Probably been here a while. Outside of the usual skeletal attributes, nothing seems radically different about it in comparison to other skeletons.

Its hand, however, clutches a rolled up piece of paper and you furrow your brow. What's that? You gently take it from the fingertips because what skeleton needs paper, huh? It appears to be a message of some sort scribbled in crimson ink or another... less savory substance.

"How do you like the lore as written on this site? Too light-hearted? Too dark? Too long? Not interested?"

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/4 20:28:56 )
Oh my, how incredibly ominous! O:

Personally, I love the lore here. c: I'm a sucker for lore tho. Always reading the books and codex files in games. xD

"Hey man, that was my last sheet of paper" - skeleton, probably

please ping me if you need my attention! || stardust || be excellent to each other ♥

[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Voltie — Time 4 Tea Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/4 20:32:47 )
The Mad Hatter blinks as he comes across this scroll, peering at the words on the paper curiously. Reading it, he chuckled in amusement. "It's the perfect mixture of dark and feels, and fluffiness is good too, in my honest opinion. I will always read it all because it intrigues me so, drawing me in deeper and deeper until - oh dear, is it too late for me already? It appears I've gone mad...Oh dear. Oh well, all the better to enjoy our adventures, huehuehue..."

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/4 20:37:30 )
What can only be described as a spirit rises from the skeleton. Its features are perfectly ambiguous and it's more of a grim reaper than a ghost. Its silhouette is black like shadow, and it points a finger at Vii.

"Hey man, that was my last sheet of paper!"

"No, but really. Why's someone gotta take a dead guy's last sheet?"

The spirit acknowledges the Mad Hatter with a nod.

"Now here is a man of taste," it gestures dramatically. "Hello Mad Hatter, my old friend. How's life been treatin' ya? As you can see, life doesn't treat me anymore. Sad how that works, huh? Or doesn't, as you would say."

Donator — Puzzling Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/4 20:39:37 )

I stare at the skeleton wearily, the cobwebs more than enough to keep me at bay. Before turning to leave, I catch a glimpse of an out of place piece of paper rolled up in it's hand. Strange. What could the paper say? With a quick check to make sure no spiders were actually attached to the webs, I hurriedly swipe the paper with a panicked squeak.

Once at a safe enough distance away, breath labored, I open the paper, not trying to think about what it was written with. "The lore?" I question, smile growing on my face. "Who wouldn't enjoy it?" I pause, lost in thought for a moment before continuing. "I love that it is dark, and not all rainbows and happy endings. I enjoy the relationships as well." I smile as I recall the past adventure we had in Wonderland. "The writing and lore there was brilliantly done." I toss the paper to my awesome pig companion, who eats it. I'm not sure if eating paper is healthy for him, but then...he's no ordinary piggy.

|

Voltie — boss baby Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/4 20:43:32 )

I get distracted checking out hunky reaper ghost, "Ayyyy what up?"

(my answer's going to sound biased but I could wax poetic)

young dumb and full of crumbs

Voltie — Time 4 Tea Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/4 20:45:34 )
"I'm glad you understand," the Mad Hatter tipped his hat graciously, smoothing out his coat. "Life has been the usual. Teatime after teatime, but then again, it's the same teatime and never truly after or before any other teatime, really." He blinked and looked the skeleton over. "Indeed, it appears so. Nevertheless, I'm sure you could enjoy a little teatime with us, even if the atmosphere of our parties will fly straight through you like another of the March Hare's badly-aimed teapots."

Who am I, you ask?

Signature Art by Mica

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.