Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Slow cooker can't reduce my chicken stock

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/23 06:03:37 )
It would take 5ever and I ain't got 5ever. So I'm stuck with an obscene amount of chicken stock that's not quite rich enough. Guess I'll get ready for a month of soup...

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/23 21:07:30 )

Yup, that's because no steam leaves the slow cooker.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/23 21:50:16 )
I can leave the lid open but it cools the whole thing down too much because of the massive surface area.

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/24 16:31:48 )
What a fascinating situation to find yourself in.
I don't know enough about slow cookers to be any help. The only times I used them was following instructions made by my gf; I don't know how they work tbh.
previously keef with a k

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/24 17:22:01 )
@keef: lol. No help needed, thanks for the thought! Just wanted to share the very exciting (sarcastic) news. Would share my chicken stock too but it's not amazing because I just threw in whatever I had, which did not include any herbs.

Slow cookers just heat food up at low to medium heat. You leave things in there long enough, things will cook. lol I'm going to take a stab and guess that your gf does more cooking than you? lol I find it a joy myself, most of the time. My favorite part is cutting stuff up.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/25 05:06:21 )
No extra pans around you can throw it in for a while? D: I love me some nice, rich broths. /drool

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/25 15:35:53 )
@Eruca: *chants soup month*
call me grem
they/them

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/25 19:04:20 )
@Pixel: Me too! That's a good suggestion. And I've thought about it. I figure if it's soup, I'll just not add water and it'll be rich enough. :P

@nyreen: *joins in with a fork in hand*

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/27 05:45:47 )
Eruca:
@Pixel: Me too! That's a good suggestion. And I've thought about it. I figure if it's soup, I'll just not add water and it'll be rich enough. :P

@nyreen: *joins in with a fork in hand*

Can also add a small amount of grains to the soup (1/8th cup to 1/4th cup) to help absorb liquid. It'll cook inside the broth, absorbing the flavor and getting all yummy.
Also Pixel on Solia.

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/27 06:34:21 )
Soup weeks are best weeks! I love doing soups for dinner. So easy and delicious!

Heck you can even freeze some of that stock for a rainy day d: always good to have some on hand to add some magic to your cooking.

[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/28 04:12:06 )
@Pixel: Gasp, yesssss. That sounds delicious! You just gave me the best solution for all the rice idk what to do with.

@Vii: Oooh Trueee! I'll have to get some freezer safe containers. :D

Donator — Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/28 09:20:33 )
@dawnpainterz: Maybe next time! :) I already started using some of it. xD
Ping me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.