Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Quests ✌ || A Common Quest (u: 05/06)

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 05:13:34 )

@rheostatic: For sure.
I let Fozzy know of this bug, I'm sure it'll be fixed soon.
Good thing you stopped haha, I asked Fozzy to remove the 500 volts I got from the daily chance.

Voltie — he | him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 05:14:32 )
@Mica: Thank-you so much for the items <3 That was very kind of you.

@RainbowPanda: ; /// ; oh yeah I would hate to know what some spammers could do to a bug like that ;;

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 05:16:51 )
&bull; v &bull;
@rheostatic: :vanora_smile: You're very welcome! Welcome to Voltra! I hope you have lots of fun here and enjoy the on-going event! (I also love how neat you are, it speaks to me pleasantly)

Voltie — he | him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 05:21:17 )
@Mica: Thank-you! I'm actually really enjoying the community here! Reminds me of the pre-Tektek-Closing Recolor days. Everyone is really nice.

I haven't had much time to get into the event. Full time job and all that jazz. But it's really cute how involved the staff are with it! I really like the character Static, and it's not because my name includes it I SWEAR.

Neat on the forums, living in literal mess irl *thumbs up*

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 05:24:34 )

@rheostatic: mhm, I'm sure they'll find out if anyone spams it and just take away whatever extras they got

Voltie — he | him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 05:27:01 )
@RainbowPanda: ; /// ; I hope my misunderstanding didn't count as a spam! Though I'm unsure they could really tell the difference there ;; rip.

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 05:31:15 )
&bull; v &bull;
@rheostatic: I'm glad that you're enjoying the community, it's often a make or break for most people. I'm generally a hermit though, sticking to my art shop because whatissocializing. But I'm super happy you've gotten a warm welcome.

Understandable. :D I'd try to get a post or two in in each daily event thread for a free event item but of course no pressure. I'm so glad you like Static though! :vanora_heart:

Shh, there's just something about neat lists and people who like to use google sheets! :bernard_happy:

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 05:32:07 )

@rheostatic: I'm sure it won't :) seeing as you stopped.

Voltie — he | him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 05:34:41 )
@Mica:
Honestly, unless the community is utter shite I could find my niche and stay with it. It's just a welcoming relief. I did moderation on recolor and I dealt with some of the nastiest people... it makes you not want to go back honestly. I just hope this site stays this way for quite some time!

Yeah I was like "wow I didn't really contribute more than going 'Hey, I'm at work' so I don't think i deserve the item but thanks???" I don't have off till Sunday at the earliest so it's gonna be me just peeking at those threads.

LOL I did it cause I flip numbers ALL THE TIME so it's there so I don't screw up my math ;;;;

Voltie — he | him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 05:35:15 )
@RainbowPanda:

; /// ; oh good. *stops buying clothes just in case*

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 05:41:28 )
&bull; v &bull;
@rheostatic: Ooh a moderator position? Yeah I can imagine, it's like with any customer support job... people, man, they're crazy. I don't think we can escape them though, especially if the site grows. I do agree with you, I hope it stays friendly for a long time!

Hehe well, it's still a little something! :D I'm a sucker for collecting items myself so I'd be all over it. :vanora_xd:

Voltie — he | him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 05:45:56 )
@Mica: Yee, for about a year and a half. I also work in customer service (as a manager no less) so I burnt out hella quick lol. Yeah, there will eventually be some bad apples but the reason rec fell into the state is because the community back then was not as active. So when a not as great, but more active community came there... well it overran them. The main point is to be active. Keep the positivity.

Well if you want the method to my madness, let me know!!!!

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 05:52:46 )

@rheostatic: hahaha I'm sure it's fine

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 05:53:15 )
&bull; v &bull;
@rheostatic: A year and a half! That's an admirable amount of time to stay in customer service, for both on and offline. Yikes! XD That is true though and in addition to keepin' up the activity is to enforce the good behavior in a pleasant way... in sort of a balancing act.

Well, what maddness would you be introducing me with?

Voltie — he | him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 06:00:02 )
@RainbowPanda: ; /// ; Yeah but I'm about to pass out so probably better for me to go shopping for stuff tomorrow anywho lol

@Mica: I'm about to floor you if you think that's impressive. I've worked for the same retail job for 7 years and been a manager for nearly 2. I guess that's what made me a decent moderator. It was just a losing battle though: no matter how hard we tried, people just hated us.

Actually, some of my favourite moments as a moderator was when I was allowed to professionally give them the what for. Had this guy who would pretend to not only be his brother on another account, but his FATHER all claiming these bugs were happening. The bugs weren't real, no one else was experiencing them, but they were... SO INSISTENT. Then, one of them showed a screenshot of the inspect page with the 'issue', and I--somewhat versed in html/css and general jquery--realised how they were faking the 'issue', caught them red handed, and promptly told them to stop wasting our time with non-issues while explaining how I could tell they were lying their angle-side-sides off.

the wonders of placeholder.com and the ability to make white images in varying sizes with some minor code adjustments.
Also the lovely drag and drop feature of multiplication and addition I got on my sheeeets.

Voltie — he | him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 06:01:56 )
Righto, I got work in the morning so let me go pass tf out. Night all, I'll respond in the morning!

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 06:06:29 )
&bull; v &bull;
@rheostatic: DUDE. Dude. That's a LONG time! I'm sorry that people still hated you guys, though. :'( I admittedly see my Mom sometimes be one of those infuriating customers and it makes me want to crawl in a hole.

Oh, what the heck? What was even the purpose of the whole mess? I don't really see a gain from insisting there are (shadow) bugs and posing as their families... that's so crazy. Was it just trolling!?

Alright. Words cannot express how badly I want to be introduced to that madness. But! Get a good nights rest first. :D Sleep well!

Voltie — he | him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 12:35:48 )
@Mica: My first and only job, it's all I know tbh. Idek why I'm there anymore. The pay is crap and my current team is shit. God knows, guess I'm too lazy to find something else. And yeah, the first mod team was ACTUALLY corrupt so any team that followed was treading water with that. Eeee yeah my friend's mom is also like that ;;

I don't even know???? I have ZERO clue. I see him post on Gaia too and it's just... really wierd.

Ehehehehe. Placeholder.com is the best coders tool ever.
call me rheo
(please don't capitalise it)

sail with me into the dark

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 13:46:52 )

@rheostatic: Lol I fell asleep
I should shop for things too but I gotta do my schoolwork

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 14:57:51 )
&bull; v &bull;
@rheostatic: Hey man, it's better than no job! I still commend you for lasting so damn long though, I'd have cried myself to sleep everyday dealing with people. D:

This. site. is. amazing. :vanora_heart: Where as it all my life? I've never known for something so glorious to exist.. It opens so many doors! I'm so excited to reformat my threads now!

Apparently out of a gig. --v
RLC Commissions always available! PM me or add me on discord: micami#8341

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.