Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat A Quiet Place

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/22 08:57:48 )
For once, I actually didn't spend a Saturday night huddled up alone in my apartment.

I went out with a coworker, had dinner, watched a movie. :'D We may be going to a club together in the next upcoming weekends, too. I've never been! Hell, I've only been to an actual bar in my life once, too.

I'm 27.

But yaaassss. I give the movie 9/10. At almost the very end, one guy in the audience shouted "YEAUH". The whole fucking theater was trying to hold back laughter.

The movie was quiet, so you can hear the snickers. The timing was just amazing. "YEAUH."

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/22 14:32:43 )
@Pixel: what movie did you see? I am so unimpressed with the movies they make lately that I do not even know what is out.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/23 04:44:03 )
Glume:
@Pixel: what movie did you see? I am so unimpressed with the movies they make lately that I do not even know what is out.
"A Quiet Place".

It is really a quiet af movie... xD

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/23 15:45:16 )
OH I GET IT. Ha. wow. ok, thank you.
I was thinking you were being all poetic with your title :D
Maybe its even more poetic since I was so oblivious to its actual nature!
*watches trailer* Oh, wow, that does look good. Shame on me for staying out of the loop.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/23 21:06:50 )

Nice! I do like going out and chatting with friends, but not at a loud place. I want to be able to hear the people that I'm chatting with.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/23 23:28:41 )
@Pixel: I'm going to see that tomorrow with a bestie =D
Bribe Shop
Freebies, come get em

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/24 16:34:45 )
Lmaooooooooooooooooooo at the guy shouting at the end. That's great. I haven't seen it yet but I really want to. My gf and I keep trying to go but our work schedules make seeing a movie hard.
previously keef with a k

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/25 05:35:54 )

My aunt saw this film.
She told me it was the quietest she'd ever experienced a theater as apparently everyone was channeling the need of the characters to remain entirely silent. There weren't even the sounds of crunching or rustling food packaging.

She said it was an excellent film that keeps you on the edge of your seat.

I'd never heard of it before she told me this a few days ago.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/25 05:48:52 )
@Pixel: Oh! I really want to see that movie. ^^ I'll have to check it out once it's out or I have some free time to swing by the movie theater.
call me grem
they/them

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/27 05:43:56 )
Buffy The Slayer:

My aunt saw this film.
She told me it was the quietest she'd ever experienced a theater as apparently everyone was channeling the need of the characters to remain entirely silent. There weren't even the sounds of crunching or rustling food packaging.

She said it was an excellent film that keeps you on the edge of your seat.

I'd never heard of it before she told me this a few days ago.

Yeeessss.

Downside; If there is even a single inconsiderate/loud person in the theater, it ruins it for everyone.

Imagine someone taking in a baby. Some theaters will let you do that. It would just... Ruin this particular movie. >___<
Also Pixel on Solia.

Voltie — Damned Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/28 19:44:40 )

@Pixel:
Ironic in the case of this film. My aunt told me about the wife being pregnant full term in this crisis in which total silence was necessary for survival and that in the climax she goes into labor.

Just because you don't see me doesn't mean I'm not here. I'm a lurker.

Deals With the Devil

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.