Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Love of the Gods (Kimmi and Boss Rimi)

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/23 14:08:47 )
You can die anytime...

Her father smiled and nodded,"Yeah. Let's get going." He said. He hugged his daughter,"Bye, sweetie." He said,"I'll see you tonight." He made sure he had everything and headed off.

Sapphira waved them goodbye and went inside. She drew up an amazing sketch of Ares and Aphrodite the way she say them this morning, when she had seen their sweet moment together. On the back she wrote a small note:

"Please forgive my rude and sudden departure this morning. The surprise of seeing the very God and goddess I prayed to startled me so and I could not make myself properly react. Please take this sketch as an offering and an apology for my rudeness this morning. Please, forgive me."

She took her drawing to the temple of Aphrodite and offered it, along with another sincere apology.

but living takes true courage.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/24 04:26:37 )
Eros nodded and after waving goodbye to Sapphira, he was quick to leave with her father to work.

Aphrodite had busied herself cleaning the house and when she was done, she went to check in on her son who was busy at work by then. It made her happy to see him so focused on his job. "Such a good boy." She said quietly then vanished and appeared near the large statue of her in her temple. The girl had returned and once again set a paper as an offering.

Aphrodite thought of her husband then walked over and picked up the paper. Appearing then. It was another sketch and seeing it alone was enough to make her grin like a girl in love. This girl was gifted. Talented. She ran a slender finger over the drawing of her husband and let out a soft sigh. Noticing something on the back, she turned it over and started to read the note quietly yo herself.

At least she had apologized. "Wait until Ares sees this, oh how he will love it!" She held the drawing close to her chest and looked over at the girl. "Well at least you apologized. I for one forgive you. My husband? Well you'll just have to wait. I shall have Hermes relay the message to him." She said and giggled then raised an eyebrow. "So tell me one thing girl, you're after Eros aren't you? Do you like him?" She asked.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/24 04:53:43 )
You can die anytime...

Sapphira wa about to return home when Aphrodite appeared before her again. This time, she was a little more prepared for her appearence,"Thank you." She said softly, hoping the God of war could find it in his heart to forgive her as well. When she mentioned Eros, she blushed lightly,"Well..." she started,"I do care for Eros very much. I have for a long time. But he's my best friend. I dont want to make him feel awkward if he doesnt like me the same way. I dont want to lose him as a best friend. So I'm willing to keep those feelings aside to keep the friendship."

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/24 05:34:45 )
Aphrodite smirked, so this girl fancied her son. It was obvious. She just asked to hear her say it herself. "My son is handsome isn't he? He gets his looks from me." She said and grinned then her face was serious, as if she were deep in thought. "Ah right, well listen you need to be honest with him. You never know, he might like you too." Aphrodite informed with a shrug of her shoulders. "You two make a cute couple and you make him smile. You make him lunch, you treat him well, you make him happy. I don't see why he wouldn't like you."

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/24 05:43:43 )
You can die anytime...

Sapphira blushed,"That's so kind of you to say." She said,"I suppose I could tell him. I just worry I will scare him away ." She hoped there might be a chance that Eros liked her that way too, but she was a bit unsure. She would try to talk to him later.

Meanwhile...

Sapphira's father was having lunch with Eroa when he looked over at him,"Eros, if this war does happen....I would like you to do me a favor." He said,"Its about Sapphira...if I have to go, could you please watch over her? I know she can take care of herself. But I just dont want her to be alone..."

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/25 02:31:37 )
Aphrodite thought for a moment and walked back to her statue. "Well I would keep quiet if I were you. Love isn't something anyone should rush into. Take all the time you need, let the two of you get closer. Overtime, when you're both comfortable, the truth will come out. For now, don't worry about it. Now shoo, I should go check on my son and make sure he's actually working. Thank-you for your offering and apology. I'll have Hermes send it to Ares and maybe you'll get a visit from him after." With that being said, Aphrodite was gone.

She called for Hermes who took the apology and sketch from her and over to Ares. Ares was busy training the men for the war when he heard Hermes calling for him in his head. Excusing himself, he met Hermes off in a secluded area and accepted the sketch. "Thank-you." Hermes then nodded and vanished. Looking at the sketch, he smiled a bit then turned it over and started to read the apology silently in his head.

