Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Random Poll: City or Country?

Donator — ShePanda Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 20:31:14 )
I have lived in both throughout my life, and have found that each has its own appeal. The city is more fun, but the country gives you more peace so it all depends on what you feel comfortable with. I currently live in a suburb of a large city, so I can have both if I want and that's how I like it.

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/1 01:20:01 )

I'm a city gal.

I've never spent time in the country but based on television portrayals, it's a big no.
I believe it's too isolated for my liking. Nothing around to do, no transportation (I don't drive and I assume buses don't run out there) and seemingly limited to no electricity/internet.
I definitely couldn't handle the latter, sad as it is.
Also too quiet.

As much as I like my alone time, I also like being surrounded by human life.

Donator — ShePanda Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/1 03:53:06 )
@Angelus: You're definitely right on the transportation. I grew up in the country, and buses or subways to get around was a foreign concept to me when I first moved to a big city! In my hometown, you had to own a car or you would get nowhere.

Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/1 03:55:39 )
eh, they both have their ups and downs. I like the city for convenience, and I like the country because it's so pretty.

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/1 03:59:41 )
I like both.

I would love to have a cabin wirh goats, chickens and some dogs in the country. Then a little apartment in the city.
call me grem
they/them

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/1 06:46:38 )

@BunnyPirate: Yeah see, I'd basically be in a luxurious prison cell.
I really need to resume my driving lessons.

I'm a small city dweller, so actually, I'd be as lost as you in a city like New York where the public transportation is taxi cabs and the subway.

Just because you don't see me doesn't mean I'm not here. I'm a lurker.

Deals With the Devil

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.