Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games Stardew Valley players? (Multiplayer???)

Voltie — Tenno Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/8 23:04:37 )

Does anyone else play this game? I'm pretty happy that multiplayer came out, and I'm playing it with a good friend of mine.

I'd love to play with anyone else with this game, mostly since it gives me a break from another game. xD

Edit: I forgot to mention that multiplayer play is in beta right now.

Voltie — Tenno Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/8 23:08:15 )

@SirLionelNigelConrad: Nothing wrong with that, so far it is pretty fun. I haven't encountered any bugs yet with my friend. The only thing I wish is that I could move my friend's cabin, but that is about it. I'm just waiting for the night market for the winter part of the game. I haven't gotten to that part yet.

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/8 23:09:03 )
There is still quite a few bugs with multiplayer from what I have experienced. Desyncing makes things kinda frustrating. Sometimes you lose progress on skills when you disconnect.

Always ping me please.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/8 23:52:24 )
Im obsessed with stardew valley!!!!
have not played in a hot minute though!
Do you play on pc or console?

Voltie — Baby Yoda Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 00:14:48 )

I love stardew valley :)
I'm waiting for multiplayer to come to the xbox :)

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 00:22:15 )
I play Stardew almost every night with a good friend of mine :)
And before that, I played it almost religiously xD

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 00:47:45 )
I play Stardew Valley, but have never liked the idea of multiplayer due to griefers and just the general troll. I don't want someone running around and mucking up my farm that I worked hard on to build and customize. I'd honestly only play with people I trust and only one at a time so I could keep track of them. <_<
Is there a way to still play single player? Is it a separated from the original Stardew like what was done with Don't Starve. (where there's Don't Starve then Don't Starve Together which is the multiplayer) Or is it sort of like how Animal Crossing New Leaf is set up where you have "gate" to let certain people through when you are online, but when offline no one can through the gate?
I haven't played in awhile and have been trying to find time to play again. But with that type of game I like to have hours of game play time, but I've just not had enough free time to just sit and play for hours and hours on end.
Honestly if I were to play online I'd most likely make a whole entirely different save file specifically for multiplayer because I've made way to much progress in making my dream farm in my first save file for it to be messed with because I let in the wrong person.
I'm sorry for all the distrust and suspicion, but I've played on a Minecraft server before and griefing was rampant on that. My house was destroyed multiple times. Even the village I was in was griefed many times. I actually fell in one of the griefs and had to teleport out. After that I just decide that if crafting, building things, and farming was involved then single player was always the better way to go. I've never set foot on that server again. Or any server for that matter.
I will play on MMOs, but not ones where my house and farm can be destroyed. :P

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 01:01:38 )
Oh, snap. I play the heck out of this whenever I'm between games. I did not know it was multi-player yet. I do hope it has more of a 2p co-op feel... as stated above, it could be super annoying to play with any rando.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 01:33:49 )
@Faust Sheep: Ahhh I read through your comment
And as far as I can tell, multiplayer is through invite code/steam invite or LAN, it's not like a server where anyone in the can join~
Not sure how it will work on consoles though, I'm assuming through invite as well ^^
And you totally can still play single player <3
So if you spend hours on a personal farm you can either add cabins to your existing farm to invite friends to play, or you can make an entirely new farm specifically for co-op (What I do)

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 01:41:11 )
Ahhhh @Glume I meant to ping you too but derped xD

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 01:41:36 )
@Kaybit: Ah, okay. I'm fine with that.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 01:43:12 )
And since the beta is opt in anyway, you don't really have to be a part of the beta if you don't want to ^^

//forgot to add that ^^;

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 01:44:11 )
THEY WEREN'T MY SERVERS! And no not all Minecraft servers are private. There are PUBLIC servers. Do NOT attack me because you misread my post.

I apologize to the person who made this thread for my outburst, but a certain someone needs to learn to read through other people's post carefully and to treat others with respect and not in a condescending fashion.
Also I'm just going to add this, that every time my house was griefed a mod was always there and would repair my house with a roll back. Also whoever had griefed my house and the town was banned every single time. (adding that there were multiple people who did it so I don't get attacked again.) So I'd say the policing was decent. Getting griefed is still annoying and obnoxious so that is why I left that server that I did not make (that was also a PUBLIC server) and have not been on a server since.

Donator — ~love~ Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 02:21:52 )
SO fun story, I was looking around for a new game to play and since I've always told myself to try it, I bought it a few days ago lol. It's so cute! How do you get to multiplayer? Even if it's in beta I'm curious!

awesome art by okios <33

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 03:27:46 )
@cedes: Someone did a really easy to follow video on how to opt in ^^

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 03:39:08 )
@KayBit: Thanks.
I don't think I'll be using the multiplayer. Like I previously mentioned in my post I'm not fond of multiplayer and avoid it if things can be destroyed by others. I'm glad there is a way to opt out and I do not think I will ever opt in.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 04:36:50 )
@Faust Sheep: Yeah I don't blame you ^^ I really only use the multiplayer stuff with really close friends ^^
Even if you don't use the multiplayer, the new beta has a lot of single player content~ So if you opt into the beta you don't have to ever use the multiplayer~

Art Dump | Art Shop | Toyhou.se

Voltie — Tenno Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/10 14:58:04 )

@Saeyra: I haven't encountered that yet, but I'll have to keep that bug in mind.

@Austiderps: I'm on PC. :) Mostly since I don't have a PS4. xD I wish I did though, I really wanna play the Last Guardian.

@Vladimir: I'm sure you won't have to wait too long. I'm gonna guess at least a month or two. They just wanna make sure that they get all of the bugs out first, which is smart.

@Faust Sheep: Its all good, I did read down after you made your post. I honestly don't blame you on that though. I wouldn't want my hard work to go to vain as well. But the farm that I started up, my friend and I started from scratch, then I added in a few mods to make the game a bit more interesting. One thing is for sure, the both of us wouldn't do anything to ruin your crops. If you weren't online, I'd make sure to water them for you or harvest and put them in a box for you. But there are options to play with friends only as well as invite only. I don't really have many friends that play the game, so I just have it set to friends only. The only complaint that most people have on the game is that you share the money you make. So if someone bought over 100 parsnip seeds, it went out of the funds for you to get a new backpack or something from the traveling merchant. But my friend and I really kept stuff managed on that.

@Glume: Lucky you don't have to worry about that. xD And I know how it is with playing with randos. Most of the randos that I've played on warframe are usually jerks. :/ I stopped playing on public and just went solo after that. xD

@cedes: KayBit got to it first, which is fine. :)

Voltie — Nayu Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/15 11:21:37 )
@Queen Prisma: I play on my Switch.. does that count? Lol
Ping me for attention. I tend to wander.

Voltie — Tenno Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/16 00:25:25 )

@Artemis: Counts to me, lol. XD My boyfriend wants a switch. He loves Zelda and really wants to play Breath of the Wild. I wish I could get him one, but I don't have a job. Dx
Please ping me to get my attention

Pixel art by me
Click here for my twitter and other things.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.