Eros enjoyed his lunch he had brought from home and looked over at Sapphira's father when he spoke up. "A favor? Sure, what is it?" He asked. Listening to what the man asked of him, Eros frowned a bit. He knew the war was going to happen. his father had confirmed it. And chances were it wasn't going to be a pretty one. Casualties on both sides. Eros managed to give the man a smile and a nod. "I will, you have my word. She won't be alone, and if you do have to go, I know you'll come back."

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/25 19:36:40 )
You can die anytime...

Sapphira thanked her before she left and headed back to the house. She needed to rest for a little while after this morning. She only hoped that Ares would still protect them and to forgive her for this morning.

Her father smiled,"Thank you." He said, gently patting his back,"I feel much better knowing someone will be with my daughter. Knowing she'll have someone watching over her fills me with relief." He finished his lunch and looked around them,"Let's finish up so we can get out of here.'

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/26 03:55:50 )
"I need to go for a bit. Family emergency but I'll be back later. You can take over for now. I better see improvement when I return." Ares had instructed another soldier to take over his post while he left and when he was far enough away, he vanished only to appear inside Sapphira's house. She would be here soon and he would be there to greet her. Or well, talk to her about this apology of hers. Was it good enough? Heartfelt? He didn't know. He didn't even speak to her before. He didn't know anything about her.

Eros smiled, he was glad that he could help the man relax. He still wanted to talk to his father. How terrible were the odds? How many would be lost? Would Sapphira's father be one of them? Would he survive? Would he be fine? What if he didn't? Who would take his place? No one. No one could ever replace anyone's father and bringing back a deceased person wasn't easy. Hades always asked for something in return. "Alright then." Eros answered.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/26 13:02:58 )
You can die anytime...

Sapphira had been out getting things needed for dinner that evening when she had returned home and headed inside. When she realized Ares was there, she had looked surprised but she was a bit more prepared this time. "Good afternoon." She said to him, doing her best to keep calm. She couldn't help be a little nervous.,"I just apologize for how I had acted this morning. I never meant to be so rude and unfortunately I hadn't realized it until after I had returned home."

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/27 01:37:31 )
Ares didn't look too impressed. "Yes, well I did read your apology." He said and shrugged his shoulders. "If you can call it that. I will say this though, at least you took time to write one down." He said and looked around the house at the way it was decorated. "You're a strange one." He said quietly. "Rude you were. You were much more interested in my son than my wife. Me, well I can understand seeing me usually doesn't cause people to jump in joy but normally people do that when they see my wife." Ares then looked at her, "I already agreed to your prayer. The people are in for quite the battle, it will be fun." He smirked. "I'm more interested in what your intentions are with my son. What do you want with Eros exactly? What was the note you mentioned before? Why are you handing him notes for?" He asked, being every bit the concerned parent he was.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/27 02:00:10 )
You can die anytime...

" I meant to leave him a note about my father." Sapphira replied politely,"Just to let him know my father was going to be a little behind this morning. But he was ready to go when I had returned, so leaving a note wouldn't have mattered." She was a bit nervous ous,"I meant no disrespect. " she said softly, "I was just surprised she had been willing to examine my artwork while I was there...I never had expected the opportunity to meet her, or even speak to her, like that."

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/27 23:05:34 )
"And the moment you did you ran off." Ares said, looking back at the sketch then at her again. "He works with your father, that's what my wife tells me. I have never actually watched him work, but I assume he does a great job." He said, his face holding a serious expression. "Ah and I was told to thank you for feeding my son lunch. Sometimes he likes to leave the house in such a hurry that he forgets he needs to eat like everyone else. I think that he sometimes thinks being the son of the gods means he doesn't need to eat. He's young, he still has much to learn it seems." Ares explained honestly. He loved his son very much and now he would have to keep an eye on him as well as on this girl, what did she want with his boy?

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/28 00:58:14 )
You can die anytime...

Sapphira was slowly starting to realize Eros was a god. She couldn't believe she hadn't noticed that in all this time. She looked up when he mentioned lunch for Eros. She couldn't help but give a small polite smile,"It was no problem." she said,"I didn't want him to go through the day without eating anything. It's not good, for neither god or mortal." She shifted a little, still nervous,"I will say this, I'm thankful to have a best friend like he is. He's a hard worker, from what Dad says and he's also thankful he has him to work with since he's one of the few people that my dad to vent to."

