Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Emotions and Promotions

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/6 20:34:14 )
"In a second." Azzy replied.

"Can I just get a milkshake?" he asked the male.

"What kind?" the man asked.

"Choco-peanut-butter. Same as always." Azzy responded with a smile.

"What about you?" he then asked Erica.

"You want anything to drink, or a snack, or something?"

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/6 20:35:59 )

Erica shook her head.

"Nahh, I'm good for the moment, thanks."Was her answer. She realized that there was a chance that Azazel wouldn't be too keen on that, but she also didn't really care.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/6 20:50:41 )
Azzy raised an eyebrow when he heard that.

"Okay then..." he replied.

After a couple of minutes, he was handed his milkshake, and looked at Erica.

"All right." he said.

"Let's go." he told her.

"I'll show you the dorm areas." he finished, before starting to head out of the cafeteria.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/7 01:25:12 )

Erica nodded before following him out of the cafeteria and down the halls.

"How long have you been here, anyway?" She then asked, realising that she hadn't yet. It seemed like an obvious question for her to, after all.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/7 01:41:33 )
"Not long." Azzy responded.

"A few months or so." he said.

"I've worked for the Unit for a while, but I've recently moved into the dorms." he continued.

"Mostly because I'm not welcome back in the town I was living previously." he said further.

"...it's complicated..." he mumbled.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/7 01:45:48 )

Erica just laughed lightly.

"Yeah, I getcha. Rene and I moved because I wasn't accepted in the city that I met him in." She then said with a shrug.

"So no worries. I can relate."

"At least you're welcome here, then?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/7 02:00:13 )
Azzy nodded.

"I am." he replied.

"It's a wonderful feeling." he told her.

"I feel safe. I feel welcome. I... I've made friends." he said further.

"Something I've never had before in my life."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/7 02:02:05 )

"Always a wond eful thing, no?" Erica asked with a light chuckle as they continued walking.

"Even if no friends are there, as long as you've someoen ytou can depend on whenever needed, that's enough for me, really." She added.

"An emergency comfort blanket, I suppose."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/7 02:21:22 )
Azzy nodded.

"Exactly." he responded.

"It's... priceless." he said.

"It's a source of great security." he continued.

"It can really help you get through the day." he said further.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/7 02:28:41 )

"I really don't doubt that." Erica commented with a light chuckle.

"Something like that, it really takes a weight off, doesn't it?" She asked after a moment, almost rhetorically.

The rest of the trek to the dorm areas - and more specifically, his dorm - was largely filled with idle chatter. Once they got there though, she made sure the door was closed and just sighed.

"All right, you sure you want to see this?" She asked, motioning to her arm.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/7 02:49:03 )
"...yes and no?" Azzy responded, sounding unsure.

"I mean, only if you're comfortable with this." he said.

"If you're willing to show me, I'm willing to see it." he told her.

"Because this familiarity is driving me a bit nuts." he admitted.

"I REALLY want to see it in its entirety." he continued, before pausing.

"Well... within the limits of your comfort zone, that is." he then clarified.

"Oh, you know what I mean." he finished, shaking his head.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/7 02:51:53 )

Erica just laughed.

"Don't know, I getcha." She assured him before looking around.

"Now, you said this place is proofed against eveyrhting?" She asked. When he nodded, she sighed lightly before nodding herself.

"Good." She said before taking her jacket off, along with her glove. As she did so, he could feel the air changing, as it normally did whenever the mark on hher arm was revealed.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/7 03:07:59 )
Azzy blinked a couple of times when he felt the air around them change. Things were heavier and thicker, but Erica noticed that he didn't seem to be phased by it at all.

He was aware of it, but didn't seem to be really affected by it.

He remained silent as she revealed more and more of the mark, until he saw the entirety of it.

"...huh." he muttered.

"The Mark of Aka." was all he said.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/7 03:16:21 )

Erica paused.

"First... it doesn't affect you? Holy shit that's a relief. I've never met anyonte that wasn't affected by this damned thing." She said.

"And it... actually has a name? That's.... surprising. Nothing has revealed that, and I've been searching extensively for years."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/7 04:02:55 )
"Yeah, it has a name." Azzy responded.

"See... hm." he mumbled, thinking about it.

"Well... it's knowledge that really isn't suited for human and mage texts." he told her. "Reveals too much about the afterlife and blah blah blah rules." he said, sighing.

"But you deserve to know." he reasoned.

"Aka Manah was... well, he was a nasty dude." he told her. "His name meant 'manah made evil', with the word 'manah being a pseudonym for the mind' here. Many referred to him as the demon of “evil intention', 'evil mind', 'evil purpose', or 'evil thinking'." he explained. "What he did was... he manipulated and amplified emotions, usually to the point where people would harm others, or engage in self-destructive behaviour." he continued.

"And that was fine and well for a time. I mean, he was a demon. Demon's mess with the mortals and all that. Nothing new." he said further. "...until he decided that it was time that one with powers such as himself was suited to a... higher position." he then told her. "Long story short, he staged a coup, failed miserably, and was... well.. removed from existence." he went on.

"However, his mana and such couldn't just disappear. That would cause an imbalance." he then explained. "So it was relegated to being something that mortals and mages could... 'inherit', so to speak." he continued. "And... well, whatever happened to them, happened to them. Not like the one in charge cared." he muttered, rolling his eyes.

"So... yeah. There you go." he told her, giving her SO much more info in the span of 5 minutes, than she had gathered during her entire life.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/7 04:05:59 )

"Well... that was definitely an informative five minutes." Erica commented with a light laugh as she put her glove and jacket back on.

"Good to know I'm not theonly person to have ever had to deal with this before." She then said.

"Life ain't easy with this thing. But at least I've got more infomration than I did even an hour ago. Thank you."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/7 04:24:35 )
"I can also tell that you really don't have optimal control over it." Azzy said.

"Which is... interesting. And, I suppose, what the 'boss' wanted." he muttered.

"Mortals and mages struggle with understanding and controlling it, but we demons? It's simple knowledge and such." he told her.

"Hm." he mumbled.

"Well, if we happen to see each other more, I suppose I can offer to help you." he then said.

"Inform you how it works, some tips and tricks on working with it, and perhaps unlocking its full power and potential." he continued.

"If you're interested, and if you end up working here anyway." he added.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/7 04:29:37 )

"If I stick around, I'm reasonably sure we'll see each other." Erica commented.

"You're the only person I've foudn that has had any sort of information for me." She then said.

"And trust me, that is freaking brilliant. I adore having found anyone who knows anything about this curse of mine."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/7 04:44:30 )
Azzy just smiled.

"A curse, huh?" he asked.

"I suppose that's one way to look at it." he commented.

"Regardless, yeah, I can totally help." he said.

"And... that pretty much concludes the tour." he said further.

"You've seen all the facilities this place has to offer."
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/7 04:45:57 )

Erica nodded.

"That's good to know. Thank you." She stated.

"For both. Showing me around, and being willing to help me out with this," she brought her hand up a bit to signify that she meant that.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.