Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Random Poll: City or Country?

Donator — Puzzling Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 06:17:55 )

Which area do you prefer to live in and why?

I personally prefer the country. The city gives me anxiety. Too many people. Too many things close together. Freaks me out lol. I like being out in the middle of no where with lots of trees and yard and whatnot ^^

|

Admin — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 06:37:50 )
Well I live in the City, but I've lived in the suburbs and my bf family lives pretty much in a rural/country area of Wisconsin. I find the city much more convenient for where I currently am in life. I take public transpiration everywhere, school, work, etc.

There are pros and cons to each for sure. We recently just got a car and I'm not opposed to moving out of the city. There are a LOT of people in Chicago and a handful are... not the type of people you want to be around to say the least.
It's also much more expensive living here in Chicago. Our rent is more than what my bf's mom is paying for her mortgage a month back home. That has to say something. O_O

In the next couple years, I do see myself moving out of the city of Chicago, but I wouldn't say to the country. I'm looking for something in between, like a small downtown area of a large town that still has that city life feeling without all the people. :vanora_sweat:

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 07:02:32 )

sayonara cheesecakes ( 0 ڡ≦)ゞ✩◄-gallery-►

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 07:13:52 )
I'd rather live in the country, less nosey people like neighbors
but I live in a town of over 12,000 people
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Admin — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 07:56:35 )
@okios: OH really!? Small world! lol O-O
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 08:03:54 )
I like a place right in the middle. I need some of the conveniences of the city but also I hate large groups of people.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 09:05:45 )

Country for sure. When I'm in a city, I want to go away again soon (how long it takes depends on the city).
I live in a small neighbourhood in between 2 town. One of them has 3,000 people living there, the other has less than 300. There are 3 small neighbourhoods attached to each other and we know each other. I know everyone of the 44 houses here (and their families most of the time). I also know a big part of the other neighbourhoods and the people in the 2 towns.
When I need something I can't get in town, there are 2 busses every half hour to 2 cities and that takes 20-30 minutes to get there. I can also be in Amsterdam within an hour.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 09:15:04 )
I live in a small town, but if I could I'd live out in the country. More space and a lot less noisy. I'd love to have a small farm someday.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 10:21:54 )
Country all the way, I adore the landscapes, the quiet and nature. (:
Also plenty of space to keep animals
I mean the city has it's pros, all stores are conveniently nearby and all, and it looks pretty at night, but i still prefer the countryside.
More privacy as well.
I mean I live in a medium sized town? Small town? idk how it would qualify but i'd love to live on a farm to be honest. or idk, somewhere away from the crowds. (:

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 10:25:53 )

@Siron: 5,000 people or more, makes a town a medium sized town here

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 10:34:34 )
@Tuijp: Turns out this town has way more people than i anticipated, it's a medium town at the very least :')
Places look so small when you spend most of your time there.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 10:52:34 )

@Siron: come over and I will show a true small town (a town with 3 streets, a pub, farm/camping and a tiny museum). Serious, if you sneeze will driving by, you will miss it.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 11:12:25 )

City but then living in a suburb. I don't need to live in the center. I can not live in the country. I would die of boredomness.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 11:33:24 )
I much prefer the city I love how busy and alive it is I’m currently living in the middle of no where and I hate it I can’t wait to get outta here
its ya boy aidan

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 14:55:37 )
Countryside - no competition xD

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie — he | him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 14:58:18 )
I'd pick city. The country is so vast and I'm too spoiled by the convince of being able to just get everything I want with a 15 min car ride where I am. Also I dated a country boy and it kind of ruined it for me. I don't care about space and quiet. I much rather have the hum of the city and convenience then being the middle of nowhere and suffering.

Ideally I rather live JUST outside the city. Like a little away from the hustle and bustle but close enough I could nap a train or drive in within like 10 mins you feel?
call me rheo
(please don't capitalise it)

sail with me into the dark

Voltie — Nayu Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 16:22:41 )
I personally like living in the city. Now, I wouldn’t want to be deep in say, Atlanta? Baltimore? New York City? Somewhere like that.. but where I do live is nice.

The peace and quiet that comes from the country can be nice too, really.. I’d probably adjust no matter where we lived.
Ping me for attention. I tend to wander.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 18:22:59 )
@Tuijp: Such a little town sounds charming tbh, granted the people are nice, of course:')
At the same time it also sounds like just the place horror movies would take place in.
Guess it adds up to its charm /shrugs/
Sorry if Reply late!
Please ping me!

Questing

Voltie — Baby Yoda Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 18:23:32 )

City. :) I like the hustle and bustle of a big city. I love large crowds and tons of people. :)

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 18:55:30 )

@Siron: it's a nice town with nice people. The other town has more horror stories.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.