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/28 03:10:17 )
"You're right. It isn't. At least I know some mortal is looking out for him." He said. It sounded mean but he hadn't meant it that way. A best friend? Well now, that was good to know. They were only friends, there was nothing more going on. Good, this was good. His son didn't need any distractions. "Vent to?" Ares repeated and raised an eyebrow. However he would never get an answer because right at that moment, he was being summoned. "I need to get going. You mortals sure enjoy praying." He muttered and vanished.

Back at work, Eros was finishing up working along with her father. They were just about done getting ready to walk back to their homes. Eros had a lot on his mind, mostly just stuff about the war. Were his parents mad at Sapphira still? Had she apologized to them? Had they accepted? Would it be okay if he asked them? Maybe he could pay a quick visit to the temples and have a talk with his parents or visit Sapphira and talk with her first.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/28 20:19:41 )
You can die anytime...

Sapphira watched as he left and let out a breath she didnt know she had been holding back. She couldn't help but fear Ares. He was the God of war after all, it would be silly not to. She roused herself from her thoughts and went to start dinner.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/4 01:24:05 )
Both Eros and Sapphira's father finished up what they were doing and once they had finished, the two started to make their way back to their respective houses. "I will see you tomorrow." Eros told the older man, giving him a polite smile. He wondered what his mother was doing and if she was just as worried about this war as everybody else was.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/4 14:20:26 )
You can die anytime...

Her father smiled and nodded,"See you then. Have a good evening, Eros." After watching him head off to home safely, the old man went inside and hugged Sapphira. They had dinner and talked about their days before he hugged her, kissed her head, and went to bed. Sapphira washed up the dishes with a sigh. All she could do is continue to believe all would be well.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/6 19:15:04 )
Eros got home just fine and once inside he noticed his mother was working on dinner. "Mother are you upset?" He asked her cautiously. Aphrodite looked up from her food she was cooking and shook her head. "No, should I be?" She asked. Eros shrugged, helping set the table. "I don't think so. Sapphira did apologize." He answered. His mother smiled and nodded, "Ahh that's what this is about. Well dear don't you worry. I like her, I am not mad at her. It is your father who you should be worried about but I think she's in no actual danger. So you shoudln't worry too much right now." His mother informed. Although that really didn't help the situation. In the back of his mind, the promise he had made to her father still lingered.

Donator — She, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/7 00:58:33 )
You can die anytime...

As the days went on, Sapphira noticed that something was going on with her father. He seemed so tired and stressed. It worried him that he was always so tired. "Dad, is all okay?" She asked him one morning after making breakfast for him. He looked over and nodded,"Just things at work." He said gently,"Nothing you have any control over. Don't worry too much about it, alright?" Sapphira looked worried but nodded. If it was something to do with work, she really couldn't help. It helped knowing Eros was working with her dad and at least there was someone there for him. Before he left for work, she hugged her dad gently and handed him his lunch, including a snack for he and Eros when they had another break.

Pixel Art by the talented Neko~ Thank you so much, Neko! <3
Both a just adorable~ :vanora_heart: :vanora_heart: :vanora_heart:

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/05/7 05:22:30 )
Eros woke that morning and went about his day as per usual. Once he grabbed his lunch and headed out the door, his mother looked over at her husband worriedly. "You've been awfully quiet today. I-is everything alright?" She asked him. "I'd be lying if I said it was." Ares answered quietly, finishing up his breakfast. "What's wrong?" His wife asked. Ares sighed, he hadn't wanted to tell her anything to cause her to worry but he didn't want to keep secrets either. "This war talk is becoming more frequent. I think everyone knows about it by now and I don't know if we're actually ready to face the enemy yet." He explained quietly, glancing towards the front door as if expecting his son to come back. "Is he going to be okay?" Aphrodite asked her husband, worried for the safety of her son. "Eros will be fine. He has every god on mount Olympus on his side. It's everyone else I'm worried about."

And I thought saltine crackers were salty.
Chat with me here if you wanna!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.