Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 01:30:54 )

[x]

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 01:35:46 )
@Apollo Im Burning: Aww. Starting from seedlings can be a lot of work. They need a bit of care unless you are growing beans or corn. If you wanted to try again, I would get an actual plant. Honestly, I grow cactus and succulents mostly at my home. I keep them in my room, and I have bamboo in my bathroom. If you had a place you would like to try to grow something again, let me know. I can help you pick something out. ^^
And yes, actually I do. The trick is getting them from point a to point b. My computer is run by gremlins. They don't like uploading for some reason, among other things.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 01:49:39 )

[x]

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 02:02:22 )
@Apollo Im Burning: I have stalks of bamboo in a big vase with some pretty glass chips in it. You just keep it full of water. For the moment I also have a squishy moss ball floating in it too. It needed a temporary home.
Succulents can go pretty much anywhere. They just don't great in dark. I keep some in my windowsill and water them from my fishtank when i remember.
The things I grow outside, I actually keep in pots. There's too much sand in the soil in Florida. So its hard to keep water in, and I don't have a sprinkler system. So I have to hand water everything outside. I also have a raised vegetable garden. One box is full of potatoes, the other has zucchini and tomatoes in it.

I'll work on sending you some photos to share though. ^^

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 02:08:11 )
@Apollo Im Burning: the eyeshadow no, bit everything else I have.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 02:31:13 )

@Apollo Im Burning: I found you!
=P

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 08:47:06 )
Now it is raining, maybe I'll work on clay mermaid and painting rocks today we will have to wait and see.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 14:47:55 )

[x]

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 23:15:51 )
@Apollo Im Burning: Hello poppet. I just got home from work, so I might be slow posting...or possibly disappear from falling asleep. lol
As to something to add...himm...perhaps if people do choose to stick around, a list of sorts of what people dabble in? So if someone comes in with a question or something, we can go.."oh this person might know!"
But yea, bamboo is pretty easy. You can buy single stalks at like garden shops usually. Well I really have my other moss balls in my fish tanks, for my fish and invertebrates to nibble on. But this one got too big, and I wanted to put it in one of those little bubble tanks you put on the wall. I'm currently slowly redoing my bathroom piece by bit. So for now it hangs out with the bamboo so it dosen't dry out. Honestly, I water mine when I remember. xD But at least once a week. I like going and finding tea cups and mugs or whatever and planting them in. Then I just carry them to the sink like once a week and add a little bit of water to them.
I've been growing vegetables for years off an on. I usually grow some at work for an example of products and how toos. Then I have something going on at home. I've grown stuff different ways, pots, shallow ground...right now I have raised beds about...2 1/2 ft tall and 4x4 ish....I have one box full of potatoes. Little reds, cause I like making potato salad with them and they produce really well. And I'm trying purple potatoes this season. They usually take about 3-4 months to grow down there...But you just water, food sometimes and wait. ^^ In my other bed I have tomatoes and zucchini squash. The heat and humidity ramped up fast this year, so the tomatoes might be done soon. They don't like the heat and start withering up. But that's just a florida thing. I know other states can go year round. So I will think about what to plant after I pull them up. I could do corn, its easy to grow. But I have a deer problem. lol

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 23:21:42 )
@Apollo Im Burning: Haha, I had this weird absence from Nier: Automata where I just stopped playing for a while, and now I'm playing everyday again in an attempt to collect all the endings. It's a fantastic game but I can see where, after reaching a certain point, continuing would be difficult.
I've never actually gotten into arts and crafts, but I'm very glad you have various hobbies. Gaming's great and all, but sometimes disconnecting is a necessary thing in today's world.
Thank you! When I saw her, I couldn't help but plug her into my sig since she's super cute. I hope you and others find some joy staring at it as I do. C; ...for long periods...

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/10 00:10:28 )

@Apollo Im Burning: Cookies... are actually really easy to bake. You should try!

@Dowan: I love that animated image in your sig, darlin'.
Also, how've you been?

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/10 01:19:40 )
@Lady Luna: Thanks man. C;
I've been better, but I'm surviving. What's goin' on with you?

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/10 01:25:13 )

[x]

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/10 01:32:32 )
@Apollo Im Burning: I made mushroom rissotto tonight with chicken, and green beans and mushrooms, I cut up some strawberries earlier today for dessert

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/10 01:34:54 )

[x]

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/10 01:35:20 )

@Dowan: Well, surviving is good.
Wish I could help make things better though =(

And I've been alright. Testing a new method of arting artm. So yay.

@Apollo Im Burning: You can make vegan cookies. Priceier, and less tasty, but possible.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/10 01:43:24 )
@Apollo Im Burning: I leave my rocks around town for others to find my art. I put a little bit of Stevia. I don't think we have much sugar. Dinner was very yummy though. I haven't ate any strawberries yet I did earlier today when I cut them up
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/10 02:06:41 )

[x]

pls don't

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/10 02:07:44 )

@Apollo Im Burning: I'm more for brownies, to be honest.
Although for cookies... either peanut butter, chocolate chip or wafer

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/10 02:48:54 )
@Apollo Im Burning: That's ok, I feel asleep. Then I woke up feeling like I was hit by a truck. lol
I made myself some food and now I'm here. Though I will likely dissappear for a bit. I'm going to have my mom color my hair for me.
If I had straight hair, I could likely do it myself. But I have very curly hair, and its hard to get all the sides of every curl when you can't see what the heck your doing.
And sure! I"m always up for helping people. And yes, that is the tank I'm going to get. They arn't really made for fish. Perhaps a betta fish, but that's it. So I'm going to do one with the moss ball and some pretty stones and things.My bathroom is full of skulls, so likely one in there too. lol
And your not clueless, you just haven't learned yet. ^^ There's nothing wrong with that.
From what I understand, purple potatoes have more vitamins and health benefits in them. Apparently it's whatever makes them purple. Same with other purple vegetables. That and they are just friggin cool. I'll take a picture of my box now, and a couple more as they go. ^^
Food as in fertilizer. I take a 5 gallon bucket, scoop some fertilizer for flowers and vegetables in it, make it into a big bucket of kool ade, and then dump it in the raised beds. Vegetables like to be fed, like once a week while they are growing and producing.
And where I live, deer roam freely. And they like to taste and eat everything in your yard. Especially soft leaved plants. Everything I am growing right now has some sort of texture to the leaves and stems, and they don't like that feeling. So they don't bother them. Corn plants are like ice cream to them. So I never really grow any. lol And the potato plant (the green part that grows above ground,while the potatoes grow on the roots below) is poisonous to them. So I don't have to worry about them eating it.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.