Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Love of the Gods (Kimmi and Boss Rimi)

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/7 12:00:27 )
You can die anytime...

Sapphira watched her father go and sighed softly before getting started on her daily tasks. As she did, she tried to focus on what she wanted to get done. But she couldn't help but be worried about her dad. She didn't think it was just work. He looked like he was getting I'll. And that scared her.

but living takes true courage.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/7 20:44:05 )
"You said you would protect them though." Aphrodite pointed out. Yes it was true, he had said he would, but that was only meant for when the war arose. "I know I did, and I will. That doesn't mean no one is going to be killed. Need I mention, the mortals here aren't exactly young like our son. Many of them aren't in the best help and you know that I cannot help them with that." Ares pointed out.

At work, Eros was just arriving and noticed that Sapphira's father hadn't arrived yet. "Maybe he's on his way." Eros said to himself quietly. If he wasn't going to show up, he thought maybe he would have heard about it beforehand.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/7 21:05:12 )
You can die anytime...

Her father finally arrived,"Sorry to keep you waiting." He said with a gentle smile,"I think I'm really feeling my age today." He gave a soft chuckle,"Oh, Sapphira sent along a snack for later after lunch." He said,"Anyways, let's get going."

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/7 22:30:13 )
When Sapphira's father arrived, Eros jumped slightly and smiled at the older man. However, looking at him, Eros noticed something was off. He didn't say anything though. They had work to do, maybe they could talk on their lunch break. "She did? Well that's nice of her. I'll have to personally thank her." Personally, because Eros honestly wanted to see her.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/7 22:40:13 )
You can die anytime...

His father smiled, "You can walk with me back after work." He said,"If you'd like." He added, getting what was needed to do their work.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/7 22:49:35 )
"That would be perfect, thank-you." Eros said, doing his part to help the older man with the work they had to do. He worked fast to make sure that work didn't pile up. It felt good to be able to help someone even if it was something small like this. "Sir, are you feeling okay today?" He asked and looked at the man. "B-because if you're not, you could take some time off you know." Eros explained politely.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/8 15:27:47 )
You can die anytime...

Her father shook his head,"I'm not, honestly." He said to Eros softly,"I don't have the heart to tell my daughter... But I've been starting to have this feeling that my time on this Earth is almost up. And I only worry because I don't want to leave my daughter here by herself. But there is nothing I can do about that right now." He looked at Eros,"Please don't mention this to her. I don't want her to worry."

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/10 22:01:55 )
Eros listened to the older man and frowned slightly. "S-sir don't say that. You're probably just...you know, really worried about this war talk going on. You still have many years ahead of you though. I'm sure of it." Eros smiled. He wasn't sure if he was good at cheering people up but he never liked seeing someone so...so down. "I won't tell her, I promise." And that was a promise Eros was going to keep. He himself didn't want her to worry. Who could help out in this situation? He wasn't sure, but maybe his parents knew of someone.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/11 12:55:45 )
You can die anytime...

Her father gently patted his back in thanks and went back to doing some paperwork. He pulled out the snacks Sapphira sent off with him and offered some to Eros as he worked.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/11 17:49:18 )
Well, at least the man seemed to be slightly more at ease than he was earlier. Eros would talk to his parents, but he was only a love god...he wasn't a miracle worker and it really wasn't his place to help people with everything. But maybe that's just what made him more human than god. Taking some of the offered snacks, Eros offered the man a polite smile and continued on with his work, handing over some papers to the man for him to look over.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/11 18:04:12 )
You can die anytime...

Finally it was time to go home. The old man smiled at Eros,"Thank goodness it's the weekend starting tomorrow." He said,"I don't know about you, but I think we need a bit of a break. I do appreciate all your hard work. Thanks for being such a wonderful help."

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/13 01:40:47 )
It was the weekend tomorrow already? Wow, time went by fast here. What would he do in the weekend if he had no work? He had to find something to do. Something to keep himself busy. But what? Eros blinked and nodded, smiling politely. "Yes, a break does sound nice doesn't it?" He blushed lightly, still not used to being thanked. "Oh...w-well it's really no trouble sir, but you're welcome. I enjoy working with you. It's fun. If I'm being honest, I'm not sure what I'll do during my weekend. But I'm sure I'll think of something."

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/13 02:19:23 )
You can die anytime...

Her father smiled,"Well if you ever want something to do, I'm sure Sapphira would enjoy spending time with you." He said as they started to head home,"I know she enjoys your company since your one of the few friends she has."

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/13 03:20:16 )
He knew she would. Sapphira and he were friends, of course she would want to spend time with him but what would they do? He smiled and nodded, it seemed like that was his only actual option he had right now. Still, he needed to go home and talk to his parents. "I'll see you later sir, enjoy your break. Oh, and thank Sapphira for the snacks for me." He said, walking towards his house.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/13 03:26:42 )
You can die anytime...

