Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat So I went to the dentist

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/23 20:24:24 )

because I had a lot of pain in my mouth. I thought it was my gum again. But nop one of my tooth is ready to be gone. I had a bad experience in the past with tooth extraction so I am only letting it go when I am drugged (is that the right word?). But that might take some time before that can happen. Anyway they subscribed me some medicine since the ones you can buy at drugstores did nothing for me. Well I can tel you the pain got less. So you could say YAY. Unfortunaly no :( The pain killers made me nauseous. And I still feel that way after a couple of hours. So I gotta go back tomorrow and I will just wait and see what they have to say about that.

Voltie — Nayu Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/23 20:26:19 )
Nuuu pain. ;3;
I have a root canal scheduled Friday.. and my wisdom teeth scheduled for July. And then I gotta make an appt for fillings. I’m not excited...

I hate the dentist.

I hope your pain goes away.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/23 20:30:01 )

@Artemis: It will go away once that tooth is gone. And wow good luck on everything. That is quiete a lot.

Donator — hot bread Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/23 20:34:11 )
You and artemis are making me terrified of going back to the dentist even though I know I need to :vanora_sweat:

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/23 20:39:59 )

@artits: I was really afraid of the dentist. But where I go now they make time for you. So it made me less afraid.

Donator — hot bread Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/23 20:49:28 )
@vengeance: I haven't been in probably close to 7 years so I'm really nervous what I'll need done

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/23 20:52:40 )

@artits: Trust me. It was years before I went back to the dentist. And my dad well he hasn't been to one since I've been born (28 now). And probably even longer.

Voltie — Nayu Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/23 21:23:53 )
@vengeance: That’s what I get for not going for 8 years.. Makes me want to curl up and cry. Instead I just stress ate more trail mix... I’ve had so much of it.. ugh..

Donator — hot bread Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/23 21:50:57 )
@vengeance: 28 years!!! Omg. :vanora_sweat:

Sig art by me
Pixel base :www.deviantart.com/keimichi

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/23 22:11:04 )

I'm really weird in that I love going to the dentist, but I've only ever gone for cleaning and love when my teeth feel all nice and polished. Going to get a tooth pulled, though, that's definitely scary, especially if you've had a bad experience in the past.

Hopefully they'll be able to pull it out soon enough, before it causes more problems for you :C and it sucks when you can't even take anything for the pain, I know that feel. I'm allergic to pretty much everything. xD

One thing you might try is clove extract, or even chewing on a clove and then setting it on the problem tooth. They have eugenol which is a numbing agent, and clove is also a powerful antibiotic which can keep the tooth from getting worse. c:

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/23 22:13:28 )

@artits: He rather has his teeth to fall out and then visit a dentist.
@Artemis: Well atleast trail mix is good for you.
@Vii: I looked up clove extract and it told me it is also good for your sex drive XD

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/23 22:54:05 )
November 2017 - February 2018
Aww, Veng. I'm so sorry to hear that you're in pain due to your tooth. *Hugs* That's never any fun. I hope you can find something that works to lessen your pain soon.

Voltie — Nayu Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/24 00:36:53 )
@vengeance: I will also say Clove Oil is very potent from what I’ve read. If you use too much it’ll numb your mouth.

And yeah there’s that.. xD yay healthy

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/24 01:12:24 )

@vengeance: Well there's that too xD it's loaded with a lot of benefits really! I put a few drops on my wisdom tooth (it's erupting painfully) when it's bothering me and it tingles and then numbs my gums just a bit. After a while the pain is gone! c:
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/24 02:08:42 )

@vengeance:
I have a very colorful history of dental work:
- Oral surgery for a crowded mouth
- Neck gear
- Braces (I deeply resent Invisalign for not existing yet at the time)
- Fillings
- A partial root canal
- Bad tooth removals
Just to name some.

I get nerves when going in for procedures but I become quite comfortable almost instantly when the dentist begins and I take the novocaine. No biggie.

Just because you don't see me doesn't mean I'm not here. I'm a lurker.

Deals With the Devil

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/24 19:44:00 )

@Angelus: I've had braces as well.

@Vii: How long does it take before the pain come back when I use the oil?

Voltie — Nayu Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/25 13:15:01 )
@Angelus: Invisalign was available when braces were an option for me... but they wouldn’t let me use them. Said I needed braces anyway. So I didn’t do it..

Ugh I’m not ready for the root canal visit today.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/25 13:52:21 )

@Artemis: I wish you good luck. And here have a cute gif:

Voltie — Nayu Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/26 02:06:51 )
@vengeance: Aaaa it’s adorable!
It went really well. I didn’t do the anxiety medicine, or the laughing gas.. and I did ok.

I did find out the wisdom teeth surgery I won’t be under for.. so.. that should.. uh.. Hm.. I’m scared now.. LOL
Ping me for attention. I tend to wander.

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/26 07:41:55 )
Aw man I had to get a tooth pulled when I had braces and yeah I felt the shit and they had to do a whole second round of novicane shots which are literally out of my nightmares .___.

eeee ee eeee smoke weed everyday
(legitimately googled if this was pg-13 appropriate because I try to be a respectful stoner. So like you're welcome teenagers)
Working on a new signature.
PS-I LOVE PUGS

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.