Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 12:10:31 )

My direct neighbour's on 1 side, are an old German couple who come over a few weeks per year.

It has been raining here for a few days and, last night, we had a lot of rain. The man of the couple decided this morning to clean the furniture outside with a pressure washer. There isn't much furniture outside there (4 chairs and a table), but somehow he's been at it for almost 3 hours now and it doesn't look like he will stop any time soon.

Oh the things I imagined to do with that pressure washer...

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 12:20:37 )
Go play Under Pressure by Queen on repeat to enhance his powers and help him finish early.
Also, I'd be so thrilled to have German neighbors... I have this weird ability to get the gist of German even though I don't speak it at all.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 12:30:08 )

@Glume: he doesn't speak English, so he wouldn't get it.
This part of the country has German visitors from early April until the end of October. They also basically demand that you speak German with them, no matter what. So, often, I don't speak it.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 12:36:40 )
I'd say communicate through German metal, but that could be seen as a hostile action :vanora_xd:
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 12:49:32 )

@Glume: oh I tried... Even some movies about WWII, with German soldiers who speak German, doesn't even help.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 12:54:47 )

We have neighbours and the man of the house always thinks it's needed to work outside when it's sunny. So if we sit outside in the sun he will be outside making noise.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 12:57:02 )

@vengeance: I have 1 of those as well and one who rebuild his complete own house

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 13:03:30 )

@Tuijp: O the joys of neighbours.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 13:10:44 )

@vengeance: I can handle those better than the other side, who have a baby and let it cry a long time, before checking what's wrong

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 16:04:35 )
I wish I had German neighbours so I could put my two years of language study to good use. c': my neighbours now are all pretty cool. The people next door have sheep and horses and stuff and I like listening to the sheep go BEEEEHHEHEHEHEH

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 16:22:24 )

@Vii: you can have mine, if you want

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 18:02:33 )
@Tuijp: Well there's plenty of space around here xD

I used to have neighbours who would set an alarm to wake them up at 5:30 AM... which they always slept through. So I had to lay there and listen to their alarm clock for 20 minutes sometimes. xD

[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 18:56:28 )

@Vii: sounds like my brother. He used to do that until my mother and me had enough and woke him up.

Donator — ShePanda Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 20:29:34 )
Vii:
@Tuijp: Well there's plenty of space around here xD

I used to have neighbours who would set an alarm to wake them up at 5:30 AM... which they always slept through. So I had to lay there and listen to their alarm clock for 20 minutes sometimes. xD

I always have to set multiple alarms every morning to wake up, so I know how that feels. lol

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/1 08:58:14 )

@BunnyPirate: get a cat. Seriously, that will help.

Donator — ShePanda Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/1 14:09:36 )
@Tuijp: I have two, they are completely useless. Lol

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/1 14:19:15 )
@Tuijp: I feel your pain on neighbors being kinda annoying. I get it bc I live in a neighborhood so there's going to be noise and they have their own lives but.. I have one neighbor who has spent a majority of his time doing renovations since he and his family moved in four years ago. It's just constant. At this point we don't even know What he could be working on.

And he's obnoxious asf. He'll work 7 days and start at 8 am and sometimes go until 9 pm bc it's legal in my city.
call me grem
they/them

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/1 14:51:15 )

@BunnyPirate: 3 is the charm?
@nyreen: sounds like he just loves to make a lot of noise

Donator — ShePanda Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/1 15:01:44 )
@Tuijp: Apartment complex only allows two pets. =( So I'm stuck with the alarms and two useless cats who just sleep at my feet all morning and stare at me when I get up because I'm disturbing their sleep,

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/1 15:56:30 )

@BunnyPirate: my cat sleeps on the side of the bed, near the window. When I wake up in the middle of the night, he get grumpy, but still follows me wherever I go to.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.