He nodded and waved before heading inside. He spent the evening with his daughter, eating dinner and chatting about the day. He told her they appreciated the snacks she had sent them with and he thanked her. After a pleasant evening together, the two went off to bed.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/13 04:07:03 )
Eros politely waved back. It shouldn't have surprised him to see that his father was not home yet despite how late it was getting. His father was taking this war very seriously. As he should. "Mother, can I talk to you about something?" He asked her. When she nodded, he took a seat at the table after setting it up nicely. "Sapphira's dad thinks he's dying. He told me that he was feeling his age and that his time on earth was ending. I think he's just nervous about this war is all. But if he is...well...unhealthy should I tell him to go see a doctor?" Eros asked.

"If he's dying, the only person we can talk to is Hades. He would know if he was or wasn't. If he's sick, we pray to Apollo or his son. But overall, I'm sure the man is fine. Just nervous like you said dear." Aphrodite smiled and stirred the stew carefully. "Are you looking forward to the weekend?" She asked. "I'm not sure...but we'll see." Just then, Ares walked in through the door and sighed heavily. "Long day dear?" His wife asked. "Very." he muttered.

The three sat down to eat dinner, listening to Ares rant on about how the warriors were slow learners but that they were actually improving. He mentioned the days left till the attack were less than a month now. It was time to worry. Eros made sure to wash the dishes then after dinner was over, thinking about what his mother said. "Hades or Apollo..." He whispered to himself and dried his hands before quickly heading up to his room to sleep.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/13 04:27:25 )
You can die anytime...

That next morning, Sapphira woke up with a yawn. She hadn't slept too well the night before, worrying about her father and the war. She knew they would be protected, but she still feared for others. She hated that war had to happen to have any kind of piece but that was just the way it had to be, at least in this instance. After waking up, she took a short bath and began to make breakfast, wondering what she would do that day. She knew her dad needed to rest so she thought she might go to the market to get things needed for the coming week.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/13 20:53:52 )
Ares was gone Saturday morning. There was no rest for the warriors, that was something that Eros should have expected. "Good morning mom. Dad's at work?" He asked his mother. Aphrodite looked up from the cleaning she was doing and nodded. "Would you like me to make you some breakfast dear?" She asked. He nodded, "Please?" He asked. His mother smiled and walked to the kitchen to get started but frowned, "Seems we're going to need to go to market first." She said to him. "Oh, okay. Let's go!" Eros grinned and quickly left to his room to get dressed. Aphrodite laughed and went to her room to get dressed as well.

When they were ready, the two of them headed out of the house with a list of things they needed. "Oh I love coming to the market. It reminds me of the feast we have on Mount Olympus. I wonder if you'll ever be allowed to visit. Your grandfather Zeus is very...particular about who he lets attend the parties. Perhaps your father and I can one day twist his arm so you can attend. I'm sure you'll make many friends there. Oh! You could be friend with Triton, Poseidon's little boy. He's so precious." She said and cleared her throat. "Anyway, we have some shopping to do." Eros laughed and looked over the list then at the various stands. His mother was taking advantage that his father was at work, or else he probably wouldn't be too happy that she was getting a lot of attention from the other men here.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/13 22:54:58 )
You can die anytime...

Sapphira made sure her father was alright before grabbing her basket and her list of what they needed for the coming few days before leaving him to head to the market. She hummed softly, gathering things from the list and paying the vendors as she went, making sure she wouldn't miss anything. While shopping, she saw a beautiful hair ornament that was a carving of Aphrodite. She decided to buy it and offer it as a gift to the goddess, hoping she would find it just as pretty as she did. She looked around and noticed Eros was there and with Aphrodite. She wanted to go over and say hello but didn't want to bother them. She decided to continue her shopping, hoping later Eros might come to visit.

Pixel Art by the talented Neko~ Thank you so much, Neko! <3
Both a just adorable~ :vanora_heart: :vanora_heart: :vanora_heart:

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/15 03:09:32 )
Eros frowned a bit, "How come Triton is there and I'm not?" He asked. Aphrodite grabbed a few things, handing them to Eros after she paid for them. "Because dear, he is the son of the brother of your grandfather; and he's only a child. Much younger than you. Come now, don't pout." She said, waving a finger at him. Eros nodded but said nothing as he took the things from her and held them while she did the shopping. Would he even want to go to these feasts her mother talked about? Part of him was pretty curious about them but he liked being here. He had a friend here, he didn't have any friends over there but seeing the family would be fun.

And I thought saltine crackers were salty.
Chat with me here if you wanna!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.