Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/15 00:14:10 )
So, I'm finally going on my very first solo road trip. I'm driving about 11 hours south to go to South Carolina to go see my best friend of 12-13 years in about a week. I'm leaving on the 21st of May,
I just gotta say first that the longest road trip that I've ever been on (where I was the one driving) was only 3 hours. So, 3 hours is completely different than 11 hours. And the longest one I've been on was when I was just a wee lil child, so I don't remember much.
But, I was just wondering if you guys could give me some advise on some road trip things.
And also! I'm getting together a road trip playlist. If you could recommend me some songs thats good for a road trip, that would be fantastic!

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/15 00:58:30 )
Make sure to stretch your legs every few hours is my best advice for a road trip. Plenty of snacks. Any music I recommend will be metal and probably too long a list to fill a road trip sooo....
Good luck! Take all the pictures.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/15 01:03:04 )
@Glume: Im sure that theres going to be plenty of rest stops and stops at gas stations for me to stop at. I'm going to try to keep my phone charged to take all of the pictures. I'll probably post some on here. I'm just so excited to go on a road trip!

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/15 01:03:30 )

Make sure that you have enough food/water/snacks. Pee at every place you stop for gas and just before you leave to start the road trip.
Music is also your friend.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/15 01:06:27 )
@Totalanimefan: I've been trying to make a playlist for music. But, it's so hard, since I know so much music

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/15 01:09:08 )

@Zuggy: That’s ok. Anything that you know is good. You could put the radio on, but you will come across different stations as you travel.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/15 01:13:27 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah. Its going to be rough trying to go to each station trying to find something. But, about a week ago, I drove to Erie, PA and found thing bomb radio station

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/15 01:14:35 )

@Zuggy: Well that will work if you drive near there lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/15 01:16:06 )
@Totalanimefan: Sadly I won't. That's east of where I'm at and I'm going south. I probably wont even go into PA. Since I live in Ohio

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/15 02:15:07 )

Roadtrips are great fun! 8D It's always awesome to catch up with an old friend, too. The tips already listed here are solid--pack a cooler with water, Gatorade, and snacks! If you get the time or the chance, maybe try and take a little power nap (if that's your thing) somewhere in the middle to recharge. Also, you don't necessarily have to be this OCD but when I'm going on road trips I try not to let my gas go below half a tank, or at least carry some spare gas in the trunk. You never know what's going to happen!

Make sure to check all the fluids in your car (oil, brake fluid, transmission fluid, antifreeze/coolant etc) and make sure your tires are all filled up! Keep a blanket and/or towel in the trunk too.

As for the music, just load up on ALL of it. xD

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/15 03:04:00 )
@Vii: Thanks for the tips! I actually doubled checked all the fluid levels and everything on my broken soul yesterday. So, I just wanted to double check with that. Since I'm really weird about that with my car anyway. And I have spotify. So, Im going to go search on there for some new music to listen to. Hopefully I can fine some new songs.

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/15 04:56:20 )

@Zuggy: What kind of music do you typically listen to? O:
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/15 05:03:04 )
@Vii: I listen to pretty much anything except new age rap and and most metal. But, I was thinking of listening to some podcast. But, I don't know where to start with that

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/15 05:43:49 )
@Zuggy: Have fun!
call me grem
they/them

Donator — They/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/15 08:20:23 )

I hope your road trip goes well, I can't think of any tips that haven't already been suggested.
11 hours is a pretty long drive, hope you're leaving early so that you don't end up driving during the night.
(Avatar Closet)

Donator — Any Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/15 13:06:10 )
Oh man ive only ever been to Michigan, which is a state away.
Please ping me!

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/16 18:50:34 )
@nyreen: Thanks, I'll try to!
@Zuzu: I'm going to try to leave about 5 am so I can get there at a decent time. But, I'm not completely sure yet.
@Milkii: Man, I haven't been to Michigan in 4 years. Kinda want to go there again

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.