Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I'm single now.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/5 14:30:17 )
We were together getting close to two years.

I hurt. My eyes hurt. I cried myself to sleep yesterday.

Drank lots of water during, at least.

But... It hurts. I prompted it. It is rough knowing you are more invested in the other person, and they are willing and able to leave you at any moment. Especially in such a long relationship.

He confirmed it yesterday, too.

Then said I'll probably never make the 'connection' with someone, because I never talk. I talk, just about things he doesn't care about. He was playing dirty with that one.

Yep..

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/5 14:34:42 )
I was in a lot of relationships where I was told I didn't talk enough. Turns out I was trying to be with the wrong people. It sucks now but you'll have people in your life that appreciate what you've got to say soon enough.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/5 14:35:55 )

*puts a band-aid on Pixel's heart*
Bleh, it sucks when you're more emotionally invested than the other person. But it's best to do what you've done in those situations, so you can regain control of your life and find someone who will care as much about you as you do about them, and who won't play mind games like that. Congratulations on being free, and hang in there. <3

[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/6 02:54:31 )
I’m sorry you’re going through that :(

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/6 03:57:55 )

@Pixel: I’m so sorry. There are no words that can make it better. :(
I would give yourself 3-5 days to mope about it, cry, and let it be all that you think about.
After that I would try to work on getting past it. Rediscover a hobby, try something that you always wanted to try, make new friends? Hang out with some people you care for, like friends or family. Get lost a game, art, music, etc.
Go for walks or to the gym, that will really help you clear your head.
You have a long and hard road ahead of you, but you can do it.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/6 21:26:45 )

My condolences.
Nothing can make such an experience better or any semblance of alright but it will eventually turn from a grievance to a lesson that will make you stronger.

Pain is a seed that grows something new.

Just because you don't see me doesn't mean I'm not here. I'm a lurker.

Deals With the Devil

Donator — pancake Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/6 22:22:10 )
Dude, I feel you.
Well not as bad.
He really sounds like a dick.
I'm just stuck in a loveless relationship.
I tried to end it almost a month ago, but he said he wanted another chance to prove himself, and I love him, so I gave it to him...
It's starting to feel like a mistake, though.
Idk.
Prolonging the inevitable...?
:vanora_unamused:

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/7 04:09:46 )
I do feel much better after Friday night's cry out.

One of my coworkers, who is now becoming a great friend, kept me distracted most of the weekend. Finally started to leave to get food around 4pm Saturday, he texted asking for a ride. I was waiting for it, the Cinco de Drinko festival was going on and I told him to tell me when to come get him.

Don't drink and drove, yo. Also made him take me to where he parked his car (he already forgot, so we searched the general area for roughly 45min and found it). I made'm move his valuables, I noted where it was, and took him back to my apartment. xD We were planning to go back out later, together. He napped 'til midnight, though. Woke up we went to Denny's for food (pancakes, also walking distance), and I got drunk along with him on 3/4th bottle of Pink Moscato wine as we watched movies. Only dropped him back off 2-3 hours ago to his car, watched more movies today. He remembers none of his drunken self, which is funny.

The first time he woke up, he was so confused/worried. He had no idea where he was, he had never been in my apartment before. Also, my cat loves him, and gave him free belly pets.

... It was honestly a great, stress-free time.
Also Pixel on Solia.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/7 04:34:58 )
@Pixel: I know it hurts but if there was an imbalance and they weren't willing to fight for what you have or correct their behavior, then you're better off without them. Like Nigel said, I also can't promise that you'll meet someone, but you just might. Keep your head up, keep doing what you love and never settle for anything less than you deserve.
call me grem
they/them

Donator — nyan? Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/7 05:10:04 )
neko says;
Honestly if that's how he treats you in such a vulnerable state, you deserve better anyway.

sell me rigs please♥

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.