Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Y'all look at this!

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/1 05:21:52 )
I picked up a cute little cart at Ikea today to put my plant fam in. Now everyone ( except one big cactus ) is chillin' in here together!

I picked up a couple new plants and my friend gave me a spider plant. Does anyone else garden?

Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/1 05:28:10 )
Ooh, cool. :)

I don't garden, but I've planted a few flowers and stuff before. xD And I helped with my grandma's garden when I was a kid.

How much do you know about plants? Like if I gave you a description of one, would you know what it is? lol

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/1 05:33:35 )
@nyreen: my mother has lots of house plants and outside plants

Voltie — He/Him/His Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/1 05:37:01 )
Wow, you have an Aloe Vera too ^^

I also love plants. We have this small yard at home where we plant tomatoes, sweet potatoes, papayas and oreganos.
There is something haunting in the light of the moon;
It has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/1 05:38:28 )
@Shark: Nuh-uh! I'm mostly familiar with succulents, cacti and some flowers. I know how to trim them, propagate them and maintain water schedules. Then some other stuff like putting rocks at the bottom to keep the soil from clumping and blocking the drain and on top to keep the soil from dying out too quick. Buuut I'm kinda a noob!

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/1 05:38:51 )
@Unicorn: Jelly! I love my lil plant family so much. I've had the big aloe for 3 years!

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/1 06:02:52 )
@nyreen: I love my mums aloe vera plant there great plants to have around. My mum used to have over 400 house plants she had to down size in her house plants by selling them to others or giving them away. I know a bit about house plants and outside plant just from her. I do buy her plants like around mothers day, and her birthday even though she has enough already.

All of your plants are cute on there little cart.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/1 06:13:01 )
@Fielkun: I'm so jelly! My parents aren't into gardening and I don't know if my mom would allow me to plant a tomato plant or any of that.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/1 06:13:39 )
@Unicorn: Holy shit. You're mom is living my dreeeeeam!

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/1 06:30:30 )
@nyreen: so if you ever need house plant addvice or gardening addvice feel free to ask
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Voltie — Baby Yoda Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/1 07:27:04 )

I don't garden, but I think that looks really neat!

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/1 07:45:03 )
@Unicorn: That is so sweet, for sure! :vanora_heart: Thank you!

@Vladimir: Thank you!

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/1 07:55:44 )
I don't have a garden. Nor do I have any house plants currently. I had a Christmas cactus but it died randomly. Don't know why. Going to buy a few new house plants at some point. Bought some cute little planters a few weeks back.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/1 08:10:49 )
Ah, I love it!
That little cacti too, it's adorable
I'd have to resist the urge to put googly eyes on it.

The big one is aloe vera right? (I know next to nothing about plants, i guess, but I thought I at least recognized that one :') )
nvm I just read the rest of the topic
Do you keep it mostly for decoration or do you also make use of what in the aloe vera? o:
Didn't the gel have some kind of healing abilities or something like that?
Sorry if Reply late!
Please ping me!

Questing

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/1 12:39:23 )
@Kay: Oh! I had a Christmas cactus too and it randomly died. I have no idea what I did wrong and I have had one since. What were you thinking of getting?

@Siron: Yep! You can use aloe vera on sunburns for relief. You can also use it as moisturiser or put it in your hair. I know there's other stuff you can use it for too but I forget. I think that people also eat it? I can't remember. I usually keep them as decoration but if a branch gets loose then I'll snap it off and use it. :)

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/1 14:32:39 )
@nyreen: I'll probably get another Christmas cactus at some point. As for what else, I don't know what I'll get. I've got quite a few empty plant pots currently.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/1 19:11:57 )
@Kay: Do it! They are so pretty. * w* Also same... I have a lot of pots haha.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/1 21:37:19 )

That is such a good idea! It looks really cute.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/2 03:33:59 )
@Totalanimefan: Ya!!! I saw it online and went oh shit I can just layer my little buddies onto that!
call me grem
they/them

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/2 04:09:02 )

@nyreen: I've seen it in ikea and I thought that it was cute!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.