Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Exchange [S] OLD DONATION ITEMS [B] MANY ITEMS! COME! * NEW RIG ITEMS ADDED*

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/26 19:29:23 )
hello~ how are you? :D i'm procrastinating on my homework xD

Donator — She/Buns Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/26 19:32:05 )
@Peony: hey there :D
I just got up. its morning here xD
I'm gonna go get lunch with a friend at noon c:
and i haven't been on for the event yet so i needed to get on!

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/26 20:00:30 )
@pixiebuns: oh yeah, that's not surprising xD
and that sounds good! And oh yeah, I haven't seen you around since the event started, so you definitely have some catching up to do. :D

Donator — She/Buns Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/26 20:01:49 )
@Peony: yeah ; u; i need to catch up for sure!
it really sucks because i work pretty much everyday this week ; u;
so im trying to post as much as possible lol
how've you been?

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/26 20:04:54 )
@pixiebuns: oh damn ;; i hope that you were able to rest in between the breaks and get enough sleep!
i'm having a hard time finishing the paper because i sort of ran out of things to say, but i'm supposed to be concluding anyway so I guess I shouldbe able to think of something if I don't keep getting distracted xD

Donator — She/Buns Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/26 20:08:48 )
@Peony: yeah, i am. I only work five hours today, but yesterday i was open to close xD
and tomorrow i'm open to six ; u; bleh
my boss is on vacation this week so we are working a lot to cover xD
i believe in you! you can do iittt

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/26 20:10:38 )
@pixiebuns: yikes, well i hope that things let up soon and it isn't too tiring for you ; o ;
thank you!! i think i'm almost done, and i'm too lazy to proofread right now so i'll maybe do that on Thursday xD

Donator — She/Buns Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/26 20:12:05 )
@Peony: i appreciate you c: it's not too much for me. I am still only part time so it's not bad x3
haha woo. it's better to proofread when you havent been staring at it anyway!
you're more likely to catch mistakes

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/26 20:14:50 )
@pixiebuns: ohhh that's cool! what is your work, by any chance? :0
and yeah i noticed that from my past four years of writing papers haha. it doesn't work to proofread on the night you wrote everything, which sucks when i procrastinate too much because that means i have no time to proofread xD this time i made sure to finish this ahead of schedule so that i have some time to give it a good look over.

Donator — She/Buns Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/26 20:16:41 )
@Peony: I work at a locally owned game/movie/music/comic shop. c:
We are a buy/sell/trade. We do everything from retro systems to new. records, cds, dvds and bluray. comics and funko pops and action figures and stuff. it's a lot of fun.
haha yeah. it was always better for me to take a day break before proof reading

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/26 20:19:20 )
@pixiebuns: that's so neat ; o ; are you allowed to browse through the merchandise on slow days? haha
there are a number of those shops here, but the game industry here has been sort of monopolized by Data Blitz, which is like Game Stop but Game Stop doesn't exist here :v I see many stores and even stalls selling Funko Pop, but it seems like the trend has died down? My dad is old-fashioned and dabbles in expensive audiophile stuff, so he owns a few shelves full of vinyl records and some fancy speakers.

Donator — She/Buns Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/26 20:23:34 )
@Peony: thanks! its an awesome store. we just put a similar one near us out of business xD hehe...
Oh yeah. I constantly go through it all. We are really organized so when we put stuff away i constantly browse and make sure everything's where it should be. one day we were so slow i played the lion king game for SNES for an hour xDD
Game Stop keep sending us people since they don't really do retro like we do. They are garbage for all that anyway, its all online and you're not guaranteed a case for your game and such. ugh
Yeah, the trend is dying a little. It'll probably go back up for christmas lol. It's pretty big around my area though. We sell them like crazy.
We get a lot of record lovers. My bf and I just started collecting records xD We dont have the money to really invest so we just get some really neat ones or bands we really love. Rn i'm eyeing a copy of the deluxe guardians of the galaxy soundtrack on vinyl ; u;

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/26 20:30:30 )
@pixiebuns: omg :0 well good for you, I guess? xD Less competition the better
I don't own a lot of consoles -- I really just have the DS (which is probably dead by now), my 3DS (still alive and fairly new, as I only got it last year?) and the Wii. And oh, I didn't know that @ - @ I don't know much about our local counterpart also, other than they tend to overprice stuff and that they didn't always provide that freebie item when buying certain games.
I think in general there are not a lot of collectors here, but Funko pop did a good job in creating some new collectors I think. And that's interesting and at the same time not surprising xD I can imagine many people buying Funko Pops as presents.
Ohhh that sounds so nice! My dad mostly collects 70s and 80s stuff, but he also has an Owl City one because my sister wanted it haha. I remember when we visited SF my dad bought a bunch of cheap vinyls in a store there, so I guess it's the current bands and such that are super expensive (though of course there are others).
Unfortunately it's really hard to sell the audiophile hobby here because there's only a small pool of people who can afford it.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/26 20:33:29 )

@Peony:
@pixiebuns:
Ello there guys :)

Donator — She/Buns Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/26 20:35:35 )
@Peony: haha yeah. they were kind of a meh place. overpriced and unorganized and such lol.
I have a few. I have ps1-4 nes-switch and gameboys and 3ds. I also have some more obscure ones, like the virtual boy and a 3do xD
Oh! and an atari.
Gamestop is pretty garbage xD I only like them for some exclusives and preorders xD
Pops are pretty great. And Funko make these super cute ones called Rock Candy now ; u; I have Spider Gwen from that line.
Haha yeah, a lot of older folk collect the older stuff. he'd probably love my store. xD
We have some records in that are hundreds of dollars ; u; its crazy!
Yeah i wish i could afford more audiophile stuff xD

@vengeance: hey there :D

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/26 20:35:45 )
@vengeance: heeeeeey what's up? im just trying to draw Chespin now (the Pokemon) but i swear that Chespin is the most complicated grass type starter to draw >:U

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/26 20:36:52 )
@pixiebuns: I really want to own at least one Sony console because I know I'm missing out on a lot of neat games huhu
and ohhh i've heard of the virtual boy and the atari but not the 3do :0
I haven't heard of the Rock Candy line either, maybe that hasn't landed here yet xd

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/26 20:38:14 )

@Peony: I am doing good. I just got back from work. And good luck on that drawing.

Donator — She/Buns Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/26 20:38:56 )
@Peony: You should get a ps4! you can buy a lot of the older games from the store on the console and it has AMAZING exclusives. Like the Last of Us and Horizon Zero Dawn <3 I CRIED AT THEM.
Mhhm. The Virtual Boy is a Headache Machine xD Atari is pretty much where it all started for at home gaming c;
The 3do is pretty obscure. I had never seen one before. I may sell it though. I never play it.
Spider Gwen LOOK HOW CUTE THEY ARE ; u;

ping me
Art in sig by Seo
Art in post by Cedes
Hangout

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/26 20:51:29 )
I FINALLY GOT CHESPIN DOWN

@vengeance: that's good that you're doing good! i too am doing good, if you would ask if i am good :>

@pixiebuns: aaaaa when i have monies OTL and time i guess haha?? i keep getting my time sucked by so many things like other games and sites and drawing and stuff xD
ohhh that's definitely a new one! it's not to my taste, personally, but i can see its cuteness~

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.