Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Ask me anything -- A hangout thread [still alive 12/12/2018]

Donator — Artist Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/12 18:51:19 )

@Eruca: Yeah, I read up on how much they changed the nelvana dub vs the original.. It's so stupid.. they like re-ordered the episodes.. and some got chopped out and spliced together. Back then same sex romance was frowned upon as was showing any significant romance at all in children's tv shows but like.. seriously. All that shit is fine today >_>" They did the exact same thing with Sailor moon too.. they just gotta leave shit alone x'D

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/12 19:42:33 )
@Rayon Declaire: Yeah! It's so unfortunate that the dub is cemented as a staple of my childhood. It could have been so much better. TT

But then again, I don't think it would have made a huge difference in my 12 yr old mind if Sakura and Madison relationship was romantic or not. If the kids in Japan could handle it, North American kids can handle it. lmao. Censors need to chill. I guess they understand that process a lot better now in the industry. After many failures. lol

Donator — Artist Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/12 20:10:16 )

@Eruca: Lets hope so ; v ;

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/12 20:15:36 )
@Rayon Declaire: A lot of the time, anime are licensed with just subs nowadays. They don't even worry about localization. It's like the publishers realizing "okay this is a japan thing. we don't have to americanize it for ppl to understand". but voice actors...

Also, it's impossible for me to multitask because I can't just listen to an anime. so I just don't watch anime anymore. ;;;; Sad.

Donator — Artist Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/12 22:18:57 )

@Eruca: Yeah, I always watch dubs if I can help it. There are a few that haven't been dubbed though and the plot really interested me so I gave them a shot. Like asura cryin' and soul link. <- warning a borderline hentai but the plot is really good. Apparently it was adapted from a visual novel. Most visual novels tend to be hentai's so I guess it couldn't be helped with the adaptation. xD

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/13 00:08:28 )
@Rayon Declaire: A lot of hentai gets dubbed for some reason... I guess it looses some of its appeal if you also have to read subs. lol

Most visual novels are hentai? This is brand new information! I'm probably too blinded by otome games to make good judgement tbh. lmao

Donator — Artist Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/13 20:02:49 )

@Eruca: xD a lot of the japanese sourced ones are. Air was originally a visual novel with hentai in it. as example

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/13 20:58:48 )
@Rayon Declaire: What's... air? lol...
Was that the one with a girl called Kanon? And a dude that walks around with a puppet?

Donator — Artist Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/13 21:13:55 )

@Eruca: xD main character is misuzu, air in summer special main is kanna. :P The guy with the pupput is Yukito Kunosaki

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/13 21:26:57 )
@Rayon Declaire: As big a fan of anime as I am, I am pretty selective in what I watch. lol So I'm totally ignorant about Most anime.

Recently, I had a bout of watching anime from the 80s and 90s and man, they were good!! Well the two I sampled anyway. People were intensely artsy back then. Now it's harder to find the really interesting stuff because of how big anime is in the mainstream. I got pickier too due to time constraints. :c

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/13 22:19:19 )
Oh this is a nice idea for a hangout... more people should do it xDD
first of all what does your username mean xD
and second will you add a mouth someday

Donator — Artist Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/14 07:10:50 )

@mdom: xD Rayon translates to ray. my whole name is supposed to mean ray of clarity, though a direct translation is ray of lightening however google gives me ray of enlightenment when I search each word individually. xD

Secondly, I'm adverse to putting a mouth, I tend to not on any avatar site I've been on xD

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/15 00:55:56 )
@rayon declaire: but then how would u eat that onigiri

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/15 04:32:31 )
@okios: onigiri are friends, no food!

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/15 05:17:53 )
@eruca: ok but i'm not thaat lonely yet

Donator — Artist Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/15 16:15:35 )

@okios: xD pixels don't need to eat >v>
Ping me if needed

I do pixels. check my shop

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/18 16:12:00 )
@okios: i guess i am then

love ur cyclopean skullie avatar btw.

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/19 01:58:09 )
@rayon declaire: i...i wasnt ready for that truth

@eruca: who hurt u
thanku btw

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/19 22:06:45 )
@okios: they came and gone and i didn't see their face
Ping me

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/20 03:25:25 )
@eruca: time to catch a thief

sayonara cheesecakes ( 0 ڡ≦)ゞ✩◄-gallery-►

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.