Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Wonderland Ch. 9 The Duchess' Cottage

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 22:39:49 )

I gotta go now guys. I'll talk to you later.
@Angelus: Good luck. You also have a throw a curve ball, so I would learn how to do that.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 22:40:07 )

@littlewhitedragonlet: Haha I play it everyday. It's popular game around me.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 22:41:15 )
Things are getting dark. o_o
I'm kind of shaking. This is terrifying. I don't want the little guy to die.

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 22:41:27 )

@littlewhitedragonlet: Yeah I walk my dogs near my closest park because of the stop.

I've got another park near me, a much better one that I plan to walk by next time.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 22:41:41 )

i think it's best if we choose defend right now? o:

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 22:43:40 )

SInce this is taking a while, I'm gonna vacuum.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 22:47:27 )

Have fun vacuuming!^^

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 22:48:10 )
How did I miss the last chapter xD
Oh well~ I'll try to participate in this one more~ ^^

Art Dump | Art Shop | Toyhou.se

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 22:51:11 )

I missed everything in this one so far :'D

Questing: click here!

Npc — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 22:54:37 )

Scene Five: Finale

[User AliceinZombieland & friends have altered the tale to avoid catastrophe.]

Static could just barely dodge to the side of the cleaver as it came crashing down with the Duchess behind it. The impact caused some muck to splash upwards which splattered harmlessly against the barrier that constantly flickered around Static's form. He thought she had gotten way faster and as she spun to face him, he realized it was the truth.

It was as if she were possessed.

"I'll kill you, boy! Stand still and let me KILL YOU!" Spit flew out of her mouth with the words as she lunged for him, tearing through the muck as if it were nonexistent. The cleaver began to glow with a soft white hue as she swung it rapidly at the Guardian, and he was forced on the defensive. The weapon struck his barrier once and there was a spark. Twice, and a crackle. Three times, and a piece of it actually shattered into particles.

"I have to stop her... but how?" He grunted as he was thrown back by the force of the blade, and Frizz, held carefully in his arms, squealed. As the Duchess wound up for another torrent of blows, the piglet stared at her and tried to concentrate. Her eyes narrowed and her tail uncurled. Bright yellow streaks of energy began to shoot out from the frizz adorning her body and as she let out a mighty snort, the energy coalesced into a single bolt that struck the cleaver with a ferocious clap.

The Duchess released her hold on the weapon with a howl, but it didn't seem to be in her tone or voice. It was higher-pitched while hers was deeper, and as it came out from her mouth, it spoke: "Finally! Finally free, I am. Free from madness, and free from being her cooooo~" The word trailed off as the cleaver sunk into the muck, ruined by Frizz' spell.

"You did it, Frizz!" Static smiled down at her and she snorted in approval. "Hey... Duchess, are you okay now?" He called out tentatively to the woman who was currently standing in a very strange, hunched over posture. At her name, she jerked upright and glanced to him with blinking eyes.

"Oh, aren't you just the sweetest? And I do behold a cute companion cradled in your arms! Come, come. The Duchess must serve you tea, tea for years! We must sit and talk, talk forever about everything and nothing. I'm so, so very lonely ever since my chef, Portlan - oh, bless his soul - fell into the muck and never came out! That said, why are we in the muck? We must get out of here before HE comes, you see, for he has the muck and I have the cottage. But you'll surely like me more."

Static and Frizz looked at each other before he spoke again, "Uhm, that's... really alright. We thank you for the offer, but we have to go find our brother-"

The Duchess narrowed her eyes and the friendly tone she held just moments ago turned to a more fitting growl, "Would I be most correct in assuming you're DECLINING my most gracious offer, boy? And after I've extended a genuine invitation to you, as the Queen would extend a game of croquet!" She clenched her fists and stomped towards them through the muck.

Static could only frown. "Frizz," he began softly while floating away quickly. "I'm really not sure about this world." A nod from the piglet.

I ran from her with my sister in hand. I hope she finds friendship one day.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 22:58:09 )
Oh Thank Fricken God He Lives

Donator — Anything Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 22:58:18 )

Oh huzzah! We didn't die!

Donator — Ze/Zir Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 22:58:50 )

Jesi Says:

YAY We didn't die!!!

Art by LittleWhiteDragonlet

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 22:59:31 )

Phew. That was intense but I'm confident in the point made in the beginning, that he wouldn't have died, that the warning was merely a ruse to stir the pot.

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 23:01:20 )
*finally breaths*
Oh, geez. The sweet boy lives. Thank heavens.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 23:01:52 )
You guys are all amazing!
We did it !!

also ''she let out a mighty snort,''
love that sentence, great writing, really enjoying this!
Sorry if Reply late!
Please ping me!

Questing

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 23:02:08 )
Never Voice Doubt Against An Authors Words. They May Just Decide To Prove You Wrong.

Donator — Ze/Zir Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 23:04:02 )

Jesi Says:

This thread seems...so much shorter than the others, though...

Art by LittleWhiteDragonlet

Fae | 27 | They/Them
Please Always Ping!
RLC Commission Prices

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 23:04:23 )

@Godawful: A little late for that now. :vanora_smirk:

Just because you don't see me doesn't mean I'm not here. I'm a lurker.

Deals With the Devil

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/9 23:04:52 )
@Angelus: I Suppose Youre Right :vanora_smirk: :vanora_smirk:

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.