Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Emotions and Promotions

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 05:15:57 )
"Huh. Interpol." Zeke responded.

"Interesting." he said.

"But... fair enough." he muttered.

"Regardless, call the number on that card, minus the extension." he told her.

"Just follow the menu, and get to the 'position seeking' part." he went on.

"When the operator asks about how you found out about us, tell them that 'the angels have sung your praises'..." he added with another smirk.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 18:54:52 )

"All right then." Erica said with a nod.

'For now, I've gotta go. Vincent, thank you again for the books." She said.

"I'll return them when I'm back in the city." she then said before looking to Zeke.

"And thank you for the offer. I'll definitely consider it for a bit. If I call at all, it likely won't be until I'm back after this case." She told him.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 19:13:09 )
Zeke nodded.

"Very well." he replied.

"Ezekiel, are you off as well?" Vincent then asked Zeke.

"Afraid so." Zeke replied, waving his hand and causing the three books he'd received to appear in his hand. As he did so, Erica felt... almost like she was in the presence of something... intensely spiritual.

"Mom really wants these ASAP, and leaving her waiting is NOT a good idea..." he muttered, nervousness in his tone.

Vincent just laughed in response.

"I know all too well." he commented.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 19:18:25 )

Erica looked to Zeke with a bit of a puzzled expression.

"Anyway, I'll see you later. Thanks, Vincent." She said with a wave before looking to Zeke, almost expectantly. He was still in her way, and as a result, needed him to move first.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 19:38:49 )
Zeke blinked a couple of times, before he seemed to realize what she wanted of him.

"Oh, right." he replied.

"Sorry." he apologized.

"I'll be off, then." he went on, taking a few large steps back.

"Farewell for now." he told them, before a large white pair of feathery wings unfolded from behind him, and he started to take to the sky.

"...showoff." Vincent smirked.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 21:55:39 )

Erica just quirked an eyebrow with how zeke spread wings and took off.

"Uhhh... Right then." She commented before shaking her head.

"Anyway, I gotta finish preparing things before my flight tomorrow. I'll catch ya later Vincent." She said before waving and heading off.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 23:20:23 )
Vincent waved to her.

"Safe journey!" he called to her.

He then stepped back inside, and closed the door. He was silent for a moment, before sighing.

"Special Unit 3, huh?" he asked.

"Seems Erica's caught the attention of the right people."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/3 23:54:46 )

It wasn't until a couple of weeks later before Erica had made the call that she'd been prompted to make. After speaking to whom she'd been put through to, it was agreed that she had a meeting with them in just under a week, and that she was going to fly out to San Fransisco for it. It didn't bother her any, since she had time before her next thing to do as it stood anyway.

She made her reservation and paid for the round trip via flight, even though she'd been told not to, and made her way to the airport and on to the plane before it left. When she arrived in the airport, she realized she didn't have much time, - considering how airports are usually dealing with delays and such, it was very understandable - and she really wasn't interested in rushing. As she walked, she 0pulled out her cell and called the number of the one she was meeting.

"My flight got in late. I may not be able to make it for 1." She started, speaking to the voicemail as he hadn't answered. "Or rather, I may not be on time. I am terribly sorry, but one of the stops had some bullshit to deal with and as a result I'm a full day later than I wanted to be getting into the city." She continued.

"I will call you once I get to the hotel and am heading out to our meeting." Was the last thing she said before hanging up with a sigh.

This was never good. Being late was something she hated.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/4 00:31:23 )
Erica got her luggage, made her way out of the airport, hailed a taxi, and then made her way to the hotel she was staying at. Once she was checked in, she made another call, and this time it was answered.

She told him that she was on her way now, and then left the hotel. She took another taxi and made her way to a large official-looking building.

She then made her way to the front doors, and pushed the comm button to speak into it. When she said what she was told to say by Zeke, the doors opened, and she stepped inside.

Once inside, she noticed a few people milling about, and a security guard with their face buried behind a newspaper.

And then she swore she heard a bit of a 'sst' sound.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/4 00:39:05 )

Erica paused when she heard that before shrugging. It didn't matter so much.

She looked around, not entirely sure what it was that she was to do here. After a few seconds, she just sighed and stepped up to the guard, figuring that it'd be best to check in with them, in the event that it was what she was supposed to do. Even if it wasn't, they'd likely point her in the right direction.

"Hi." She said after a moment, as she stepped up to him.

"I'm not entirely sure where I'm going."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/4 01:07:16 )
She heard the noise again, before he slid something on a lanyard towards her.

"Guest I.D." he said.

"And Zeke told you about us?" he asked.

"Yes." Erica replied.

"He's on his way." the guard responded.

"He'll take you to Sharp for a brief interview."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/4 01:37:52 )

Erica nodded as she accepted what he'd slid over toward her.

"Good to know." She then said.

"Thank you." She added, a soft smile to her voice.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/4 02:10:43 )
The guard was silent, before he lowered the newspaper and looked at her... revealing his green-coloured eyes with black slits acting as pupils.

"....hm." he muttered.

"You must be really something." he commented.

"Zeke normally doesn't DO recommendations." he told her.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/4 02:16:21 )

"Really?" Erica asked, her voice curious.

"I have no idea. I merely mentioned I was an interrogator." She commented with a shrug.

"I guess he saw something in the weird girl that was talkin' to someone. Although I did put him on edge, so maybe that has something to do it. Wants to keep an eye on me to make sure I don't cause problems or something."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/4 02:36:49 )
Tha guard raised an eyebrow when he heard that.

"An interrogator." he said.

"That explains a lot." he commented.

"We really need some quality interrogators here." he told her.

"And I doubt that last part is as you think." he went on.

"He's a good judge of character. Has to be." he added.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/4 02:43:40 )

"All right, fair enough. Even still though, the way he was looking at me made it quite apparent that there was something about me that bugged him." She then said.

"Not that I really care anymore, to be perfectly honest. It used to bug me, when I was younger, but I just... don't care what people think. I'm odd, so be it." She added before pausing.

"Of course, someone with reptilian features really would stand out more... do you get people claiming you're one of the 'reptilian' race that owns the world or something?" She then asked, her voice curious.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/4 03:03:37 )
The guard was silent for a moment.

"Yes." he replied.

"But not as often as one might think." he told her.

"And to be fair, we never 'owned the world', or 'own the world'..." he went on, putting his paper down to make the air quotes where necessary.

"We just have strategic operatives in key places to secure our influence." he told her further.

"Nice catch, too." he added, in reference to her seeing what he was.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/4 03:05:55 )

Erica just shruggfed.

"Whatever the situation is." She commented.

"And heh. I was paid to catch the tiniest of details... not that that was tiny... pretty obvious, really." She then said.

"at any rate, what's this place like?" She asked, figuring she might as well make conversation while there.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/4 03:37:07 )
"I wasn't really trying to hide it." he responded.

"And this place is cool." he told her.

"It's a place where nobody will judge you for being different." he said.

"It's a place where you can make your mark on the world. Or make a living. Or feel safe. Or whatever." he told her further.

"Saved my life." he went on.

"If it weren't for this place, and Sharp, I would probably have been murdered by the outside world by now."
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/4 03:43:17 )

Erica sighed.

"I... can believe that."She commented.

"One would think that... you really would stand out when you don't want to." She added.

"Beyond that, It's good to know that there's goodness to be found here." She then said with a smile.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.