Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Your Fears?

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/14 03:30:54 )
Staff Memo:
This thread was locked due to inactivity, if you wish to unlock your thread please issue a ticket. Instructions to unlock thread found here.

What is something that you're afraid of?

I've found that over the past two years that I've grown to dislike heights more. I can't be on a balcony without feeling nervous and unsafe. Most of my nightmares involve a balcony breaking, me being inside a building that is collapsing ( and in a way that I often end up pressed against windows, watching as I descend to the ground ) and other height related stuff. I can't walk over bridges, or look down anywhere without feeling like I'm being pulled down. Even walking upstairs in my partner's house, he has a staircase and open area where you can see down. I feel nervous if I glance down. I have no idea why!
call me grem
they/them

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/14 03:44:39 )

I used to be afraid of heights, but not anymore. I overcame that when I went on a rollercoaster :P
I realized I was missing out on the fun things in life because fear was taking over it.
I guess my fear is speaking in front of people sort of like anxiety but only certain amounts of people. I feel like I'll be judged.

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/14 04:52:10 )
i guess japan's crackdown on piracy n stuff. i need my 2d waifus n husbandos. don't take away my only joy!!! (༎ຶ ਉ༎ຶ)

sayonara cheesecakes ( 0 ڡ≦)ゞ✩◄-gallery-►

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/14 09:35:43 )
I had a topic quite similar to this in chitchat, but I'll contribute: I'm scared of the bourgeoisie.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/14 14:39:13 )

The unknown. O.o I don't have a fear of heights so much as i do of falling. I love rollercoasters but climbing a rock wall (indoors, with a harness) is terrifying to me. Even getting on ladders is kinda scary. O: I also have weird nightmares wherein all my teeth fall out, so there's that too...
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — Puzzling Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/14 16:24:14 )

Heights and falling, which means no roller coasters for me. Nor standing on chairs just to get something out of my reach. I think this stemmed from when I was a lot younger, I climbed up a really high ladder to get something and my sister, who was holding the ladder, though it would be funny to wobble it. I lost my balance and fell right on my back >>;

Spiders. Can't even go near em to kill em. I have to leave the room if one is in the same one as me. Had a spider on the door once and was stuck outside for a bit.

Thunderstorms. I typically have to have headphones on during one.

Being in something I can't control. Like...if someone else is driving. I don't have this problem with everyone of course, but it happens especially when on a high way. Or when my sister is driving. But, that one is reasonable >> She keeps one hand on the wheel (if I'm lucky) and one on her phone. Plus speeds. >>; She will be the death of me.

Being in large crowds. I have social anxiety.

|

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/15 07:16:18 )
Pretty paralyzing fear of heights, I once climbed a castle and when I reached one of the towers, as I exited from it up top....I could not move, not a single part of my body would move except for my head for about 30 seconds, then I could barely start moving straight back down the stairs into the tower....also spiders, eff the spiders.

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/5 02:54:32 )
Deep water. Anything where I can't feel the bottom with my feet, but especially the ocean.
Sharks. Because fuck the ocean.
Windows. Because you never know when someone could just be looking in. Especially at night time when you have lights on so you can only see darkness outside.
Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.