Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Emotions and Promotions

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/8 23:24:54 )
"Here is fine." he replied.

"I'm a representative of the hotel." he told her.

"We would just like to apologize for the inexcusable behaviour of the concierge." he said. "Rest assured, he has been relieved of his duty, and a replacement is being brought in." he continued.

"And to apologize, the rest of your stay is on the house." he then said.

"As well as anything from the minibar, and any room service." he added.

"We do hope this makes up for the negative experience." he finished.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/8 23:28:52 )

Erica just smiled softly.

"Thank you." She said. "It is wonderful that no one else has to deal with his snark here." She then said.

"And I appreciate the accommodations, as well." She added after a couple of seconds.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/8 23:50:52 )
The man then handed her a business card.

"If there's anything else we can do for you, let us know." he told her.

"Anything at all." he said.

"Thank you for choosing to stay with us." he continued.

"And apologies again for this unpleasantness."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/8 23:55:00 )

Erica accepted the card with a friendly smile.

"It's all right. It's been dealt with." She commented. "Therefore, no lasting issues."

"And thank you for dealing with this swiftly." She added. After they'd said their farewells, she headed off, still planning on going to get some food.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 00:01:06 )
As she headed off, she noticed the weather was clouding up even more, and it was clearly going to rain soon.

But thanks to Rene, she didn't mind getting soaked. In fact, she rather liked it. But that was a side-effect of being raised by a mythical water being.

Regardless, she now had a week's free stay at the hotel, and the concierge was gone.

Rene had truly pulled through on this.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 00:09:52 )

Erica took a few days to debate whether or not she should move, and it wasn't until near to when her flight was due back that she finally came to a decision.

And that was why she was waiting to speak with Sharp again at some point, whenever it was that he was free. She was sitting in the waiting area, knowing that he had a couple of busy appointments to deal with first.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 00:51:03 )
She was waiting for a few hours, before the secretary smiled at her.

"He'll see you now, Miss Calder." she told her.

Erica then made her way inside, where she saw Sharp take a quick shot of some spirits, before he pinched his forehead.

"Some people REALLY know how to push my buttons..." he muttered, before sighing.

"Hello again, Miss Calder." he then greeted her with a smile.

"Please have a seat."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 01:02:14 )

Erica just laughed.

"Trust me, I know the feeling." She commented.

"The general public loooves pushing buttons." She added as she made her way over and sat down.

"Were you able to sort through the issues though?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 01:24:57 )
"I was." Sharp replied.

"Thankfully." he said.

"Now." he then said further.

"I can only assume you've come to me in regards towards your decision to work here or no." he commented.

"Have you made a decision?" he asked her.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 01:27:12 )

"That entirely depends." Erica started.

"Would I be mandated to move immediately?" She asked.

"Or would I be able to be stationed back home for a bit?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 01:53:14 )
"Whatever would work best for you." Sharp responded.

"I have agents working all over the world, stationed all over the world." he told her.

"Granted, it's handier to have them closer to HQ, but it's not mandatory." he continued.

"Feel free to be stationed back where you live, however long you like." he said further.

"How does that influence your decision?" he asked with a smile.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 01:56:01 )

Erica just smirked.

"Quite a lot, actually." She answered.

"Since I really don't wanna leave my pussy cat, and I know he'd likely not survive such a drastic move." She added with a light laugh.

"Beyond that, I'd love to join in. If I can be of use to you, moreso than I can be for Interpol or the council, then sign me up." She then said.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 02:18:10 )
Sharp's smile widened.

"Excellent." he replied.

"Now... you will be a full-time agent." he told her.

"And the chances of you being called in here to interrogate someone are high." he went on.

"However, we have many workarounds for you to deal with." he continued.

"If you cannot secure a reliable mana transport here, we will be more than happy to provide you with an item personally crafted for you, so that you can be here at a moment's notice." he explained.

"Would that be something you would be interested in?" he then asked.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 02:21:17 )

"While I do have someone I can ask, I';m not sure how reliably I could rely on him, especially considering the timezone differences." Erica started with a chuckle.

"And I don't think he'd like me waking him up if it's early, just for a trip." She paused a moment.

"So.. yeah. An item to help with that would be a godsend, I think."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 02:35:10 )
"Very well." Sharp replied.

"We will need a small sample of your mana, though." he told her.

"But we'll make sure to collect it in a very safe and discreet manner, before you leave." he assured her.

"Other than that, here." he said, pushing a piece of paper towards her.

"Employment agreement." he told her.

"Fill it out, and once we mail the transport item to you, you will officially be an employee." he said.

"But feel free to read through that." he then added.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 02:39:30 )

Erica nodded.

"Of course." She said before getting to reading the form. She'd learned a lot while living with Kalin for so long. She could decipher a lot of Legalese with little problem. Twas one of the benefits of living with a lawyer.

After about ten minutes she'd finished reading it and egan filling everything out. It wasn't something that took long either.

"How do you recommend collecting a mana sample? I can't really actively cast it out or anything, not really."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 02:54:20 )
"Well, we have the technology to extract a tiny portion from your mark." he told her.

"But... it may not work." he admitted.

"Ultimately, the best way is to get someone that has the same mana as you, and they'll be able to safely and properly take a small amount." he told her further.

"But your kind of mana and such is rare." he went on.

"Can you think of anyone that could safely take some from you?" he asked.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 02:55:44 )

"Honestly, I have no idea." Erica answered with a sigh as she finished filling ou tthe form and returning it to Sharp.

"The only person that even stands a chance, I think, would be Azazel." She added. "Since he didn't seem to be affected - at all - by my arm when I showed it to him because he was curious."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 03:18:05 )
"I see." Sharp replied.

"Well, then we shall get him here, and see if he can't get the job done." he commented.

"But this is only if you're comfortable with giving us a portion of your mana." he then told her.

"Some people aren't, and nobody would blame you, given the specific nature of your abilities." he went on.

"Are you sure?" he asked, looking over the form.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 03:22:03 )

"Hey, if it's better to have, then I'm all for it." Erica stated before pausing.

"Actually... would it be possible to get a little extra? I know someone that would love to study it... and maybe, just maybe, I'd be able to get more information on it that way."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.