Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Emotional Baggage

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 01:13:01 )

She remained silent for a moment as she weighed the pros and cons of his offer in her head. She didn't avoid an answer for long before sighing and climbing out of the cube, carefully of course, with the kitten in her bag and everything else in her pockets.

"Well, if you're going to kill me, I'd be dead either way." She commented with a shrug.

"So sure. I'd gladly take some shelter."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 02:22:50 )
The man just sighed.

"A wise attitude." he told her.

"Odds are it's what's kept you alive for so long." he reasoned.

"But relax, I mean no ill will." he went on, as the feline poked its head out of the bag, sniffing.

"Heh. Guess it smells what I have." the man said, before taking out a piece of chicken and giving it to the little cat. It took the food greedily, before disappearing back into the bag to eat.

"Are YOU hungry?" he then asked the girl.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 02:50:38 )

She was silent for a moment before nodding.

"I... haven't eaten in aw-while." A bit of a stammer coming from the shivers.

"Admittedly..." She added with a light sigh.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 04:00:57 )
"......." the man was silent, before sighing.

He then took off his large overcoat, revealing his rather slim and almost wire-like frame... but it was clear there was some clear definition all around him... and draped it over her.

As soon as he did, even though it swam on her, she could already feel the warmth of it permeating her body.

"Come on." he said.

"Let's go get you something to eat." he told her, before starting to walk away.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 05:07:48 )

Without even thinking of it, she pulled the large coat around her more, tighter. It seemed as if she was believing that this was temporary. She didn't want to lose the coat, and it showed.

"wha-what about the kitten?" She asked almost hesitantly as she caught up to his retreating form. She wasn't sure where they were going to go for food, and if somewhere to order food... She was sure the kitten wouldn't be allowed.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 05:23:46 )
"The feline can come with." he replied.

"We have two options." he told her as they walked.

"I can grab takeout from a fast food joint on the way back to my place, or we can stop at a cafe." he said. "And the place is animal-friendly." he went on. "They allow small animals inside." he said.

"So... your choice." he continued.

"What do you prefer?" he asked.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 05:29:46 )

She didn't say anything, but there was plenty running through her head. If they hit the cafe ,l then after she'd warmed up and eaten, she could bail again and not have to risk being somewhere that was a danger to her, right? She wasn't entirely convinced that that was what would happen, how it would go, but at least she realized that it was possible.

"I..." She started before sighing.

"C-cafe. Warmer food..." She then said with a light chuckle.

She was freezing, and it wasn't hard to tell. He didn't realize how apparent it would be once they got in somewhere with proper lighting, where he could truly see her, though.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 06:05:04 )
"Okay then." the man replied.

After a few minutes, they made their way to a car, and the man used his electronic keyring to unlock the doors.

"You can throw your stuff in the back if you want." he told her.

"Or the front. Or sit in the back and stuff up front. Or whatever." he said.

"Really doesn't make much of a difference to me." he told her, as he climbed in the driver's side.

"And feel free to feed the chicken scraps in the pocket to the cat." he finished.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 06:08:01 )

She climbed into the backseat, not entirely sure it would be so smart to go to the front, and got the kitten - still in the bag - on her lap after buckling up.

"H-h-how'd you know the c-cat was there?" She asked after a moment, trying to warm up, and grateful to in a place that was outside of the cold air.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 06:25:56 )
"Well, the cat is a frequent at the park." the man replied, starting the car and turning the heater on.

"Some dickwads thought it'd be a hoot to throw rocks at it and watch it scamper." he told her.

"So I stepped in and..." he continued, before pausing after trailing off some.

"...made them see the error their ways." he finished.

"Anyway, I've been visiting this park for the past week or so, bringing it food and trying to earn its trust, so I could get it out of the elements." he then explained.

"But I just don't have a way with cats." he sighed.

"Seems YOU do, though." he then added.

"Anyway, the feline likes to take to the playground equipment for shelter. I figured it'd be there." he then shrugged.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 06:28:07 )

"Oh, I ... I g-guess that makes sense." She said, before sneezing.

". . ow." She muttered.

"I... I'm Erica." She then said after a few seconds.

"Just... just so you have something to call me."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 06:33:22 )
"........" the man was silent as he heard her sneeze and mutter her little utterance of pain.

"I'm Rene." he replied.

"Dr. Rene Calder." he said, pulling out of the parking space.

"And you do NOT sound and look healthy." he commented.

"To put it very lightly."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 06:37:12 )

"I've been through worse." Erica stated after a moment.

"A sneeze is nothing." She added with a shrug.

"And Dr? You look too young for that, admittedly."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 07:40:28 )
"I hear that a lot." Rene replied.

"I'm older than I look." he told her, as they made a few turns.

"But I've also been called a prodigy, so... whatever?" he finished, before they pulled into the parking lot of a little hole-in-the-wall looking cafe.

"We're here." he said.

"Come on." he invited her, shutting off the car.

"Put the cat in one of the pockets of the coat, and let's get inside."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 07:44:06 )

Erica was silent before doing as he had said. She carefully slid the kitten in the pocket with the chicken, unbuickled the seatbelt and crawled out of the car. She was smaller than she should be at her age, and she knew it, looked a lot younger herself, but at the same time, she knew exactly why. She'd been dealing with the lack of food and the like for years now, and it was really playing a factor in her growth. Once outside, she closed the door and looked toward Rene.

"All right, lead the way then." She said, sounding - and starting to look - a bit better now that she'd had a chance to warm up some.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 08:07:51 )
Rene nodded in response.

"All right, this way." he said.

They then made their way indoors, and as soon as she stepped inside, Erica could smell a vast number of different delicious aromas wafting around her.

Coffee, tea, sweets, baked goods, actual food... it was unlike anything she'd ever really smelled before. At least, not at this level of quality, anyway.

"Hey, Sylvia." Rene said to one the females behind the front counter.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 08:09:36 )

"Oh!" The one he addressed exclaimed as she looked over.

"Hey Rene. I haven't see you in ages." She commented.

"How've you been?" She asked with a smile as Erica just looked around.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 08:17:31 )
"I've been all right." Rene told her.

"Keeping busy here and there." he said.

"And I have someone here that could REALLY use something to eat, and something to drink." he went on.

"So can I get the House Blend with 2 cream and 1 sugar?" he asked.

"And for the little lady, your large Mocha Supreme?" he said further.

"See anything on the board you want for actual food?" he then asked Erica.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 21:19:44 )

Sylvia nodded/

"Sure thing" She said with a chuckle before punching it in for the order. Erica, meanwhile, just sighed.

"Butter Chicken wrap?" She asked. "I.. haven't had good butter chicken since I .... for awhile."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/19 22:11:10 )
"Sure thing." Rene said.

"Get her the Butter Chicken wrap, and give her the spiced fries side as well." he went on.

"Me? I'll take the Sweet Thai Chili Tuna wrap, with the sweet potato fries for a side." he told her further.

He then walked up to the pastry display case, and looked at what was available.

"And we'll take two of the Sinner's Delight brownies." he finished.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.