Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat This is slightly bothering me (not a serious rant)

Voltie — Tenno Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 15:26:05 )

Ok, so a few days ago, I bought an adoptable from someone one on Gaia. The thing about this person is that I knew they traced. I thought that possibly they didn't trace this time and actually drew something for a change. Before buying it, I asked them a few questions about the character. Like what kind of body it has (since it is just a headshot), they couldn't answer my question. They said they didn't think of it at the time. I should have taken it as a red flag. I bought it from them, and a few days later, someone PMs me saying that it might have been traced. Right now, I'm actually trying to find the original artist who MIGHT have drew this character. Do you guys happen to know who drew this or recognize the art style?

If the image doesn't work in the spoiler, here is a direct link.
https://images2.imgbox.com/0e/f4/vDxZ5cRy_o.png

Before you ask, I can't ask for my gold back. As soon as I ask the person if they traced this, they will block me in a heart beat. I probably should have known better before buying it, I probably should taken the red flag more seriously. I just want to know who the original artist is of this piece. I don't think its right for someone to trace, then try and sell your work for fake or real money. I just want the artist to know that someone is tracing their work. They might not care, but they might. I'd care if someone traced my art work and sell off my original character's looks, even if they recolored it. But still, it just doesn't seem right. :/

My rant(ish) is over. I just want to find the original artist of this. I am not really sure if I put this in the right spot, but putting it in the artist galleries wouldn't seem right since this isn't my work. If anyone happens to know the artist, can you please let me know?

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 15:51:41 )
@Queen Prisma: Gah that kind of stuff is infuriating! I mean do people really think nobody will ever find out?

Alas the image link is borken so I can't see it, but you might want to try a reverse image search on Google. O:

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 16:28:17 )
Uhmm the link is broken so I can't really see the art piece you are talking about :vanora_sweat:

Voltie — Tenno Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 17:11:39 )

@Vii: Yeah, I know how you feel. :/ It drive me nuts. And I have tried, google just suggests its some kind of cartoon and that is it.

@Saeyra: That's strange, I see the image just fine. :/ But here is a direct link for both of you to see.
https://images2.imgbox.com/0e/f4/vDxZ5cRy_o.png

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 17:15:12 )
@Queen Prisma: Hmmm the link takes me to a page that says "forbidden" o:

It's a shame Google images wasn't able to pick it up, I was hoping it'd match right up with the original piece xD

Voltie — Tenno Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 17:20:18 )

@Vii: Hmm, that is strange. :/ This is probably gonna be my last effort, on this but here is a link from discord, this should work. (Hopefully) I don't have the album as NSFW on my imgbox, so it really doesn't make much sense. And I haven't deleted it yet.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/432916338340659200/436561363326730260/Rowan_big_ref.png

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. But it may have been colored different, so I really don't know.

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 18:08:29 )
@Queen Prisma: Ah, I see it now! Alas, I don't recognise the art or anything. They're probably on DeviantArt, though, so depending on how far you want to go, you could open up a thread over on DA asking if anyone recognises it.
Some people are just despicable. >:C

[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 18:08:55 )
hmm nope, no idea. Sorry :vanora_sweat:

Always ping me please.

Voltie — Tenno Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 18:24:23 )

@Vii: I really don't wanna go into the threads on dA. ^^;; But thank you.

@Saeyra: Thanks. :)

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 06:09:13 )
@Queen Prisma: Can I ask you who drew that? Looks insanely like someone I know who I think traces.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 06:41:13 )
@queen prisma: I know a lot of furry artists; would you mind if I tweeted this image to try to find the source?

Also how much did you spend on it? I can probably help get some of that back for you.

Voltie — Tenno Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 21:52:26 )

@nyreen: I was able to find the artist, it was Scissorsmith on dA. I was able to get my gold back on Gaia though, which made me happy.
https://scissorsmith.deviantart.com/

@Addy: The issue has already been resolved. xD Someone happened to help me find the artist in question a few days ago. I spent 13bil on it, but since everyone gave the tracer a scare, she gave refunds to anyone that bought the art.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 22:19:07 )
@Queen Prisma: That's good! Happy yo hear that. Who was the user that tried to sell you someone else's art?

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 23:16:19 )
@queen prisma: oh good! ;w; glad you got everything back, too
pls ping me, ty!!

TURN OFF THE SUN // PULL THE STARS FROM THE SKY

quest | etc

Voltie — Tenno Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 23:52:07 )

@nyreen: I rather not name drop, but you can read the journal the artist made here.
https://scissorsmith.deviantart.com/journal/Theft-of-my-Art-741325298

@Addy: Yeah, same here. :)
Please ping me to get my attention

Pixel art by me
Click here for my twitter and other things.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/22 03:33:42 )
@Queen Prisma: No worries! ^^
call me grem
they/them

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.