Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/13 04:57:39 )
Do you ever have recurring places in dreams? I have them all the time and they're places I've never been to IRL. It's like they only exist in my dreams, and I go back to them sometimes.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/13 04:59:28 )

Sometimes, but most of the time I don't even remember my dreams >.<

Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/13 05:01:17 )
I don't remember all of mine, but I remember a lot of them. Like ones from years ago haha. xD

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/13 05:01:36 )

@Shark: Well, they'd be places you've at least seen, even if you haven't ever been.
Your dreams, or your subconscious, afaik, can only create form what your mind knows, or believes to know.

But to answer your question... maybe?
XD
I dunno. I never remember my dreams anymore

Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/13 05:03:53 )
@Lady Luna: How can that be proven exactly? just curious. Because I've definitely never seen these places.

Donator — she, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/13 05:05:25 )
I have a few reoccurring dreamscapes I have never seen in real life.

Most reoccurring nightmare dreamscapes are of my parents basement.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/13 05:05:41 )

@Shark: Technically it can't, but you may have seen them and not been paying attention.
Photos online
Movies
TV shows
Etc.

It's just studies and such.
iirc, it was found that unless it's a world/place you've created in your conscious mind, your subconscious can't recreate it.

Of course, don't quote me on this.
I'm not 100% sure I'm right, and even then, it's just stuff I've read over the years

Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/13 05:09:29 )
@Lithium: that sounds ominous

@Lady Luna: yeah I've definitely heard that before. I also heard that you can't see colors in dreams, and that you only remember the colors after you've woken up. LOL. I just... I can't believe that.
It could be from movies or whatever butttt they're just so unreal.

Donator — she, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/13 05:12:32 )
@shark: for some reason, the basement always have me weird vibes. I’m thinking that’s why.
Foever in my heart
Spookums 11/25/18
Angus 6/23/19
Mom 6/29/19
Dad 11/29/2021

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/13 05:15:56 )

@Shark: That's... an interesting tidbit of info.
I've never heard anything akin to that regarding the colours. Huh.

If that's true, that's kinda cool, actually.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator — nyan? Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/13 07:38:14 )
neko says;
I have dreams in my past schools quite a bit. o:

sell me rigs please♥

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/13 09:37:38 )
Nah the only familiar things that come to me are situations
or places that represent my house, but yet aren't quite the house i live in?? it's weird.
And somethings i have memories of places in dreams, from other dreams.
Sorry if Reply late!
Please ping me!

Questing

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/13 09:59:24 )
My knowledge of the dreamworld is vast and I'm a regular lucid dreamer. I have a special world in my dreams that I visit often. My subconscious built this world for me, but my conscious has a very minute bit of control over it. There is a city filled with color and light, the underneath of which is a bustling night-time market where you can buy weird food on sticks or gorgeous paper lanterns. The above-parts of the city are more high-tech, featuring fancy roller-coasters (I've only been on a roller-coaster once, and this was way after this part of my dreamland was established.) and the sky lights up with moving stars that put on amazing light shows for you if you stare too long. In the middle of the city stands a large gothic building filled with bougie victorian jerks and their servants. I often sneak in there and go through their oldtimey stuff, or try to stop their evil agendas. Part of this old gothic building is every school I ever went to melted into one. The bathrooms in this place are vile and disgusting. The teachers would rather not be there, and the students are hellions... (so not too far off from the real lololo...) My aunts house is in the middle of the city, its an amalgamation of every house she's ever lived in, stuck in perpetual winter. The back yard features glass-domed porches to better view the snowy tundra. The area surrounding the city is a vast wild land filled with all manner of fantasy creatures, where magic runs rampant. My childhood home is on the border between the bustling city and the no-mans land, its the only place that looks exactly as it does in real life. Every house on the street looks and behaves as it does when I'm awake, but the back road out leads right to the market area under the metropolis.

Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/13 17:22:10 )
I had another dream with a similar place o: There's this forest to the north-ish that leads to canada if I follow it through!

@Glume: oh gosh it's like a real place. o: I don't think I could describe my dreamscapes like that haha. "uhh it's like a place... that's cool looking..."

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/13 17:44:40 )
@Shark: I am very familiar with it. Its made with all the wrong angles, its fantastic.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/13 17:54:41 )
The only two reoccurring dreams that I've had are my sleep paralysis dreams where there's a dark figure in my room watching me. And the other being set during a zombie apocalypse where I'm a survivor and doing survivor stuff.

I always have extremely realistic and vivid dreams and always know when I'm dreaming.

Donator — They/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/14 08:16:34 )

There's a few locations in my dreams that I've dreamed on more than one occasion.
A school that is a bit like my high school but taller, more floors, more buildings, and a more old fashioned exterior and a courtyard or two.
aka nothing like my old highschool XD but it has a similar feel and layout.

other locations i've dreamed about include my bedroom/house.
and a mall that is a combination of malls.
(Avatar Closet)

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/18 19:30:49 )
@nyreen: Sleep paralysis and shadow people are common for a lot of people but especially narcoleptics. I'm on the fence between paranormal activity and just random brain function. Its weird we all see the same things. Perhaps my brains ability to access different waves instantly also makes it open to seeing past the paralell-universe veil. Or maybe I just hallucinate wildly when I sleep. The world may never know!

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/19 14:58:22 )
@Glume: it's defs very realistic and vivid, which makes it a little scary. I just always know that I'm dreaming and usually try to wake myself up when I know by trying to move or speak.
call me grem
they/them

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/19 16:18:00 )
@nyreen: See, I know I'm dreaming too, but I also know that I scratched one in the face and felt it under my fingernails. The brain is so strange.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.