Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Bug Reports Weird log out issue when posting

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 01:18:58 )

Every time I post something as of three posts (not counting this one) ago I've been getting message at the top of the screen. "please log in so that you can post" I refresh the page after copying the post and I'm already logged in and the message has already gone through.

Not quite sure what is going on here and I figured I'd say something incase something weird in the coding is going on.

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 01:23:15 )

@Shadami: Hmmm, I haven't touched anything that should effect user sessions, but perhaps my tinkering around with the server could be to blame--I'm trying to fix our time bug, but it's like trying to plug a bunch of tiny holes in a dam. xD Thank you for the heads up, though! I'll take a look at the configs to see if anything looks funny.

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 01:23:43 )

Also, I totally just got the same error trying to post, but it went through.... hmmmm

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 01:26:19 )

Just found out someone else is having the same issue. So something wonky happened. It looks like it is going to be somewhere with the auto log us out every hour or so feature.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 01:27:30 )

Also yay!! I'm so glad you're working on that right now! Though it's been pretty amusing. :3

Donator — squid Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 01:27:52 )
i'm also now experiencing this issue, but it hasnt actually logged me out and posts still go through.
Just your friendly neighbourhood Goddess.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 01:30:46 )

Yeah refreshing once seems to do the trick. I wish my text box wasn't being so wonky right now though on chrome and was the normal full size. Is this just a thing my computer is doing Or is anyone else getting that. (completely irrelevant... I know >.<) It startss full size and than when i click into it, it's super tiny.

It's only on chrome, and I've been putting up with it all day. (firefox is fine) I figured it had to do with grammarly i have installed. But I turned it off and it is still doing this.
Also it's not having a hard time even letting me click into the box on some threads now. Which just started since I got the log out issue.

Clicking on the box. clicking on another tab, and than clicking back suddenly sticks the "you are typing" cursor into the box so i can actually post.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 01:49:13 )

sorry the firefox chrome this is about my second issue. xD But I'll try clearing cookies and see if it helps me with that one.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 01:51:59 )

@Shadami: it IS grammar that causes it. At least that's what fozzy told me ages ago before the blackout when I asked him.

As for it not fixing after disabling on volt, try a refresh of the browser? I'm not sure.

But I can confirm it's grammar. As far as I'm aware, anyway

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 01:53:29 )

Thanks Luna! :D I figured it was, it was the new thing that popped up where it wasn't letting me click into it that cropped up right at the same time as this log out thing that I was wondering if there was something else going on.

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 01:57:10 )
So a removed spellcheck and cleared all cookies and data from firefox. Its still happening.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 01:59:20 )
Ayy I was just about to report this. :o

also I'm using Chrome if that helps. I can also track down the version if necessary
pls ping me, ty!!

TURN OFF THE SUN // PULL THE STARS FROM THE SKY

quest | etc

Voltie — he | him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 01:59:22 )
It just happened to me too. I'm gonna write this post grammatically correct to see if it helps?

Edit: Nope, still got the popup. Least the posts are going through. Just mildly annoying to have to refresh.
call me rheo
(please don't capitalise it)

sail with me into the dark

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 01:59:54 )

@Saeyra: I wish I could help you out with Firefox. I use Chrome myself. DX

@Shadami: no problem.
Although it could also be something else. I'm not a coder and aware of every little detail fo things. Merely reiterating what I'd been told before.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 02:00:47 )
same prob here.

sayonara cheesecakes ( 0 ڡ≦)ゞ✩◄-gallery-►

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 02:03:06 )
@Lady Luna: Oh well its probably great cos my cookies needed clearing anyways. I am just letting people know what doesn't work :vanora_smile:

Always ping me please.

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 02:20:39 )

Gosh, I haven't even touched the session data, but I was looking at the page it's on, so I must have done something to that particular file... *sifting noises, followed by the clang of a crowbar against something metallic*

Donator — He Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 02:23:05 )
Yeah got the same issue with chrome & firefox on android

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 02:32:39 )

@SirLionelNigelConrad: GDI Nigel you know I can't do that!! xD y u do dis

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 02:46:22 )

Alright making a test post now... *crosses fingers*
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.