Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Entertainment Linkin Park

Voltie — He/They Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/30 01:42:09 )
TW: A bit of a heavy topic!

Hello all,

So recently a band by the name of Linkin Park lost one of their singers, a man named Chester.

Growing up, Linkin Park was always a huge part of my life. I used to listen to one of their albums while I was falling asleep every night during my Freshman and Sophmore years in high school. I would listen to them whenever I was feeling terribly depressed and there were many times when I feel as if their music saved my life.

Hearing about his death was a devastating blow to many, many people, so I wanted to start a little topic to talk about all of the things we love about Linkin Park!

What are your favorite albums? Favorite songs? Have you listened to their most recent album?

For me, Reanimation was always my favorite. I know some people didn't like it, but I loved every second of it!
My favorite song... huh. I don't think I can pick just one, to be honest. I love each and every one of them. I'm very fond of their new album, as well.
Gender Fluid (He/they) | Asexual | Married | Jewish
❤Elithiya~!❤
Art Shop

Donator — ...... Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/30 02:08:27 )
....Lost in the Echo means a lot to me, for...many reasons.

...wow I thought i was ready to talk about this stuff without cracking a bit and maybe i was wrong whoops

but yes, imo LP is one of the factors i'm still alive today

Donator — ...... Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/31 23:25:37 )
By the way, Music for Relief (co-founded by Chester) is still going strong, and they're reaching out to fans to donate relief funds for Harvey. Link's here.

Voltie — Alien Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/1 02:21:13 )
Chester Bennington was a beautiful soul and I believe his music will save more people and inspire more artists in the years to come. His death was devastating to me, because like you guys, their music was very important to me in my formative years. Favorite album... Toss up between Minutes to Midnight and Hybrid Theory. But I like all their music. Favorite songs... Leave out all the rest, points of authority, breaking the habit, papercut, ughh there's so many. I have A LOT of favorite songs. :vanora_xd:

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 06:34:38 )
LP was my favorite band when I was 14 and I never got a chance to see them... I had tickets to finally see them this year that of course went unused. :( I did at least see STP with Chester Bennington and he even came up and shook my hand during Plush so I'm grateful I could at least hear Chester live even though not with LP. I haven't really listened to their recent music but I still listen to their old stuff sometimes and it makes me feel super nostalgic, although nowadays sad as well.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/14 14:44:24 )
I grew up listening to Linkin Park, I don't think I can pick out a favorite song because they're all great songs,
I can say this though, I listened to these albums a lot Hybrid Theory, Meteora, Minutes to Midnight, Reanimation

there music got me through a lot of tough times, some were rather sad times.
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/27 10:09:19 )
I owe more of my early creative energy to Linkin Park than I could ever properly quantify and I keep desperately waiting to hear that SURPRISE, IT WAS A DREAM or something because I really don't believe it.

I finally got around to listening to the Jay-Z mashup album and the Numb/Encore one just wrecks me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcOwJh4F40M
pls ping me, ty!!

TURN OFF THE SUN // PULL THE STARS FROM THE SKY

quest | etc

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.