Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums News & Updates Community Concerns & Rules Update

Admin — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/26 02:56:13 )
Hello Volties,

Today we want to discuss a very important matter – harassment – specifically sexual harassment. Voltra will not tolerate sexual harassment past, present, or future. If you ever feel uncomfortable or unsafe in our community please do not hesitate to report so to any staff member.

Due to some actions and content that’s occurred within our community (on Voltra or extending through other platforms ie. discord) we’ve updated our rules.

Forum Rules Update:
7. Harassment is not allowed on Voltra, Voltra's Discord Channel and any private discord messaging that was initiated from the Voltra's Discord Channel. Discord reports will need to provide evidence, such as screenshots. This applies, but is not limited to; repeated attempts to contact another user by stalking them through their forum posts, private messaging them on discord from the Voltra Discord Channel or by sending messages, when that user has previously requested this behavior to stop. Topics relating to sexual natures are not permitted on Voltra, Voltra's Discord Channel and private messaging through the Voltra Discord Channel, even less when they are unsolicited. Voltra is not responsible for contact and discussions which occur away from the website, the Voltra's Discord Channel and private discord messaging. Edited 4/25/2018

If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know.

Thank you,
Voltra Staff

Donator — Puzzling Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/26 03:03:12 )

I absolutely love this.
While I am sure it's probably common sense and something people expect when joining an avatar website (or anywhere, really), just hearing it is being enforced as a rule is very encouraging and a relief.
I've dealt with issues in the past on another website and felt the issue wasn't handled like it should have been.
So, thank you for this announcement :)

|

Voltie — Obnoxious Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/26 03:05:13 )
Agreed, A very needed update/rule. ^^

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/26 06:07:17 )
Thanks for the update, this is much appreciated. I'm sure users who might have hesitated to come forward will feel more comfortable reaching out for help now!
call me grem
they/them

Voltie — He/Him/His Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/26 06:42:53 )
Thank you for the heads up!
There is something haunting in the light of the moon;
It has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/26 11:33:03 )

Thank you so much for this update, makes me feel more safe!

Questing: click here!

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/26 12:06:56 )
Thank you for this update! I’m sure this will help a lot. Hopefully with it spelled out like that, there won’t be as many problems for people.

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/26 20:31:41 )
Thank you for this update! <3
Find my illustrations here: https://twitter.com/Lydiachan22

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/27 02:46:54 )
Thank you for the rule update.

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/27 03:02:30 )
@SirLionelNigelConrad: There already is a reporting system if I understand it correctly. You just screenshot the issue and DM a mod to report. :vanora_smile:

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/27 03:14:39 )
@SirLionelNigelConrad: Screenshots can be outlined in red and the mod can be the third party to explain it should the need arise. Right?

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/27 03:40:34 )
@SirLionelNigelConrad: I cannot say for certain as I am not qualified to talk about code. But I suggested a "How to Report" section to the rules be added, which include that immediate screenshots be taken.

Always ping me please.

Donator — nyan? Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/27 17:33:08 )
neko says;
I hate that this rule had to be implemented, but I'm glad it exists.

sell me rigs please♥

Admin — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/27 19:23:14 )
@SirLionelNigelConrad: Harassment by definition is a behavior that disturbs or upsets, and it is characteristically repetitive.

ie - Two users are in an argument. Staff steps in to stop the argument. If either one of those individuals involved makes a comment in that thread or anywhere else on the forums in regards to the other party that could disrupt or upset the atmosphere it is considered harassment by myself and Voltra rules.

I hope this answers your questions and clarifies what we consider harassment here on Voltra.

Admin — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/27 19:35:40 )
@SirLionelNigelConrad: I, with input from Voltra staff, determine whether a debate is becoming a toxic atmosphere in the community forums. And If there is a debate that I see is turning into something unhealthy, either myself or staff will step in and inform both parties to politely drop the conversation at hand. If that argument continues in the same thread or one party acts upon the other anywhere else on the site is when we as staff will submit warnings to the appropriate parties.
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/28 00:42:48 )
Sucks that this has to be spelled out for people, but this is definitely a Good Thing to have officially written down.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/30 01:37:54 )
It is good that this is a rule, no one should feel unsafe,
but maybe that is why, not all are wanting to post for
not feeling safe, when we should feel safe.
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.