Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Emotional Baggage

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 02:21:26 )

"I'll wait in here." Erica answered after a moment.

"If only just to not leave the kitten alone." She added with a light chuckle as she pet the cute thing that was curled up in her lap.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 02:42:38 )
Rene just smiled.

"All right." he replied, as they made a few turns, and stopped in a small parking lot.

"I'll leave the car running, just so the heat's on." he told her, as the cat purred softly.

"Heh." he chuckled.

"It's REALLY taken a liking to you." he commented, before getting out of the car and heading into the store.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 02:47:59 )

"So the furry thing has." Erica said with a soft smile as she gently stroked its fur.

She considered bolting while Rene was gone, but the onslaught of the hail outside stopped her. She didn't know if she was really brave enough to head outside and face that, with what little she had. This was her first winter on the streets, as she ran from home recently, because of what she could do. She didn't think he'd believe her if she told him, so ... she just kept silent about it, figuring it'd be honestly better.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 03:10:45 )
After a few minutes, Rene returned with a couple of shopping bags. He put them in the passenger side seat, and pulled out of the parking lot again.

"Looks like we need to be quick." he told her.

"According to weather forecasts, this IS supposed to get worse. And soon." he said.

"Businesses are closing early because of it."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 03:14:29 )

"Oh geez." Erica said before looking out the window and biting her lip.

"This probably would have been the night to kill me then." She then said, bluntly.

"Which... really would have sucked."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 03:38:01 )
"To put it lightly." Rene responded.

The rest of the drive was in relative silence, as Rene needed to concentrate on the road, and as such, his driving had gotten noticeably slower and more methodical.

However, after what seemed like forever, he finally pulled in front of a nice-looking townhouse, and Rene turned off the car.

"Come on." he said to Erica.

"Let's get inside before things get even worse." he told her, grabbing the bags and readying his keys.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 03:48:26 )

Erica climbed out of the car, with the kitten in her bag, since it was a bit warmer in there. She turned the collar up agains th wind and followed Rene to the door. The weather sucked, and she was definitely happy to have somewhere to stay for the night, but she wasn't entirely thrilled with how she didn't know him and didn't know if she could trust him.

She hoped this wouldn't go sourthough.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 03:59:53 )
They made their way to the front door, and Rene unlocked it. They then made their way inside, and Rene shut the door behind them, turning on the nearby light, illuminating the entry, where some keys hung on a rack, and a mat lay, for putting shoes on.

Rene then locked the door, and sighed, taking his own shoes off and heading deeper into the house.

"Come on to the kitchen." he told her.

"Please take off your shoes, though." he added.

"The floors can get really slippery when wet."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 04:02:31 )

Erica hesitated for a few seconds before kicking off her shoes, and taking his coat off of her. She hung it before following him deeper into the house.

"Nice place." She said after a few seconds as she walked

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 04:21:22 )
"It does what it's supposed to." Rene chuckled as they went into the kitchen.

They stopped at the table, and Rene put one of the bags on it.

"All right." he said.

"Come on upstairs." he told her.

"I have a spare room that you can use." he went on, before starting to walk again, this time towards the stairs.

The two of them then made their way upstairs, and towards the room in question. When he turned on the lights, illuminating the room, and Erica saw that there was a lot of space in it. There was a double-sized bed, a dresser for clothes, a small endtable at the side of the bed with a lamp on it, and a desk and chair.

"What do you think?" he asked her.

"Will this do?"

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 04:25:24 )

Erica was silent for a moment as she looked around, before nodding.

"Better than a playground." She commented honestly.

"So... yeah"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 04:40:24 )
"Good." Rene replied, before digging into the bag he had.

He then pulled out a lock.

A heavy-duty, solid, almost ominous-looking lock.

"Now..." he said quietly, holding it up in front of her.

"Do you want this installed?" he asked her.

"Would it make you feel safer and help you sleep better if you were able to lock me out of this room?" he asked further.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 04:51:45 )

When Erica saw the lock, her brain was going a mile a minute. Did he mean to lock her in the room? She had no idea what to think of, at least before he continued to speak. When he said what he did, she wasn't sure what to make of it.

"I... please." She then said.

"It's... not that I dont' trust you... it's just... it's mroe that I like privacy... and..." she trailed off.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 05:19:40 )
"Well, I got this because it'd be a certainty that you wouldn't trust me completely." Rene told her.

"So here." he said, opening the package for the first time, and handing her both keys for it.

"Keep these on you at all times." he told her.

"I'm going to get my tools and install this so you can lock me out at any time." he said further.

"Oh, and here." he went on, handing her the bag.

"Odds are the cat will want to spend a lot of time with you, so you can set up things for it as you like. Litter, food, water, that sort of thing." he continued.

"That's what's in there. Bowls and litter and all that jazz." he clarified.

"Back in a second." he finished, before going to retrieve the tools in question.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 05:23:37 )

Erica accepted hte keys after a few seconds, but nodded.

"Yeah, sure." She said after a moment.

"That... that makes sense." She added as she accepted the bag that he'd handed her.

"Kitty probably would like to." She then said after a few seconds.

She then paused a moment, realizing that the kitty needed a bettername than just 'kitty'.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 05:37:15 )
The cat, meanwhile, had climbed up onto the bed, and was walking around on it, seeming to take in its surroundings. It was a new sort of thing for the creature, and it showed. Seemed it had been living on the streets for the entirety of its so-far short life.

However, it finally made its way near the head of the bed, and curled into a ball, purring softly.

Inside the bags, Erica found what Rene had said was in it.

A little tray, some little, two bowls, some food, a small bag of treats, and a furry toy on a plastic rod. It looked like Rene had gotten all that would be required for the little one.

And when she looked at the lock more closely, she did see that it was a really sturdy lock. Something that would definitely keep that door shut.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 05:43:51 )

"Maybe... maybe it won't be so bad to wait out the storm here..." Erica said after a moment before sighing and starting to set up the litter and food for the kitty. She didn't know what to make of anything else, for the moment. She was still too stunned at this turn of events.

Once she was done with the litter, she poured some food into the dish and sighed.

"I gotta get you some water." She then commented with a light sigh.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 06:26:19 )
Just as she said that, Rene returned with his tools.

"Bathroom's down the hall and to the left." he told her.

"You can fill the water bowl there." he said.

"While you do that, I'll set up this lock." he went on, kneeling down and taking it from her.

"All right, let's secure this room." he said with a light chuckle.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 06:32:49 )

Erica hesitated for a moment before getting to her feet and looking around and heading off to do as he suggested.

She didn't want to get in the way for the installation after all, but at the same time, she was completely aware of how she should be there to view it, to make sure he didn't try and pull anything.

She filled the dish with some water before heading back to the room, carrying it carefully, since she knew that she needed to, really. She didn't want to spill it after all.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/21 06:45:25 )
She was back before Rene had even started. He was actually looking at it, and examining it.

"Right..." he said.

"Guess I have to install it THIS way so it locks from the inside..." he mumbled, before putting it up and making some markings with a pencil.

"Wanna help?" he asked Erica.

"Gonna need you to keep this lock steady while I install it." he told her.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.